Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conquering lvl 12 Historic City with reports (pike/cav/rams)

Default Conquering lvl 12 Historic City with reports (pike/cav/rams)

Well here is my lvl 12 takeover with pike/cav/rams spawn. (note: it has been tested that against this set up u cant break through in the first attack to tradefire with defensive archers)

Preparation:

- 3 cities near the lvl 12 (2 at 1mile, 1 at 1.4mile)
    - Approximately 1.2M achers and 1.3M warrs. (also 10k of each pike and sword as well as some scouts)
    - 30 H-Heroes (yes, H-Heroes ) at atleast lvl 50, and 1 top H-Hero at lvl 147 (Aretes)
    - Gears are all at lvl 5 (except rings and charms at lvl 7) with star rating of 7/8
    - Mount at lvl 5
    - 120k arch and 300k warr in 2 spam cities, the rest are in the main city.
    - Excal on top hero/Warhorn/Corselet/Penicilin/1% speed and hitpoint buff from FB
    - All H-Heroes, except for 1-3 top heroes, are equipped with INT gears

Main City

Spam Cities

Actions:

- From spam cities, sent 4k x 40 warrbombs to clear the traps/logs/trebs
    - From main city, sent 4k x 7 warrbombs with 1 full attack behind it

then resend Aretes

^ i panicked a bit it should be a sword/warr layers.... (i messed up lol)
    again resent Aretes

^ almost there

^ finally broken through...

after this just need to send loyalty waves but dont forget to spearhead them

Aftermath:

I was like so Jizzed... i forgot to take the announcement screenshot lol... thanks to Woldere for capturing this screenshot

and total losses is approximately 440k arch and 310k warr + the other layerin units

special thanks to Woldere for his personal help and his awesome guide
    Last edited by zzaim298; 06-30-2010 at 04:02 PM.

i've managed to waste 2 sec of ur life with this sig ~
    omg thar~ pedobear coming

H-Heroes: 65
    H-City: 1

Nice last pic

Congrats and don't get the thread down even if you get hatemail.

Congrats, that was a fairly effective first take-over of a 12. A couple of things you might want to tweak.

Workers layer in most situations against pike-cav-ram. Adding both worker and ram sometimes acts as a double layer. At a minimum in all waves prior to clearing archers, adding workers means one round that the defending archers aren't shooting at your own archers, so the potential benefit to your damage per battle is significant.

Normally warrior+sword as a combo would not effectively layer against the advancing warriors, but note that your first fight after clearing the arch went 11 rounds. I keep getting reports like this too, which suggest that the point at which the AT cannot effectively clear the sword (or even pike) layer in a single round is fairly low. I'm going to keep playing with the size of these layers myself and see if I can decide an optimal size. Obviously one more round of 50% (or even 100%) damage from the archers is much more valuable than the combined damage of 1-2k additional arch over several rounds, which may be all it takes.

Well played sir.

In your second spearhead your archers failed to one shot 38k pike. Hellfire's calc shows 120 archers killing 112k pike per round at 100%. Your shot was at 50% so should have killed 55k ish. 17/55=31% so we're seeing >30% fewer kills then most calc are predicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot99 View Post
    Well played sir.

In your second spearhead your archers failed to one shot 38k pike. Hellfire's calc shows 120 archers killing 112k pike per round at 100%. Your shot was at 50% so should have killed 55k ish. 17/55=31% so we're seeing >30% fewer kills then most calc are predicting.
    I scout bombed (100K) a LVL12 with a 400 attack hero and only killed 17K warriors. Go figure :P

Nice H-heroes flaunting btw Zaim :P

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    Nice H-heroes flaunting btw Zaim :P
    ahaha well since my Guide on H-hero thread was asked to be put down, i decided to take the opportunity to flaunt it here

i've managed to waste 2 sec of ur life with this sig ~
    omg thar~ pedobear coming

H-Heroes: 65
    H-City: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    I scout bombed (100K) a LVL12 with a 400 attack hero and only killed 17K warriors. Go figure :P
    Phrats are already defense capped right? (age2?) An easy experiment would be to see how many phrats 20k warriors kill. Defending hero intel shouldn't matter so if the number matches the calculators it's an intel thing. If you kill significantly less its just a straight up damage reduction vs lvl 12+ npcs. The only thing to keep in mind would be how many warriors actually survived traps/logs/dt to hit the phrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot99 View Post
    Phrats are already defense capped right? (age2?) An easy experiment would be to see how many phrats 20k warriors kill. Defending hero intel shouldn't matter so if the number matches the calculators it's an intel thing. If you kill significantly less its just a straight up damage reduction vs lvl 12+ npcs. The only thing to keep in mind would be how many warriors actually survived traps/logs/dt to hit the phrats.
    My very first hit against NPC 12s was against a phract. I ran the math after the battle, based on the outcome. This is also a straight up calculation. Basically, the hero performed at roughly 50% of their actual Attack.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, and so I'll spell out what I'm toying with:

If you look at damage done per unit type, you get all kinds of different percentages. There may very well be a flat kind of DR applied to a level 12, but it isn't the only thing going on.

Another recent thread in this forum suggests that INT works differently from age 1, and rather than raising defense, adds a fixed amount of life to each unit. If the defending hero at a 12 has a lot of INT, then this potentially accounts for the discrepancy in the performance against the different unit types. Unfortunately, each unit needs in excess of 300 additional life points to make the damages work out,but I finally got one set of battle reports to work out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any of my level 14 reports to work out with the same numbers and I haven't applied it to any of my level 12 reports.

Also toying with the idea that the enemy units are getting an extra 10% bonus to life/defense from level of the historic city. We saw another decrease in damage when hitting the 14 compared to the 12, so this is a plausible explanation.

Maybe one day I'll collect all my reports, and try to get all the math to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by X~Calibur View Post
    We saw another decrease in damage when hitting the 14 compared to the 12, so this is a plausible explanation.
    confirmed. I have experienced this on 2 occasions (actual attacking and scout bomb experiment). There has to be an explanation for it. IW14 and MED14 could be an explanation :P