Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Badgers Guide to medal farming AgeII

Default Badgers Guide to medal farming AgeII

It annoys me with all the negative attitude towards medal drop rates.
    There are medals and plenty of them in fact i think AgeII drop rates are Higher than when i played Age1 on s24 & s48

So here you are my guide to you!
    Please stop complaining and start killing stuff this is a WAR game

Please forgive any spelling mistakes as i`m sure i made a few
    Please post your results if i get feed back i may compile other guides

The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...

Yea i did that when i started on na18, got to baronet in one and half day.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBadger View Post
    It annoys me with all the negative attitude towards medal drop rates.
    There are medals and plenty of them in fact i think AgeII drop rates are Higher than when i played Age1 on s24 & s48

So here you are my guide to you!
    Please stop complaining and start killing stuff this is a WAR game
    Your guide doesn't work on at least NA19. It also possibly doesn't work on NA20. The reason the complaints don't make any sense to you is that you're not playing on those servers. Open an account on NA19 and try... You'll find that it won't work, and then suddenly people won't be so "lazy" or "negative".

Yes, NA13 probably does give you more medals than s48...but that's because s48 (or whatever it merged into) is more like NA19...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 07-07-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    Your guide doesn't work on at least NA18 and NA19. It also possibly doesn't work on NA16, NA17, and NA20. The reason the complaints don't make any sense to you is that you're not playing on those servers. Open an account on NA19 and try... You'll find that it won't work, and then suddenly people won't be so "lazy" or "negative".

Yes, NA13 probably does give you more medals than s48...but that's because s48 is more like NA19...
    Sounds Like a challenge and i will start an account once i`ve got top title on NA13
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

Quote Originally Posted by SirBadger View Post
    Sounds Like a challenge and i will start an account once i`ve got top title on NA13
    Forum user "webby189" already did that...and agreed after the test that the medal drop rates on that server were decidedly different. The thread where it was mentioned has been nerfed back to the archives with the forum merge, and I don't feel motivated enough to go recover it.

Also, in what you quoted, I had mentioned other Age II servers, specifically NA18, but the post from Kuupo made me remove the NA18 and other servers part. That said, I think there's still a difference on NA18, to the point that it takes many more attacks to make it to Baronet than it did me on NA1...

Anyway, what is going on is the same thing as what happened with Age I - the early Age II servers have decent drop rates, then the later ones have greatly reduced rates / increased difficulty, in order to encourage people to spend to get the promotions...

Oh, and if you think non-stop spamming of a valley for an hour is the way things should be... then I dunno what to say. It's "a war game", but that's hardly "war". I would define "war" as attacking another player, not spending an hour to get 1 single medal. You do realize that there are medal donation quests that want 60 medals, right? That's 60 hours of non-stop spamming for just that, assuming that the non-stop spamming actually works and gives you the medal that's needed for the donation quest... If that's an "ok" amount of time for you, then you've got more time than I do, and I'm unemployed, so that's no small feat...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 07-07-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Just to add something here. I will agree with Neko that the drop rates are different from NA1 to NA19.

I still endorse this method for getting medals. I was able to get baronet on NA19, using this method, but it did take a while (maybe a week). And I haven't got to baron yet, as I still need 3 more roses.

I can confirm that lvl 5 and 4 npcs drop medals on NA19. I received 3 medals on 3 consectutive hits (on different npcs) earlier today, but, alas, the other 100 or so hits on NPCs so far have yielded no medals.

On a side note, no materials or lost scripts dropped as of yet.

Edit: Neko feel free to mail me in game at NPCKing and I will provide battle reports
    Last edited by webby189; 07-07-2010 at 06:42 PM.

A couple of thoughts. first there's no need to equalise your hero march rate: just send the fastest first, then if you know the next will be slower you can send them sooner. The difference in march times per level of mount, so per ten hero levels, is the same for any distance, so it's easy to remember how much time you need to add. By sending the fastest first you've less time to wait until the attacks arrive.

Second it's quicker to view and abandon levels from the 'Overview'/town hall info screen. When you see the report come in click on 'valleys', view the valley in question (which will be last) and abandon it. You can do this every 10 seconds quite easily, especially as you can do it while the City or Town view is active which at least for me means the game lags less.

Quote Originally Posted by webby189 View Post
    Just to add something here. I will agree with Neko that the drop rates are different from NA1 to NA19.

I still endorse this method for getting medals. I was able to get baronet on NA19, using this method, but it did take a while (maybe a week). And I haven't got to baron yet, as I still need 3 more roses.

I can confirm that lvl 5 and 4 npcs drop medals on NA19. I received 3 medals on 3 consectutive hits (on different npcs) earlier today, but, alas, the other 100 or so hits on NPCs so far have yielded no medals.

On a side note, no materials or lost scripts dropped as of yet.

Edit: Neko feel free to mail me in game at NPCKing and I will provide battle reports
    I'm not that much of a stickler... I just tend to believe large groups of people stating that things are bad a bit sooner than others

This is particularly frustrating to me because the routine response from people that are either on different servers or lucked their way into the medals via the wheel or buying the boxes will almost all start lobbing "you all are lazy" bombs at people...

I can excuse people who don't realize that the servers behave differently, but as for the people who spent money or won their way past the hurdle on the wheel......

It's all a matter of how badly you want it...

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    It's all a matter of how badly you want it...
    oooooo yeah

I made Baron on the 2nd day if you read i state non stop spamming for 60mins gives medals!
    And my alliance and i have noticed they drop in batches nothing for 20-30mins then BINGO 2-3 in a row

Hence i say spam for 60mins non stop lol no coffee breaks just spam!