Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Account Security Reminder - what a joke!

The mail isn't intended for people who are very savvy of what's out there. There are always plenty of people that don't have alarm bells going off when a random person mails/whispers them with a link. And yes there are even plenty of people without any kind of anti virus protection.

But yeah the wording can be a little better of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Northenlad60 View Post
    To say you cannot go to any site that is not in their "approved" list is obserd.

...if the writer does actually have a stong understanding of the english language.

)
    The writer was Dawnseeker, who was born and raised in the US and probably can spell "absurd".

Well they were right, eventually the Forum Grammar Police is gonna backfire on someone.

I'm sorry if the email offended you. You can, of course, visit any website you wish. However, unapproved websites can have viruses, trojans and other malware which could compromise your account. You can take the risk of visiting those sites, but that greatly increases the chance that your account will be compromised, and if that happens, it is not our responsibility to restore what you gambled on and lost.

That's the only point we wanted to make with that reminder. We want to help our players maintain their account security. In the end, it is up to you.

And I wrote the email, so if there were any errors in grammar (as you indicated) then its my fault and I apologize. I just read it again though, and it seems to be error-free.
    Last edited by Dawnseeker; 06-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Legendary Hero

Correct spelling and grammar are always nice, but it's good to be careful not to make statements that fall under the "Parent to Child" category as described in transaction analysis (TA). It's an older theory of communication but fairly simple to understand and useful.
    Lady Amikee
    Retired-Just Observing Now

Quote Originally Posted by Amikee View Post
    Correct spelling and grammar are always nice, but it's good to be careful not to make statements that fall under the "Parent to Child" category

Oh don't be obserd...

This was the kind of message used everywhere, everytime by any company to clients/members. Some people just need to be offended, and therefore victimized. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    I'm sorry if the email offended you. You can, of course, visit any website you wish. However, unapproved websites can have viruses, trojans and other malware which could compromise your account. You can take the risk of visiting those sites, but that greatly increases the chance that your account will be compromised, and if that happens, it is not our responsibility to restore what you gambled on and lost.

That's the only point we wanted to make with that reminder. We want to help our players maintain their account security. In the end, it is up to you.

And I wrote the email, so if there were any errors in grammar (as you indicated) then its my fault and I apologize. I just read it again though, and it seems to be error-free.
    This was very nice of you to say. I hope the point is not missed here. I was trying to say that I should not be told where I can go. A general rule of thumb would be think about how best to word your mail, so you are not sounding too *what's the word*, pushy on what can or cannot be visited. I am sure everyone knows the risks of going to such sites, and would not be holding Evony responsible for the actions.

Oh, and many thanks for pointing out MY spelling mistakes guys.. It was not about spelling, but about how the email came across. Glad you all realised that!

This was very nice of you to say. I hope the point is not missed here. I was trying to say that I should not be told where I can go. A general rule of thumb would be think about how best to word your mail, so you are not sounding too *what's the word*, pushy on what can or cannot be visited. I am sure everyone knows the risks of going to such sites, and would not be holding Evony responsible for the actions.

Oh, and many thanks for pointing out MY spelling mistakes guys.. It was not about spelling, but about how the email came across. Glad you all realised that!

Don't be obserd, of course were going to point out your spelling mistakes if you point out theirs. Thats ludarcris. :P

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Does it really matter? I mean seriously, they're trying to HELP us, so stop acting the victim.

Also, you don't have to use sarcasm. I haven't seen one person agree with you about the e-mail, they said the spelling could be better, but you just misunderstood what the e-mail was talking about. Weird how everyone else knows what they were talking about. If i warned you right before you fell off a cliff because you would die, would you yell at me for telling you what to do? I hope not, and if yes, see a doctor.