Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donation of Military Material

Default Donation of Military Material

This needs to be fixed so that you don't LOSE the quests altogether if you decline. Change decline to ignore so that people who want to disable the hugely annoying flashing quest box can, but they won't be cheated out of the quests altogether.

I fail to see how evony profits from this completely useless idea. If you had to pay to get the quests back, it would make sense. The way it is now is just plain incompetence on the part of whoever developed it.

Still waiting for at the very least an indication that this BS is going to be fixed soon.

Did you happen to search for the similar threads about this subject and check to see if theres an official response or consensus?
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

Of course. There is literally not a single occasion where any official has bothered to so much as reply, much less explain if it's going to be fixed or why it's that way to begin with.

If you can find a thread where there's been any kind of response then go for it. It's not going to kill them mods to take 10 seconds to answer, even if they already have. This isn't some minor glitch.

I don't remember an official response. Just wondered since your Original Post was somewhat abrupt? If you had used the search feature and checked for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    I fail to see how evony profits from this completely useless idea.
    If you don't get the rewards and you want/need them it would defiantly increase the chance of those people spending money to compensate for the loss of the quest.

Many people want this changed, But i defiantly see reasons for and against the change.
    Granted you can call me bias because i didn't decline the quest because i searched the forums before clicking the decline button to find any ramifications.
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

There isn't any valid logical reason to keep it that way. It wouldn't be hard to change "decline" to something like "delay". Enough money is being made that a certain level of competence should be guaranteed with the gameplay.

People click decline so that the annoying red quest box stops flashing. I can understand what evony does with the medal quests to make money from people who don't know how to farm medals, but this is just borderline farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    There isn't any valid logical reason to keep it that way.
    I would respond,

If a player who can make only 500 archers a day donates 1 thousand archers then he has made a significant sacrifice to gain a potential reward at the end.

If a player who can make 50,000 archers a day donates 1 thousand archers then he has made a minor sacrifice to gain a potential reward at the end.

Based on that logic, the fact that someone wants to put it off till later indeed increases the benefit/loss ratio of the situation.

Logically the person who made the sacrifice should get the reward.

An alternative would be if you were warned a declined quest was not recoverable and could break a quest chain.

You're refering to the Allied forces quests. Completely irrelevant to what I'm talking about here, which are the resource donation quests.

You didn't address the fact that it makes no sense to have a decline button that simply disables the quests forever. There IS no logical argument for that, period. It needs to be changed to delay quest or removed entirely, and anyone who has declined should be given the option of reactivating if evony wants to be taken seriously by paying customers.

I do pay, and it was an example.

The resource quests are exactly the same, a specific amount of resources.

Those resources seem like allot more to a new player. A advanced player could complete those quests many times a day. Thats were i see the logic that if you don't do it when you first can risking loss is logical.

Its fairly obvious you want something from this quest or it wouldn't be an issue for you.
    And its fairly obvious you made a conscious decision to decline the quest without looking into the ramifications.

I support the adding of a warning, Because many people have suggested this after accidentaly clicking the button, a second warning that had to be manually acknowledged i see potential benefit to.

But to make it so you could ignore it for as long as you want then get the rewards, the same ones that other people scratched around in there first weeks to earn, Just seems wrong.

Another idea would be if you could ignore it but the tributes scaled with your production, so no matter when you decided to click it it would always be worth that extra work.

Do you understand what im saying?

Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    I do pay, and it was an example.
    Another idea would be if you could ignore it but the tributes scaled with your production, so no matter when you decided to click it it would always be worth that extra work.
    The amount should remain the same regardless, and I see why certain people would get butthurt if they cashed the quests in early to get into a good alliance, and smarter people waited until it was less damaging to progress.

The decline to make them forever unavailable is flat out wrong though. If an ignore option is unacceptable, then fine, but the decline has got to go. Even a warning with password confirmation would be a start, and VERY easy to implement.