Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1330

Thread: Blackmail and Genocide ooc

We'll see about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
    We'll see about that...
    Dun dun dun dun, and the plot begins...

~John

I'm thinking of how to begin the next chapter. Any ideas (no promises I will consider them.)

Florida, where no tourist has gone before.

Tell me if I got your character's personality right Thack, before I go any further.

Fire rained down from the sky upon Magville, a large trading city in Wizreka a country of mages at war with the Kingdom of Machina, a kingdom of engineers. The screams of those burning alive were drowned out by the sound of thunder as lightning struck at the catapults in retaliation.

Colonel Gear was shocked by one of those lightning bolts and lost sensation in both of his legs; it didn’t stop him from shouting out his orders, “Hurry up and reload the catapults! Get a move on with setting up those trebuchets! Move the ballistae close! Where are my battering rams!”

Soldiers ran to and fro to load up the catapults with bales of hay soaked in tar; they were lit right before being launched over the walls of the city.

The ballistae were rolled even closer to the walls where they fired large tongues and iron balls at the mages and archers on the walls, the attacks were always stopped short by the energy shields set in place to protect those on the walls, but against this barrage of artillery it couldn’t last long.

Fire and lightning struck out at the ballistae and catapults in retaliation, killing soldiers but proving little value against the machines that were repaired almost as soon as they were damaged by the experienced engineers.

Now the trebuchets were set up and they began lobbing huge stones at the walls, cracking against them with much force. No damage could be seen on the stone, but again the magic enchantments wouldn’t last forever.

Now the water mages in the city came to life, striking out at the trebuchets with focused downpours, mists, fogs, hail and freezing cold.

The reloading of the trebuchets was now slowed dramatically and their shots off by wide margins as the engineers were blinded by the spells, unable to even see the machinery they were working with, much less recalibrate it.

Gear saw this and yelled, “just wait it out!”

More fire was launched from the catapults behind the enemy walls; more lightning, fire and ice struck the engines and engineers. More screams, more shouts.

And now the battering rams were moving forward, suddenly all the mages began to focus on them, lightning, fire and ice struck out at the canvas of the battering rams to no avail, it was not conductive to heat or lightning and it was too tough for ice.

And so the engineers projected within the canvas moved forward each having said his prayers as he knew what would come next.

Halfway to the walls it came, the Earth began to shake, engineers began frantically reinforcing their engines, repairing fractures and just using all their skill to maintain integrity. The engineers in the battering rams began to run out of the battering rams, frantically trying to escape before the earth opened up and swallowed them.

Most of the engineers escaped, but not all and many of the battering rams fell in.

Gear laughed, “them earth mages are bound to be tired after that! Bridge the crevice, send in the second wave!”

Engineers ran to the crevice, those on the walls saw them and began focusing on stopping the engineers.

This was the real fight, engineers fell in droves, only to be dragged out, burns and lacerations patched up by physicians and sent back to go through that hell again. This went on for a while, long enough for the trebuchets to begin firing again. The first thing that went up was railing separating the engineers from the crevice. Why because this was the part the wind mages had waited on before they came into play (Other then the barrier of course.)

Gusts of wind blew at the backs of the engineers, threatening to toss them inside the abyss unless they got the railing up. Once this was succeeded they began spanning the abyss with wooden boards, or they tried to, for every time a board was placed across, lightning, fire, ice, wind or even the occasional stone would shatter it.

This went on and on, until finally ballistae broke through the magic wall protecting those on top and struck through a wind mage. And then things really went to pot for the mages, following this success the catapults were directed to the top of the walls rather then behind and the damage on top of the walls became severe.

This allowed the engineers to construct their bridges and start sending battering rams and archers across. The battering rams began attacking the walls, arrows rained on top of the walls, more time passed and then a crack appeared along the wall, and then more and more until it collapsed. Revealing chaos inside. Soldiers ran to the breach to give their lives to protect the city and others ran to the breach to give their lives to destroy the city.

This battle was lost, and Colonel Gear smiled, another battle won by attrition.

In the Kingdom of Healia, King Nuet was bed ridden with grief over the kidnapping of his two twin daughters. By his side was Prince Norm, who was to be betrothed to one of the twins, though which one nobody had quite figured out yet.

He had just arrived to claim his wife when he heard of their kidnapping, and now he begged the king for information, “Your Highness! You must tell me who could have done this! Are you sure you don’t know!”

The king looked at he prince and sighed, “I know exactly who did this and why they did this. I said it doesn’t matter.”

“Who then!”

The king barked, “Wizreka and Machina! That’s who!”

The prince looked confused, “Huh They both took the princesses?”

The king replied angrily, “No, each took one princess! Both have been trying to get me to join their cause for years. Last week one of the princesses was kidnapped, the next day the other was gone. I sent spies to both of the kingdoms and learned that they both kidnapped one. Apparently either Wizreka or Machine had wanted to blackmail me into joining their cause, so they kidnapped my daughter, and apparently the other one had heard about it before me and kidnapped my other daughter to stop me from joining their enemy’s side. Now both have my daughters and there is nothing I can do about it!”

The prince said dumbly, “Oh, so umm... I'll go rescue them!”

The king said dryly, “Can you even fight”

Tthe prince laughed, “Of course I can fight and I have been training with the captain of the guards since I was young!”

The king said, “you are still young, only fourteen, hardly military age.”

The prince pouted, “if I’m old enough to marry, I should be old enough to fight for my wife!”

The king said, “an arranged marriage with your nursemaid attending your wedding night. But fine, you can go once you get your fathers permission, just make sure you head to Adventurburg first to get yourself some help.”

With his parents permission the young prince went to Adventurburg and stopped at the first tavern he came across. He paid the bartender a sum of money to put the word out that he needed a bunch of adventurers to help him rescue a couple princesses. Standard stuff. Until then he waited in the inn.

While waiting at the inn, a group of burly men came up to him, “Hey kid, what are you doing here? This isn’t quite the place for you.”

Norm looked up at them getting kind of scared, “I’m uh… I-I am just-just I am- waiting- waiting for adventurers.”

“Ha ha ha! Really? While we are just back from an adventure! How about we buy you a drink, something a bit stronger then that wine cooler you are sipping.”

“I uh… I uhh... don’t think… sure.”

Norm didn’t like the way this was turning out.

They began buying him drinks and getting him drunk.

Three drinks later he was like totally stoned and soaked through, “Hey kid, you still alive?”

His eyes just rolled up into his head

Their leader jumped up, “Damn! When he can’t take his drink, he really can’t take his drink! Come on kid, talk to me!”

He began to shake Norm to get him to respond, and only succeeded in making Norm look like a limp rag-doll. Finally, totally freaked out the men made like bananas and split.

Norm picked himself up when they were gone, looking at himself he said, “Playing dead really does work.”

The Tavern master said from behind the bar, “I don’t appreciate you wasting my whiskey like that.”
    The only real power comes out of a long rifle. - Joseph Stalin

A Kentucky Long Rifle

Norm shook his head, “I’m going to bed.”

The next morning during breakfast, a lithe, young and weathered man sat across from Norm. He reached over, “Hi, My name is Patterson; I’m the world renown pirate hunter you probably have heard so much about.”

Norm looked doubtful, “I never heard of you.”

“Well, in that case let me tell you the story. You see there I was alone on this pirate ship, just me and my sword. I was fighting them off, there must have been two dozen of them, but one by one I cut them down. Until there was just me and the captain! Our battle was epic! The gods rained lightning down in their approval, the sea churned from the raw energy given off but finally, I was the victor! The captain’s head was mine! And I got these to prove it!”

He slammed down a Mythril Rapier and an adamant sword breaker.

Norm went bug-eyed, “Wow… really… Wow… Did you come for the quest?”

“You bet I did.”

“You are hired! Here sign your name on this Writ, it is the proof you need to claim the reward.”

Patterson wrote down his name and Norm pocketed the Writ.

“So… Just you?”

Bursting in through the doors came a man whose robes were wreathed in flames, “No! Not just him, I have come also, but I must know, is the promised sum true!? Two hundred pounds of gold!?”

Norm shook his head a bit scared of this man,”Yes”

He slammed his hand on the table, “Well then, you have yourself a mage. My name is David Chapman and I bend fire to my will.”

David signed his name on the writ. And they waited for half the day before Norm gave up, “Let’s just go then. This is enough I guess, after all we have a man who can kill two dozen pirates and a master of fire, right?”

Patterson scratched his head, “Yeah, two dozen. But I think they might have had the scurvy or something.”

David rolled his eyes, “Let us go, we can recruit more companions on the way.”

They purchased horses, supplies and then saddled up. Setting off at a trot they made good time, the four companions, Norm, David Patterson and Thack. Wait, Thack?

Norm let out and ear piercing screams when he noticed there was a fourth man with them, Patterson just about joined him and even David jumped.

Thack growled, “Shut the hell up! I’ve already signed the writ, I’m coming with!”

Norm stuttered, “But-But How?” He examined the writs and indeed, there was a third signed Writ, with the name Thack. This fourth companion was sickly looking, and carried a mace on his side.

“I did it last night while you were asleep.”

Patterson said, “Dude, that’s just creepy.”

Norm looked on the bright side of things while quaking in his saddle, “Hey, at least now there are four of us.”

David muttered, “There sure are, God Help Us.”

While travelling to the Border Norm attempted to strike up a conversation and learn about his companions, first Thack,

“So uh… Mr. Thack, what can you do?”

“I can floss my teeth with your soul. Its… minty.”

“Okay… I don’t want to continue this to see where it goes.”

He turned to David, “Mr. David”-

“Shut it, I don’t need your soul to floss my teeth.”

Patterson said, “This reminds me of a story, you ever heard of the pirate Blackktooth? I met him once, you see we were in a tavern and he had just insulted my girlfriend and as a man of honor you understand I had to”-

Norm threw up his hands and just gave up; this was the worst adventurer party ever.

A week later, everybody was ready to gut Patterson like a pig and they reached the border. As they crested a hill they came across the Wizreka border outpost, it was terribly undermanned. There was nothing more then a camp, a couple of wizards, a few shieldsmen and one or two archers. However the ground around them was too rough for horses.

Norm asked, “Umm... what do we do?”

Before anyone else could answer, Patterson said, “I’ll talk our way through. Watch.”

He dismounted, picked up a rock and walked towards the camp.

Norm asked, “Is anyone going to stop him?”

Thack chuckled, “Why? This might by funny.”

David sighed, “I’ll go get him.”

When Patterson was halfway there and just before David reached him, he threw the rock and hit one of the shieldsmen in his helmet. He began cursing like a sailor and most of his comrades burst into laughter. One of the wizards however looked at where the rock came from, “Hail Stranger, what do you be doing throwing rocks at my men?”

Patterson responded with a lie so smooth, it’s superconductive, “Sorry! I was just hunting birds with my master here! I missed!”

The wizard kind of hesitated, “You were hunting birds… by throwing rocks…?

Patterson smiled, “Yes.”

There was sort of an awkward silence while everyone digested that and then got indigestion from that.

The wizard muttered, “Hunting birds by throwing rocks…”

David placed his face in the palm of his hand and groaned, “That’s seriously the best he could come up with?”
    It'll go faster from here. I should be done in a few days.

A Kentucky Long Rifle

Seems alright. Perhaps a little too talkative but he seems to be somewhat threatening.

I'm to the tower now, since there was a complete party change after the tower, I'm thinking I should post the first half then and then finish the second half.

So far 19 pages completed.

A Kentucky Long Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Humility View Post
    I'm to the tower now, since there was a complete party change after the tower, I'm thinking I should post the first half then and then finish the second half.

So far 19 pages completed.
    Very nice, I say you should post it.

~John

I agree with John.

It will be posted tomorrow, I need to read over it quickly.

A Kentucky Long Rifle