Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Chat options "Nation Chat"

  1. #1

    Default Chat options "Nation Chat"

    As we know people join alliances, alliances fight etc, In my current alliance we got in a war over a state and after a couple of weeks of fighting we truced and have formed into a super alliance if you will, with 5 alliances affiliated with it.
    Now running two alliances can be hard enough. and as

    But to the point, im suggesting a "Nation Chat" another chat option for ranked members or all i dont know. of the participating alliances, because in this game communication is becoming a more key component in combat and dimplomacy alike and bad communication can crush an alliance.

    so if alliances could request other alliances to "Join a Nation" and the alliances has chat options. it would make communication alot more effective appossed to sending over 30 mails a day which is the minimum some of the higher ups have to do in the alliance in.

    Discuss pro's/con's/any additional ideas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    It's called Instant Messenger.

    Get one.

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    It's called Instant Messenger.

    Get one.
    Although true, having a new chat channel for this purpose actually being in game would be great, were people could lurk and join in if they want, automatically signed in as the game signs in, no alternative software required.

    Like the idea.

    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=132655

    May be another place to put forward the idea as an alliance managment tool if you get some support here.

    But i bet someone will post soon and say it will cause lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    But i bet someone will post soon and say it will cause lag.
    That's my job, and I haven't done so yet.

    I only say it'll cause lag if I legitimately think it WILL cause lag.

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    That's my job, and I haven't done so yet.

    I only say it'll cause lag if I legitimately think it WILL cause lag.
    Not always you :P plenty of people say everything causes lag. you say things like lagalisious, plus you already posted in this case.

    Still would like this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    585

    Default

    this idea is pretty cool, but it would cause lag

    Hope I helped! ^.^
    Click here to learn how to post proper posts

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cupiditas View Post
    this idea is pretty cool, but it would cause lag
    Told ya someone would say lag eventually :P

    So would you be willing to put up with the lag for a "national" chat channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    criplockin's box
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    Although true, having a new chat channel for this purpose actually being in game would be great, were people could lurk and join in if they want, automatically signed in as the game signs in, no alternative software required.

    Like the idea.

    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=132655

    May be another place to put forward the idea as an alliance managment tool if you get some support here.

    But i bet someone will post soon and say it will cause lag.
    it will cause lag because ... ?
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 07-17-2010 at 01:56 AM.
    You like me, I like rep, You know what to do,
    HIT THEM SCALES
    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Eww, coffee is icky.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    I once drank a cup of WD40, that didn't end so well...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dylo48 View Post
    it will cause lag

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, KS
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    But i bet someone will post soon and say it will cause lag.
    I was already beat the punch on this one...

    My own idea on this was tied to changing the standard on mutli-accounting... (btw, my idea is that multi-accouting would be strictly banned, but that's another question) but the exception to the ban on multi-accounts would be a "diplomat" account.

    In fact, what evony could do is add a title just below civilian... bear with me here.

    So instead of civilian being the lowest title, it would be diplomat, and get this, diplomat would have 0 towns. Yes, 0. They wouldn't exist on the map at all. They wouldn't hold a flat, wouldn't hold valleys, etc. It would be an account that could be added to friendly alliances to either drop in periodically to chat, or be kept there. Any friendly group of alliances could decide for themselves how that would be handled. Diplomats wouldn't get amulets, but instead get a speaker. I figure 1 each day should be enough to send group mails periodically.
    Tiger Brand Coffee is a real treat. Even tigers prefer a cup of it to real meat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •