Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 2 Attack Servers

I am on na21, and yes we have attack and colonize . Most players are colonizing inactives for the buffs to increase medal drops, but attacking to plunder resources and take cities. This feature has made me decide to continue playing Evony. Alliances can no longer declare war and expect to not be damaged in some way. It is what Age 2 has been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Flies View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but Age II already has attack and plunder features. It only applies once a Historical City has been captured by a player though. A player owned Historical City can be attacked, plundered, captured and barbed, just like any city in Age I - although it is much more difficult to do so in Age II.

Because of this, I highly doubt they will ever add attack button to regular cities.
    It's funny when ppl "think" they know what there talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiya Sylvaneste View Post
    In the moderated forums the developers specifically said that if they bring the atk button to A2. That players will have a choice to play A2 servers either A1 style or A2 style on the same servers. Which I think is awesome because it really opens up more strategy. As well as makes gain and losses mean more.
    I hope not, carebears should just have there own servers, I mean really why would ppl playing on the conquest mode want to be on the same server with abunch of carebears, that can hide in plain sight behind carebear mode.... it's common knowlegde that colonizing someone thats a threat to you is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Flies View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but Age II already has attack and plunder features. It only applies once a Historical City has been captured by a player though. A player owned Historical City can be attacked, plundered, captured and barbed, just like any city in Age I - although it is much more difficult to do so in Age II.

Because of this, I highly doubt they will ever add attack button to regular cities.
    Is this guy joking? or is he just commenting on something that he knows nothing about......

Hate to burst your bubble but you don't know what your talking about, maybe if you took a second and read what was posted earlier on the very topic your commenting on you wouldn't make this mistake. OP stated that new servers have the attack option, and this is true. As for you highly doubt they will ever add attack button to regular cities... where you been?... We have already been told that we're getting the option at some point, how long it takes is yet to be seen, but on the newer servers the attack button is for everyone and you can't hide in plain sight in carebear mode which is promising.
    Last edited by Piraal; 07-28-2010 at 07:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Piraal;1332043]I hope not, carebears should just have there own servers, I mean really why would ppl playing on the conquest mode want to be on the same server with abunch of carebears, that can hide in plain sight behind carebear mode.... it's common knowlegde that colonizing someone thats a threat to you is a bad idea.

I have always been an advocate "quietly" until this post. I feel that the Suz should either....

A. Get more then the 10 percent produce tax of a colony.

Or

B. Be able to change the tax amount. Say 10 @ercent like now no penalties.
    15 percent but no pop stealing.
    30 percent no hero stealing.
    40 percent no troop drafting.
    50 percent all the above with a 10 percent chance of losing your colony every hour
    Kaiya
    Academy1 Host
    NA13 Only "Shuriken"
    http://bbs.evony.com/group.php?groupid=1596

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiya Sylvaneste View Post
    10 percent chance of losing your colony every hour
    was that serious? 10% tax is more than enough. one of my cities with like 180k wood income is being taxed for 33k. get 2-3 pure resource cities colonized under your city and you wont think 10% is too little any more.

and the whole 10% chance to lose your city every hour. ya. that would work never.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    was that serious? 10% tax is more than enough. one of my cities with like 180k wood income is being taxed for 33k. get 2-3 pure resource cities colonized under your city and you wont think 10% is too little any more.

and the whole 10% chance to lose your city every hour. ya. that would work never.
    Heres the thing, and I said it earlier in this very topic, i'm not sure if you skipped over what everyone writes or what, If there is a threating city near you... It would be a bad idea to colonize it b/c if it was a threat to you before you made it your colony then you have just put yourself in a position to fight the city's whole alliance, colonizing a threating city is the worst thing you can do your setting yourself up to lose, which makes for alot of stalemates in age2, ppl always playing defence and/or maybe even letting there city get colonized just so they can kill more troops in an uprise with there alliances help.

All that being said 10% is not worth a colony, colonizing someone doesn't mean you won anything beside more fighting, o/c if your colonizing someone thats like 10-50% of your prestige this doesn't apply, but the dumbest thing you could ever do is try and make someon thats just as stong as you your colony b/c the tribute will nvr cover the cost in the losses you take well colonizing a city, or the losses you take in uprises to come. My alliance has been at war with an alliance from day one, we have colonized 95% of there city's and theres no end in sight to the war, it's cost alot more in troops then the tribute has payed and we have been in a stalemate for months... it's pointless....
    Last edited by Swesal; 07-30-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Are you part of Rome Alliance.

If there was a 10% chance you could lose a colony EVERY HOUR, you'd never hold a colony more than a business day. What would be the point?

Someday ya'll are going to realize that in Age 2 only Historic cities matter. And they can be attacked just like Age I. Regular cities only mean something in the early days of a server. Once 12s and 14s start fallin, you only really need 1 or 2 regular cities as battle cities to tele around and attack historics.

Default Attack for earlier Age II servers

It will be good to have the attack option available to the earlier Age II servers soon. It is arguable whether the Colonization feature has been much of a success as a key feature of Age II.

The addition of the Attack option is certainly a step in the right direction as far as retaining and encouraging the transfer of players from Age I to Age II. But for those who have taken the plunge early into Age II and found colonization a damp squib, it makes good sense to give them the option to attack.