Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No more farming for food

Default No more farming for food

Ok. Everybody seems to be having an issue with the removal of npcs: 1 side (Evony) says farming of npcs to produce massive armies was never the intended outcome of gameplay, the other side (most players) says that they can't be expected to kill enemies without said massive armies, hence the need to farm npcs.

So here's my idea: What if our armies didn't cost food to maintain, only to create. What if they just cost a significantly larger number of resources to produce or something. This way, players could farm lvl 10 valleys to get both their resources and their medals, and not worry about refuge if they didn't feel like devoting every free moment of their lives to farming. They could build their armies on their own time and use them on their own time. And people would still need to farm npcs, but only to level up their heroes...hence there would be a significantly reduced number of player-created npcs.

And what if, to protect the smaller, less active players from bullies, prestige was based on troop production and you could only attack players within a certain range of your own prestige, which would mean that at least at some point they had relatively similar troop counts. This would also keep people from doing lame prestige runs or dumps, or saying that prestige didn't matter, and would keep the little noobie players from quitting the game before ever getting a chance to learn how to play.
    And, no offense, but I just don't understand the draw that some "experienced" players have toward attacking little noobies. If you already know the outcome of the battle, and there's no challenge, where's the fun in that? So, for me anyway, I don't really see the limitation on who you can attack as a limitation at all. Have I attacked little noobies? Yes, but only because I needed to clear them from my npc fields. Therefore, if I have no need for npc fields, I have no need to be attacking them, do I?

Honestly, the hands-down #1 reason I have seen experienced players leave the game is because they get tired of farming. And the #1 reason noobies leave the game is because they get tired of BEING farmed.

Maybe this idea has a lot of holes, but I think it's at least something in the way of not just complaining about the issue, but providing a solution that all parties can agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I hope with all my heart you are not stupid enough to believe the nonsense your spewing with your fingertips via keyboard.
    I tell people they do well when they do well. It's not my fault people are stupid.

Yeh it removes a major strategic part of the game, but maybe if they increase the food cost of making troops, travel costs... etc (through on ageII travel costs are insanely more then ageI lol)
    But i have been rubbing with the same idea you are suggesting, through i think its an unlikely thing.
    In ageII with the fb click Help no more, after clicking 20 of them you would actually have 0% upkeep (this was a challenge to get). Now something happened and upkeep is back, so people are running around with -90mill food hehe and in age 2 we cant farm people lol ^_^
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

My House. On Earth. In The Universe. See you when you get here. Bye.

Mira, i can't agree more. This would be so, SO helpful, but there would NEED to be some limit on army size. Players would build larger and larger armies with this idea, and eventually, people would be unbeatable. The only limitation on army size right now is amount of food farmable, is 3 npc's are farmable with only one slot, and one hero, and one army. With all L10 Rallies and Feast Halls, and 10 cities, thats 300 npc hits a day. But, since (most) people can't spend all day on evony, and, prefer to actually use their troops not just to feed themselves, can't use that many hits a day. Overall, this would result in skyrocketing army size. I like the idea, and if worked on and changed accordingly (as in not so Evony can make more money, but so its practical), it could create a whole new Evony. Seriously.
    S148- DeadKnight, SCORPION
    Pres- 614k right now but growing to fast for me to keep track of. Not that it matters anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    Needs more cowbell
    <17:40>[MaximusI]: ELITES is recruiting, I could tell you we're going to rule Evony but that would be a lie chances are we get our cans kicked but well have fun doing it

Quote Originally Posted by DeadKnightS2 View Post
    Mira, i can't agree more. This would be so, SO helpful, but there would NEED to be some limit on army size. Players would build larger and larger armies with this idea, and eventually, people would be unbeatable.
    I agree...and I've been thinking about that too. What if, after X amount of days of either not attacking another player or defending with your troops, you lost a portion of them to refuge? This would encourage players to be more active in pvp instead of just being farmers. Granted, it would be difficult to call defending against or attacking with the infamous 24hour wagon attack a true defense/attack, but still...

And it seems like this would also solve the problem of what I like to call "fluffy" alliances, where 15 people do the work while the other 85 hide behind them and call themselves "support" without actually doing any supporting--heh, can you tell I don't like big alliances??

EDIT: I inserted X amount of days because I'm kinda thinking it would work best on a graduated scale (like U.S. income tax, lol). Like, the more troops you have, the less time you have to use them in battle before refuge. For instance, player A has 10,000,000 troops and has 1 week to use them before refuge, while player B has 1,000,000 and has 2 weeks to use them, and little noobie player C (who is just struggling to figure out how 1 mill troops is even possible) has 100,000 and an unlimited amount of time to use them.
    Last edited by MiraLicious; 07-14-2010 at 06:37 PM.

I hope with all my heart you are not stupid enough to believe the nonsense your spewing with your fingertips via keyboard.
    I tell people they do well when they do well. It's not my fault people are stupid.

Great suggestions, Mira
    ./\_/\
    ( o_o )This is Stoned Kitteh. He Wishes that kitty and bunny would stop fighting.
    (")_(")Copy & Paste Stoned Kitteh into your signature to help end the war between kitty and bunny.

I like this suggestion. It would turn Evony into a pvp game, not a version of Farmville as it is now. Sad thing is I seriously doubt that this will ever happen considering that's all Evony is about now. They would have to create a completely new game which I don't think Evony would like because it would waste all of their 'hard-earned' money.
    Last edited by Yohoseph; 07-14-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwings View Post
    They have us injected with a glowy, spotty, multi-colored, unidentifiable substance once in a while (against our will most of the time)...

if you cap armies all you will have is hundred of cities with exactly the same armies. Alliances become useless, there is no more gameplay, etc.

Love it and suggested it before!! so what if players had a bazillion troops in there town they would need a bazilion to take a town anyway. I would also add with less food used daily you should make it harder to get and this would well ballance the game. O YEA BTW if you had a bazillion troops you would be more likly to be offline for longer periods and that= more likely to be attacked by active players. and conquered!

Quote Originally Posted by MiraLicious View Post
    Ok. Everybody seems to be having an issue with the removal of npcs: 1 side (Evony) says farming of npcs to produce massive armies was never the intended outcome of gameplay, the other side (most players) says that they can't be expected to kill enemies without said massive armies, hence the need to farm npcs.

So here's my idea: What if our armies didn't cost food to maintain, only to create. What if they just cost a significantly larger number of resources to produce or something. This way, players could farm lvl 10 valleys to get both their resources and their medals, and not worry about refuge if they didn't feel like devoting every free moment of their lives to farming. They could build their armies on their own time and use them on their own time. And people would still need to farm npcs, but only to level up their heroes...hence there would be a significantly reduced number of player-created npcs.

And what if, to protect the smaller, less active players from bullies, prestige was based on troop production and you could only attack players within a certain range of your own prestige, which would mean that at least at some point they had relatively similar troop counts. This would also keep people from doing lame prestige runs or dumps, or saying that prestige didn't matter, and would keep the little noobie players from quitting the game before ever getting a chance to learn how to play.
    And, no offense, but I just don't understand the draw that some "experienced" players have toward attacking little noobies. If you already know the outcome of the battle, and there's no challenge, where's the fun in that? So, for me anyway, I don't really see the limitation on who you can attack as a limitation at all. Have I attacked little noobies? Yes, but only because I needed to clear them from my npc fields. Therefore, if I have no need for npc fields, I have no need to be attacking them, do I?

Honestly, the hands-down #1 reason I have seen experienced players leave the game is because they get tired of farming. And the #1 reason noobies leave the game is because they get tired of BEING farmed.

Maybe this idea has a lot of holes, but I think it's at least something in the way of not just complaining about the issue, but providing a solution that all parties can agree on.
    That is a very good idea

Quote Originally Posted by MiraLicious View Post
    I agree...and I've been thinking about that too. What if, after X amount of days of either not attacking another player or defending with your troops, you lost a portion of them to refuge? This would encourage players to be more active in pvp instead of just being farmers. Granted, it would be difficult to call defending against or attacking with the infamous 24hour wagon attack a true defense/attack, but still...

And it seems like this would also solve the problem of what I like to call "fluffy" alliances, where 15 people do the work while the other 85 hide behind them and call themselves "support" without actually doing any supporting--heh, can you tell I don't like big alliances??

EDIT: I inserted X amount of days because I'm kinda thinking it would work best on a graduated scale (like U.S. income tax, lol). Like, the more troops you have, the less time you have to use them in battle before refuge. For instance, player A has 10,000,000 troops and has 1 week to use them before refuge, while player B has 1,000,000 and has 2 weeks to use them, and little noobie player C (who is just struggling to figure out how 1 mill troops is even possible) has 100,000 and an unlimited amount of time to use them.
    i had something like this in mind, however, no need for a certain max amount of troops...

id say it would be best if yes, theres no feeding troops and that it would cost much more food to build the troops, however, u will be litterally recruiting troops... now im no expert of the us army way of doing this, but they give every recruit a time in the army... such as 2 years or idk..

anyway, we could do this... recruit a certain amount of troops for a certain amount of time... lets say u want to recruit 10k archers for 1 day, it would cost a little, but if u wanted them for 1 month it would cost way much more...
    or say, they cost the same, but the more time u want them, 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month, it costs more gold.... that will make gold much more valuable

i would say 1 month recruitment would be the most, cuz 2 or more months has people say " well i can keep these troops for a long time, no matter"

and so u dont lose track, if u recruit for 1 week or 1 month, the system will alarm u 24 hours prior the troops contract ends
    Peace-War

If i helped in any way, give me rep and leave comment if u want