Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "MUST SEE" movies

Do The Right Thing - '89

And if you all are going to throw in your fav war movies, I'll throw in the obligatory Western...

The Hired Hand - '71

btw: if a duplicate post appears several hours later it's 'cause I accidentally put an image in as a link.
    Last edited by rasterbee; 07-04-2010 at 01:16 AM.

canada, earth, the solar system, the milky way galaxy, the universe. aka C.E.S.M.U

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post

I am not sure I have ever seen a movie so built like a crescendo as We Were Soldiers. To me, it has become not just a war movie, but the war movie.

The way the tension builds, from non-existent to higher and higher levels. And to see it culminate in a scene that is forever burned in my mind (Barry Pepper's character having just deposited a horribly burned fellow soldier to an evacuation chopper, falls to his knees as he is taken away... "Tell my wife I love her... and my baby..."), is a remarkable cinematic achievement.
    .i was about 10 (im currently 14) when i first watched We Were Soldiers and thought it was amazing. Mel Gibson was great in the movie and i dont think any other actor would have played his the role better. He was also great in Braveheart, which i believe is a must see movie.
    Last edited by jambob; 07-04-2010 at 01:54 AM.
    Rep me if I helped or if you're bored and want to rep someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post
    This is a thread I might come back to often, both to post and read. + rep Rota!

I am not sure I have ever seen a movie so built like a crescendo as We Were Soldiers. To me, it has become not just a war movie, but the war movie.

The way the tension builds, from non-existent to higher and higher levels. And to see it culminate in a scene that is forever burned in my mind (Barry Pepper's character having just deposited a horribly burned fellow soldier to an evacuation chopper, falls to his knees as he is taken away... "Tell my wife I love her... and my baby..."), is a remarkable cinematic achievement.
    Just agreeing with this statement, this is by far my fave war movie with saving private ryan at a close second. The part that always gets me is when the copters are coming in slow motion, it really brings out how shy war is. By far my fave movie, thanks for bringing it up

Hope I helped! ^.^
    Click here to learn how to post proper posts

Out of town at the moment, and without internet access

I second ( or is that third?) Saving Private Ryan as a must-see.
    "I'm not crazy, OK? I'm totally, completely sane.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go blow up this dead body."
    Agent Washington, Red vs Blue

Default The Last Airbender

The movie came out in 1 July 2010 (USA). Its a written and directed by M.

Night Shyamalan. The story follows the adventures of Aang, a young successor

to a long line of Avatars, who must put his childhood ways aside and stop the

Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations. Anyways.... go

watch it yourself. Hehehe
    WN4 - Drago0 - FRIEND19
    We are Anonymous. We are Legion. United as ONE.
    Divided by zero. We do not forgive.
    We do not forget. Expect us!!

Two movies from the 80's that aren't well known but I find to be hilarious. Both probably available at Netflix.

Warning Sign.. genetic engineering gone wrong, lots of good laugh lines

Jekyll and Hyde Together Again..Probably one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Altho you probably had to be part of the 80's drug culture to really understand how damn funny it is.

canada, earth, the solar system, the milky way galaxy, the universe. aka C.E.S.M.U

Quote Originally Posted by ~Drago~ View Post

i havent watched it, but i think the cartoon series is probably better.
    Rep me if I helped or if you're bored and want to rep someone.

Here's my pick for must-see drug movie. Super low-budget, super amazing soundtrack.

Scrapple - '98

Quote Originally Posted by ~Drago~ View Post

Bish plz. Live action movies based on animated cartoon series always fail. An example of this is Dragonball....

The Believer (2001)
    Directed by Henry Bean

A young Jewish man (Ryan Gosling) develops a fiercely anti-Semitic worldview. His influential way with words and speeches has earned him high regard amongst the underground Nazi-movements in New York City. He has the ability to attract the right kind of attention to get where he wants to go; if Hitler had a reincarnation, this just might be it.

Jewish self-hatred is an interesting foundation for a film, if only because it's a subject never explored by an industry still apologizing for the Holocaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dakhma; 07-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.

"You live your life in wretchedness and death is no escape."
    Carcass - Carneous Cacoffiny