Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Server NA19 Opening

Quote Originally Posted by Baccy View Post
    Uk is 6 hours after server time:

7pm + 6 hours = 1am
    Thanks

filler

sooooo......

all new players are directed to Age II, so I guess that whole 'opening servers on demand' is a nice way to say, 'no, we are abandoning Age I'.

It's only been 3 and a half months (almost the same amount of time my old server 8 existed before being merged) since Age II was announced to be out of beta and we would be transitioning to Age II, and since then all we have heard regarding that magical thing is...

****silence****

I think its safe to say Evony is writing off Age I as a giant beta for their Age II/Facebook game. They really had a good thing going, to bad they managed to screw everything up this spring. I, frankly, have run out of patience with the complete lack of communication from Evony regarding Age I. Its been 'we're working on it' since the beginning of April, and apparently that's all Dawnseeker, Valkirah, et al are allowed to say. I really liked this game, and I liked Age II the few times I played it, but the fact is, it requires updates, and communication regarding the updates. We were told one thing from October til March regarding Age II, then, Evony changed their mind, which is fine, but they have done, or TOLD us anything since then. Now I see another Age II server opening up, but still NO word on Age I.

Oh well, once again, congratulations to Evony for creating a thriving online game community,and killing it, all within a year.
    Last edited by BoozeHound the NewsHound; 06-23-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: doh...I hate typos!
    **Offices closed until further notice**

Bringing the news to N1 without bias, prejudice or reality.

Please send all questions and comments through your local Presbyter!
    Have you hugged a mod today?

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Have you tried not starting on every new server? Instead you can try sticking to your server like everyone else does?
    People start on new servers to try to get a decent chance. I started a game on 143, and only 15 hours out of beginner protection, I had 3 people scouting me followed by 2 x 100k attacks inbound.

The people who spend money or win cents off the wheel have a HUGE advantage on newer Age I servers because of the medal nerfing. If the medals were still obtainable like older Age I servers, I could've gotten up to Baronet or Baron and had 3-4 simultaneous researches going on before BP was over. The best I could do was 2 simultaneous researches, and then when BP ended, I had to abandon back down to 1 to be able to save my better city due to the 200k troops inbound just 15 hours out of BP.

It has nothing to do with being "lazy" or not understanding the game. It's all about either spending cash or being lucky (winning cents, or being left alone long enough).

I actually agree with TCWNME, you should stick to your previous server, i havent been on a new server since 115. i feel like i should try age II. So na19 is were im going. age I was a great succes, nothing can last forever.

Default Na19

Mods can you open up a section in the forum for this please.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Have you tried not starting on every new server? Instead you can try sticking to your server like everyone else does?
    Dont have a server, monkey. Was a newbie on 84....learned how to really play on 129... formed a team for 144... now I am waiting... been waiting five weeks... most of the team may has given up though. So try a different line... Okay?

Thanks Dawn.

New Allaince On Na19.
    For Noobs And Exp PPl Alike.
    ELITE.
    MSG Me To Join

o yea and btw will be starting up KGB on 144 so mail me if ur interested in joining we will be in Bohemia

Staff Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LolRk8 View Post
    LMAO BASED on demand, have you not seen the 144 Thread? Wow, this is stupid.
    Forum threads are not indicators of demand. Servers need thousands of players, not just a few dozen who reply to a thread. Demand is indicated by the number of players on the servers and right now there aren't enough to justify opening a new server. We will be opening new Age I servers as demand (indicated by actual player statistics, not threads) calls for.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoozeHound the NewsHound View Post
    sooooo......

all new players are directed to Age II, so I guess that whole 'opening servers on demand' is a nice way to say, 'no, we are abandoning Age I'.

It's only been 3 and a half months (almost the same amount of time my old server 8 existed before being merged) since Age II was announced to be out of beta and we would be transitioning to Age II, and since then all we have heard regarding that magical thing is...

I think its safe to say Evony is writing off Age I as a giant beta for their Age II/Facebook game. They really had a good thing going, to bad they managed to screw everything up this spring. I, frankly, have run out of patience with the complete lack of communication from Evony regarding Age I. Its been 'we're working on it' since the beginning of April, and apparently that's all Dawnseeker, Valkirah, et al are allowed to say. I really liked this game, and I liked Age II the few times I played it, but the fact is, it requires updates, and communication regarding the updates. We were told one thing from October til March regarding Age II, then, Evony changed their mind, which is fine, but they have done, or TOLD us anything since then. Now I see another Age II server opening up, but still NO word on Age I.

Oh well, once again, congratulations to Evony for creating a thriving online game community,and killing it, all within a year.
    Our goal is to continue to improve Age II to bring it more in line with what Age I players will want to play while still maintaining Facebook connectivity that increases player interaction and gives us much more design freedom.

We fully intend to allow all Age I players to copy their accounts to Age II, but after the outcry the last time we had it on the agenda, we're not going to do it again until we are confident that most Age I players will want it. We're not going to rush into it, and many of the people who are now demanding an immediate account transfer to Age II are the same people who were decrying our plans to do so a few months ago.

In short, we'll allow transfers when we're ready.

As for development, we are continuing to fix bugs and any other errors but we're not actively developing new content for Age I. Most of our development efforts are focused on Age II, or other things at this point and while some of those improvements could very well make it into Age I, that is not the primary focus of our efforts.

Our goal is to improve Age II to the point where everyone will want to play it, not simultaneously split development between similar games.

If you consider this to be silence or lack of communication, then I'm sorry, but I think we've been quite clear on this point.
    Legendary Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    We fully intend to allow all Age I players to copy their accounts to Age II, but after the outcry the last time we had it on the agenda, we're not going to do it again until we are confident that most Age I players will want it.
    You are aware that hero compensation will be a large part of that, right? With the way gear materials drop now (none reported from attacks, only from the wheel or through cents), those of us with "top heroes" on Age I will most certainly not have top heroes on Age II, or if we do, only until people start the money drops. At best a transfer would seem to only get me level 3 or maybe level 4 gear, based on the prior comp pack. That's just not going to cut it.

Edit: I just went back and looked at the comp pack. Interesting that though it's a LVL 4 comp, it wouldn't even get everything up to level 3 for me. That's definitely not going to cut it.

All of us rational folks know you need to make money. Where we're disagreeing with you is how much money you're asking for and the steep difference between someone that's spent money and someone that hasn't. Also, I've already spent money in the past, but yet for me to succeed post-transfer, you want more money from me so that I can get to around somewhere of less-than half of where I was on Age I????

We're trying to tell you that you're pricing yourself out of the market...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 06-24-2010 at 03:59 AM.