Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Cash Server

Default No Cash Server

How about a new server where there is no way to purchase game coins? Make the wheel a little more rewarding, medals a little easier to obtain, but no purchasing game coins. Keep the field completely level. It would be interesting to see. The hard core evony players would be rewarded for playing TIME not spending power. I know Evony needs money for the game and servers, but 1 that is safe from players spending insane amounts to have an advantage would be great. There are TONS of servers where players are buying coins, how about a couple where that is not an option?

While one may say "Great idea!". One would actually be thinking this:

""

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

People should pay a certain amount to enter this server... then inGame there will be no insane coining that will give huge advantages. Equal playing field for everyone (except multi-accounting and glitch/bug abusing)

But... I doubt that many people will join this server.

Oh! So you mean a server that would say charge everyone say 9.95 or 14.95 a month to every player like all mmo do. And then have an amulet like we do now that like the current wheel randomly dishes out say random amounts from like 100 to 200 cents or maybe every player can just get a daily stipend of like 100 cents? And even if there are dual account cheaters Evony still gets paid?

Or even better. They cannot take pre paid credit cards so people paying for their acconts like "John Doe" would have to somehow use different credits card with different names and billing addresses???

If you do not pay. Your rank and name get saved to a database but your cities get cleared from the map.

Here are the down sides.
    I do not know how many players they can put on a server. And if half the players decide NOT to renew? Server is now in the red for the bottom line costs. Where as one player on the servers now more than pays for that server.

We do not know the costs that the evony team have. So we can only speculate that it is 5 guys in a basement somewhere who are smoking by rolling their tabacco with 100 dollar bills. They may also have full time jobs so they can have health insurance for their families. Or they rely purely on their Evony profits. Do the forum mods even get paid? Do the use outside tech guys and rent servers or do they buy all the equipment?

I do not want to know to be honest. If they make so much that they can smoke 100 dollar bills AND provide a FREE game to the community. Then.I say, Congrats. They found a path in this money greedy world and THANK YOU for offering that path to others for FREE.

Kaiya

P.S. Thank you for age II where a none power gamer can play build up and not have my cities razed to the ground.

Mods do not work for Evony. And the idea of a subscription server has been proposed and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

To the OP: If a server like this exists, it would lure people in ... and then what would become of the other servers where you're allowed to spend? So, no, I don't support this idea.

Also, contrary to popular belief, not all "hardcore Evony players" are non-spenders. I've seen and met a lot more spenders who are much, much more "hardcore" than the non-spenders I've known. It's an advantage, but not an unfair one.

Let's just be thankful Evony isn't forcing us to pay a monthly fee to be able to enjoy this game, shall we?

@Kaiya: Forum mods aren't paid (like what TC said). If we were ... hell, I'd ban TC this minute and take his salary for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwings View Post
    @Kaiya: Forum mods aren't paid (like what TC said). If we were ... hell, I'd ban TC this minute and take his salary for myself!
    What?!?!??! You put up with us for free? Next time you go to the pub. I am buying the next round! I am sure I can find a way to write that off as a "charity donation" so I can put more money into Evony.

Kaiya

Evony needs to offer deals like the happy chests in order to stay afloat if they didnt there'd be no more evony. Having a server where you dont have to pay but still have an equal advantage to be succesful would be rather counter productive to them. But like Raven said, there are plenty of non spenders out there who are great players. To me it's not the fancy items that give you an advantage in evony, it's having an army and knowing what to do with it A player with 500k 500k scouts and 100k phracts archers and a complete understanding of battle mechanics is way more lethal then the player who spent a lot to get heros to build up an army of millions of everything in their cities and has no idea how to use them
    Last edited by Lazzzzzzzzalicious!; 07-14-2010 at 01:11 PM.

I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, or paid a tech to install the game on it, or paid a systems admin to maintain it. It was kind of a fail all the way around.

When the game no longer costs us anything at all to create or maintain, we'll find a way to let you play it and never ever ever be able to spend a cent. Until then, we'll provide a way for players to spend if they choose and we'll be grateful as they help us cover costs.

And on the sixth day. She turned and gazed upon the heavens above in awe. Then a voice boomed down from above, speaking just two words. "Past Due" and suddenly. The universe went dark.