Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: City Structure Guide

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Default City Structure Guide

When I first started again on AGEII servers with the ability to view into my Alliance members towns I found a lot used hopeless set ups so I created this small guide to give them a idea of the prefect AGE II Structure set-up. I figure there is nothing really confidential to my Alliance here so I figured I'd share with you guys maybe it will help some of your new players out there.

Town
    Stage I
    Getting the right combination of structures up is important, having to many cottages and not enough barracks is the biggest problem people have.

Your strength in this game comes for your military force which is why you need to be able to produce them first, however most people, make the biggest mistake of thinking they need a lot of population so they can have a big army, which is incorrect, with 6 cottages once they reach Lv9 you will have 27k Pop, which is more then enough to create armies if you set you production to 0 each time you build men so you have access to more pop.

You first Basic Set up should be
    6 cottages (Iron Towns Need 8 cottages)
    15 Barracks
    *1 Inn
    1 Feasting Hall
    1 Rally Point
    1 Beacon Tower
    1 Embassy
    1 Market
    1 Academy
    *1 Forge
    1 Workshop
    *1 Stable
    1 Relief Station

Stage 2

Once you have Built up Several buildings it will allow you to Demolish some now useless buildings

Once You now have a Lv9/Lv10 Workshop You may Demolish your Forge. (Depending on how many Scripts you have, will determine if you go Lv9 or Lv10 as well as Lv10 only useful if you have Lv10 Gear.)

You now have a Lv8 or 10 Relief Station, You may Demolish your Stables. (Depending on how many Scripts you have, will determine if you go Lv8 or Lv10, Lv10 takes a lot of time, its recommended you do this at Lv8 you can always rebuild stables later if needed to get it to Lv10)

You now have a Lv9 or 10 Festing Hall, You may Demolish your Inn. (Depending on how many Scripts you have, will determine if you go to Lv10 or not)

Remember you want at least 1 of your Cities to have a Lv5 Feasting Hall to Enquire Details for Historical Heroes, so make sure you leave one up in one town.

So now you can build
    +3 Barracks

Giving your Total Barracks Count in the city 18!!

City
    Stage I
    Because of Tributes in AgeII there is 3 different set ups you will use across your towns for production.

Step 1 Option I. - Lumber City

> LV5 Farm (Demo Once Stables Built)
    > LV3 Ironmine (Demo Once Lv2 Forge Built)
    > LV2 Quarry (Demo Once Walls Lv9 or 10)
    > Fill the Remaining Blocks with Minimun Lv6 Sawmills.

The Level of you Sawmills will depend on how far you are progressed, however the early players should make sure they have Lv6 Minimun, its cheap on resourses and time to get to Level 6 and it gives great Production

Remember you have have 1 Valley for every Townhall Level So fill these slots up with Forests, Lv6-10 Will do Great, slowly replace all with Lv10 Forests as you get stronger

You will now have a Great Producing Lumber Town

Step 1 Option II. - Iron City

> Fill the Remaining Blocks with Minimun Lv6 Ironmine

The Level of you Ironmines will depend on how far you are progressed, however the early players should make sure they have Lv5 Minimun, its cheap on resourses and time to get to Level 6 and it gives great Production

Remember you have have 1 Valley for every Townhall Level So fill these slots up with Forests, Lv6-10 Will do Great, slowly replace all with Lv10 Hills as you get stronger

You will now have a Great Producing Iron Town

Step 1 Option III. - Half/Half Suzerain City
    > Fill the 50% of the Remaining Blocks with Minimun Lv5 Ironmine
    > Fill the 50% of the Remaining Blocks with Minimun Lv6 Sawmills

Now most people know the main reason you go deep into one type is to stack all the bonuses, so going 50/50 seems off, well in AgeII, this set up will net you the highest production depending on a few things.
    The Trick with set up is Colonies, the main reason is that Tributes are still effected by the Capacity limit, so a lumber town gains no iron from his colonies and vs versa, By Spliting it up you can get more production on both
    Example

As you can see i have massive production, this town has about 60 Colonies and i get the effects from both of them.

Now this set up will produce more Resourses with good colonies, but there is a few down falls.

The first Problem is Capacity Limit, since your 50/50 you have basically half for each, but you production is as high as a lumber or iron town alone.

Because of this make sure you research Stockpile, this will increase you capcity limit by 10% each level and you really need lv7+ for this set up.

The second way around this is to use a Market place to store you resourses, Lv5+ is good as it will give you plenty space to store excess resourses and still bid.

This Build set up works really well if you want you Cities to be More Dependent not consently sending resourses from one to another.
    It Lets you get Maximun resourse benifits from your Colonies, and is the most Powerfull Resourse Production set up.
    The only downfall is because of the lower resources capacity limit you will have to be more active and store resources regularly.

-------------
    That's all the information you need to know, remember this is just a structure guide, its mainly about what you should have and not order to build them in, of course getting resource fields to the the right lv early will pay of later.

Hope you enjoyed this short guide.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

I liked it. Players need to build city frames that are consistent and your proposed frames are good.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Great guide! One quick question.

How come you say Relief station 8 or 10. Why not 9?

Relief Station 9 has the same effect as Relief Station 8.

good guide

Great guide it will be helpful esp with newer alliance members ! thanks buddy

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

6 cottages are VERY small if you are maximising the city slots too even at 0% tax. Unless you play all day you will have to keep moving your heroes back over and over again to make more troops otherwise you will have not enough population to make a decent block of troops.
    I agree with everything else, but 8 cottages are better IMO. If you have a battle city with no real resource fields then 6 would do, but if all pop is being used you will have very little room to make troops unless you wait for a while when you zero pop in TH in those fields to use them for armies. Age1 was instant, Age2 has a delay (not sure how long a delay). Remember that not all units use just 1 pop unit. Archers use 2 for example so 9k will only make 4500 of them, which is not a large block and you will need several listed per day or you have empty barracks. 8k archers is better and if you log in 3 or 4 times you can make enough to work 24 hours a day.
    Getting rid of the Forge, Inn (not in EVERY city obviously), Stables, Market if its not really needed, and build up as many barracks as possible is the only way to really churn out men especially as there is no instant troops in Age2.
    Last edited by scythe; 06-24-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

The delay is very easy to by pass, simply que 1 warrior and you will get your full idle pop, once you used it just do pop raising and it will add instantly.

Otherwise you have to wait for the natural tick, and it can take up to 2-3 ticks to update.

That's how I do it, that allows you to do it just as if it was age1. I do agree but those players with less time will benefit a lot more from 8 cottages

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

well this may be a lil late...

but u can also by pass the delay by changing ur tax up or down 1 point or doing comforting

which is how i do it

so the iron town will only ave 13 barracks