Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTEL/ATT HERO - effect on att/def

Default INTEL/ATT HERO - effect on att/def

HERO INTEL

I have seen a few threads on this forum about how a heroes intel stats give a boost to effective life points, thus boosting defence...i wasnt too sure about this but better minds than my own said it was so.
    I have run a few tests with an alliance member from SS3 (Erme)....this is what we found.

~ All attacks took place in valleys..using a two different defending heroes with the same att level, but one with low intel and the other with higher intel.

~ The attacking hero used was the same each time....with an att level around (not exact) the same as the defending hero (within 10-15 points).

~ Both accounts have all techs maxed out.

Heroes used

Name -----ATT---INTEL----POL

Lowint---- 125-----8-----41

Highint--- 125-----49-----35

110ATT--- 110-----46-----40

Test 1: Archer/layers vs Archer/layers

Low intel (defend)

Test 1 pt2

High intel (defend)

As we can see..with the higher intel hero defending 1 less troop was killed, this dont seem so great...but remember the intel of the hero used is not high enough to give maximum benefit to the archers...to get the maximum boost requires higher intel level?

Test 2: Cavalry vs swords

Low intel (defend)

Test 2 pt2

High intel (defend)

Again we see that with higher intel...less swords were killed...scale these numbers up into the thousands and thats not bad.

Test 3: Archers/layers vs swords

Low intel (defend)

Test 3 pt2

High intel (defend)

Now we see things got interesting...alot more swords survive under the higher intel hero...i think this is because the maximum level of intel that effects the swords is 50?...and the hero here had 49 (also tried after adding another point to raise to 50...effect was the same)

Im not 100% sure but i think there is a differnce between 49/50...it just didnt effect how many died...but perhaps the overall life of the swords that are left at the end of the round when using the 50 intel would be higher???

Attacking with higher intel heroes

After we had finished that round of tests, i wished to see if the intel boost came into effect when youre attacking.

Low intel (attack)

High intel (attack)

Again i believe the effect here isnt great because the intel is too low to really help the archers...but it does have effect all the same.
    It does show that intel helps when attacking also.

What did i learn from this...well for starters, all the guys such as thieryd/Naems etc on the forum are correct (sorry for being skeptical)

And most of all...when hero hunting...look for a low level hero with high att and over 50 intel

Hope this helped some...if anyone here spots any mistakes ive made...pease point them out.

P.S~ If my spelling and grammar sucks...it is late here....and i am no english teacher.
    Last edited by SSHAZE; 06-27-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: DcJerboa reply

Hmm well i think you should add higher numbers (of both army sides), and try comparing it to attack heroes before making quick assumptions. either then that good job?

Thanks for the sig Morgan

What I think is important is to state the positive effects of intelligence in battle, vs. a higher attack. My main attack hero has 66 intel. I've read that 50 intel is good to have as it can provide a defensive boost against swordsman, or something to that effect. However, the next defensive boost specific to a unit is so high that it would be a waste increasing my intelligence further, to the detriment of the attack. I also read that the respective advantage of intel compared to attack, to an attacking hero, is approximately 1:10. So why add a point to intel, instead of a point to attack which has 10x the effect. So before advising people to increase their intel stat, I'd investigate the respective advantage of 1 point to attack vs 1 point to intel. An interesting post though for sure. Thanks for the work, and for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by DCJerboa View Post
    What I think is important is to state the positive effects of intelligence in battle, vs. a higher attack. My main attack hero has 66 intel. I've read that 50 intel is good to have as it can provide a defensive boost against swordsman, or something to that effect. However, the next defensive boost specific to a unit is so high that it would be a waste increasing my intelligence further, to the detriment of the attack. I also read that the respective advantage of intel compared to attack, to an attacking hero, is approximately 1:10. So why add a point to intel, instead of a point to attack which has 10x the effect. So before advising people to increase their intel stat, I'd investigate the respective advantage of 1 point to attack vs 1 point to intel. An interesting post though for sure. Thanks for the work, and for sharing.

Well when you have 1000 attack and only 40 intellegence, you may want to put some pts in int. Attack overkill lets say may be a waste. This also should be a consideration, when you are deciding which hero to use to defend or attack and not where to put the attribute pts.

DcJerboa, yeah i agree...i would not water down my main attack hero to add points to intel...true also that is shouldnt advise people to...i will edit that now.

But i do think that having points on intel can be an advantage at certain times...like you say 50 for swords...would help someone in defence that keeps mass swords?...and maybe when using a compact defence?

Maybe should of said...when hero hunting..find heroes with base intel over 50?

Thnx for your replies

Default intel cap

Quote Originally Posted by DCJerboa View Post
    I've read that 50 intel is good to have as it can provide a defensive boost against swordsman, or something to that effect. However, the next defensive boost specific to a unit is so high that it would be a waste increasing my intelligence further, to the detriment of the attack.

I thought this also..that intel had to be a specific level to effect each unit....say 50 for swords...184? for pikes....but after seeing the above reports...49 intel had effect on archers...not a great one but still it did effect things.
    These numbers 50/184 i believe are the capped limits..when higher intel will no longer help the unit...but any added intel below the cap limit will help some?..as seen with the archers and swords using the 49 intel hero.

But DCJ correct...att matters far more...taking the enemy troops life away faster is more useful.....but if u can find heroes with the high intel/att....it may just be worth it....every little helps.

canada, earth, the solar system, the milky way galaxy, the universe. aka C.E.S.M.U

well i just found a hero with base 65 attack and intel and am now planning on training it.... i wonder how much intell could possibly affect the amount of archers lost on a level 10? could be something else to test.
    Rep me if I helped or if you're bored and want to rep someone.

Here's something I was about to add to another thread but here seems a good place too.

Chart comparing the benefits of adding 1, 10 and 100 points to Attack and Intelligence, Int column shows gain in effective life.

Notes: The starting point is 50 Intelligence. The more Intelligence your hero has the more benefit each point of increase gives him, whereas Attack is always a flat increase.
    Techs are assumed to be level 10 which means that both swordsmen and cataphract already have maximum defence. For the curious, increasing Intelligence from 49 to 50 would increase swordsman's effective life by 5.2.
    Ranged damage is at 50% effectiveness, double the number to give 100% damage.
    * defence has reached maximum, no further benefit.
    Last edited by Birtles; 06-27-2010 at 07:12 PM.

For future heroes it makes sense to look for one with a better attack and relatively high int but I'm not about to stop taking points away from attack to increase int.

Very interesting stuff.. good work Sshaze.

Cheers velk....lol...didnt take u long to find this thread mate