Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113

Thread: Age 2 Attack Servers

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    *Tries hard to resist posting in this topic*
    *Fails*

    I think mic scripts still drop once in a while on Age II, so you don't need to spend thousands of dollars getting them. Also, JP, you're the only person I've seen complaining that Age II doesn't need an attack button. The ONLY person. And yes, colonizing IS boring. Maybe not for you but it is for the rest of the general population. The only reason that I'm touching Age II atm is FOR the attack button. Otherwise it goes from a war game to Sim City.

    *Resists the urge to post more*

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Derby, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    7,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    I disagree. In Age II players who play and spend do NOT know the risk of losing any cities they poured money into to build them up. Say someone started Age II from facebook. Well, they have never known conquer. They have never known that someone can take their city unless it is a historical. So they have built up like me and spent money. Now if conquer mode was introduced and it was NOT optional.... we would have a slight problem no wouldn't we?
    It is only a fraction of age 1 players that moved to age 2. The rest would have come from Facebook, and various other advertisements. It may have been the age 1 players that originally asked for an attack option. But it is the age 2 players that have been repeating these requests, and stating there is no point without it. The vast majority of people are in support of it, this is why it is being tested and most likely added.
    And a point everyone is missing is that the last few age 2 servers have been opened with an attack option. You would have to be hiding under a rock not to have heard about it. There is a reason these past few servers have opened so soon, and that is because there are so many players from other servers going there to see what is happening. By the time testing has finished, they will know exactly what is happening, and they will know exactly what to expect. Yet none have complained about it yet which can only be a good thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    No they do not. Not in Age II. Again, new Age II paying players have never known conquer when it comes to other players cities.
    For several months almost everyone has been asking for an attack option. They got the answer that it is definitely being developed and added to the game. Alot of the big spenders have taken this in mind and are making sure they are ready. It is easy enough to say you do not want to lose the money you spent on building your city and that it is not fair on you, but if you get your way, they will complain they have been spending to prepare for this for so long and feel cheated.


    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Ok, well, that is your opinion. Colonizing is not boring for me at all. And you are a Evony forum mod. You should not be "bad mouthing" Age II or Age I. They are both great games and are both different. I prefer Age II and the colonize system.
    Also, if I spend $1k on my city I don't want it captured by some other player who then basically inherits the $1k I put into it.
    And yes, I will go on vacation for 2 weeks or be away from my computer for a day or two and not always able to switch holiday mode on to avoid my cities being captured. So if conquer mode is an option, fantastic. If it is not and it is forced upon me, Huston, we'll have a problem. Because living life and being able to play a game need balance. Age II offers that and now you want to take it away because you are bored? Have you tried to think about others like me who work and have a family and like to play but can't be worried about losing my cities to another player? If I spend $1k on my NON-Historical cities I do NOT want to stay up at all hours worried about protecting them and possibly losing them.
    Do not use my being a moderator to claim I am not allowed to give my opinion. Colonising without being able to attack sucks. With the option to attack it is brilliant!
    You forget that people have lives and play age 1 too. There have never been any problems with them. Most were able to defend what they spent money on, that is the reason they spent money on it. Those that failed to did complain, but in the end they were just venting frustration for what they knew was going to happen. Having experienced how it is on age 2 and being able to compare it to age 1, it is exactly the same. There are few who knew this could happen that will complain when they were the ones asking for it.
    And what you forget is the ways you will be able to stop them from taking your city, even if they are able to clear your troops. It is incredibly easy. Just because you can lose it, does not mean you will. And even if you do, you can just retake it easily. If you are unable to do that, you can easily rebuild it without having to spend. There are so many options it is incredible.


    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Not whining at all. So don't say I am. Try to be more polite as a forum mod. And it is not about someone being better than me. It is about someone else having more time than me. And the way Age II server Na4 is now, I can play when I have time and play at my leisure and not worry about Dennace the Mennace who wants to capture my cities because he can game for 10 hours a day while I can't.
    That was not directed at you. And there are several countermeasures people use to defend against attacks when they are offline even in age 2 when someone tries to colonise them (and not the obvious rule breaking ones). Things will be no different from how they have always been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Ok, well, that is your opinion. Colonizing is not boring for me at all. And you are a Evony forum mod. You should not be "bad mouthing" Age II or Age I.
    While he might be a mod, he is also a player. Someone who can have an opinion. I'm glad that he doesn't toe the company line and expresses what he does and doesn't like about the game. It is refreshing to see. Just because he disagrees with you is no reason for you to talk that way about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Also, if I spend $1k on my city I don't want it captured by some other player who then basically inherits the $1k I put into it.
    And yes, I will go on vacation for 2 weeks or be away from my computer for a day or two and not always able to switch holiday mode on to avoid my cities being captured. So if conquer mode is an option, fantastic. If it is not and it is forced upon me, Huston, we'll have a problem. Because living life and being able to play a game need balance. Age II offers that and now you want to take it away because you are bored? Have you tried to think about others like me who work and have a family and like to play but can't be worried about losing my cities to another player? If I spend $1k on my NON-Historical cities I do NOT want to stay up at all hours worried about protecting them and possibly losing them.
    Everything you like about Age 2 is exactly the opposite of what made Age 1 popular. It is also why there are still Age 1 and 2 servers. Something that Evony never intended on having. They miscalculated the opinions of it's community and made a colossal mistake with Age 2. Now they are in the process of trying to fix that.

    This is a war game and when you play this type of game there are risks. Losing a city is one of them. Spending money and losing cities is another. Spending money is an option not a requirement. Making a defense that since you spent money you shouldn't have to suffer the consequences doesn't hold water either.

    You tried Age 1 and got wiped out and instead of learning from your mistakes you ran to Age 2 and claimed it was the greatest game ever because you can't lose your cities. You advocate playing from a colonized position because you still have yet to properly learn how to play the game. It is why those of us who do have the experience of playing totally disagree with you.

    You have never played Age 1 enough to truly know what made Evony popular in the first place. Now that the attack button is on your doorstep you're the only one screaming foul. My suggestion to you is go find another game that doesn't involve the risks that you are so against. War games are not for you.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    TCWNME, first off I am just gonna say this because it needs to be said and don't take it the wrong way because I am not attacking you.
    If I ran a company and ANY of my representatives, staff or internet moderators publically criticized our products or service, that would have to stop. The criticism would have to be kept behind the doors and not in the public light. Now, if others, say customers, did that, well, that is normal. But staff, company reps and those support and help the company (such as internet moderators) should not criticize.


    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    It is only a fraction of age 1 players that moved to age 2. The rest would have come from Facebook, and various other advertisements. It may have been the age 1 players that originally asked for an attack option. But it is the age 2 players that have been repeating these requests, and stating there is no point without it. The vast majority of people are in support of it, this is why it is being tested and most likely added.
    And a point everyone is missing is that the last few age 2 servers have been opened with an attack option. You would have to be hiding under a rock not to have heard about it. There is a reason these past few servers have opened so soon, and that is because there are so many players from other servers going there to see what is happening. By the time testing has finished, they will know exactly what is happening, and they will know exactly what to expect. Yet none have complained about it yet which can only be a good thing.
    .
    The Age II players asking for the attack button are from Age I who went to Age II. The "vast majority" of people does not mean Age I players who play Age II and post in the forums. I jhave been on the forums for a few months now and have only noticed about ~200 or so regular posters. That is a FAR CRY from a vast majority of players. Even if every single forum poster asked for the attack button it would still only represent a fraction of 1% of Evony players.
    Fantastic, then if players are flocking to it why are the few (under 200) forum members who complain about not being able to attack not moving there? I bet you $100 that the new servers with the attack option will generate the same amout of revenue for Evony than any other server. Just give the new servers some time to mature. We all know that the few die hard Evony players who criticize everything love to jump to new servers. It's an Age I thing....

    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    For several months almost everyone has been asking for an attack option. They got the answer that it is definitely being developed and added to the game. Alot of the big spenders have taken this in mind and are making sure they are ready. It is easy enough to say you do not want to lose the money you spent on building your city and that it is not fair on you, but if you get your way, they will complain they have been spending to prepare for this for so long and feel cheated.
    These are players and spenders from Age I who moved to Age II or are waiting in Age I for the attack option. The same big spenders who have always been big spenders. Not NEW big spenders. Age II has made NEW big spenders like me who do not know Age I very well nor want to.
    And don't say everyone because again, the ~200 forum posters are not everyone. I challenge you to find every forum poster who is asking for the attack button. There will be about ~200. And you will also learn that they were all Age I players at some time.


    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Do not use my being a moderator to claim I am not allowed to give my opinion. Colonising without being able to attack sucks. With the option to attack it is brilliant!
    Because you are from Age I. And no, you cannot publicially voice your opinion based on what I wrote at the top of this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    You forget that people have lives and play age 1 too. There have never been any problems with them. Most were able to defend what they spent money on, that is the reason they spent money on it. Those that failed to did complain, but in the end they were just venting frustration for what they knew was going to happen. Having experienced how it is on age 2 and being able to compare it to age 1, it is exactly the same. There are few who knew this could happen that will complain when they were the ones asking for it.
    And what you forget is the ways you will be able to stop them from taking your city, even if they are able to clear your troops. It is incredibly easy. Just because you can lose it, does not mean you will. And even if you do, you can just retake it easily. If you are unable to do that, you can easily rebuild it without having to spend. There are so many options it is incredible.
    No, you cannot just retake a city that you spent $1k on that has been captured. The player may abandon it just to spite you. No, most working people cannot play Age I in a casual style. It requires constant guard, constant farming, constant attention. Age II with the colonize option is far superior for normal, and I stress normal working people. Are there a few normal working people who can dedicate time to Age I? Yes, because through months or years of playing they have become proficient OR they spend 3-8 hours per day gaming. Something which I cannot do. And yes, I have read forum posts of Pro Age I players arguing that they have normal lives and still find time to game 5+ hours per day. Ok? That is not "normal".


    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    That was not directed at you. And there are several countermeasures people use to defend against attacks when they are offline even in age 2 when someone tries to colonise them (and not the obvious rule breaking ones). Things will be no different from how they have always been.
    Wrong again. In Age II I can close my gates when I am offline and let my city go into supression. No big deal. Then I have 8 hours to prepare, sleep, eat do whatever and not worry about my city being captured. Then come back 8 hours later and fight off the supression.
    In Age I a key strategy is to atack players when you KNOW they are offline. But in Age II you can be offline for 8 hours and not have ANY of your troops die nor your city captured. Far different than Age I.


    Quote Originally Posted by jobu55 View Post
    Everything you like about Age 2 is exactly the opposite of what made Age 1 popular. It is also why there are still Age 1 and 2 servers. Something that Evony never intended on having. They miscalculated the opinions of it's community and made a colossal mistake with Age 2. Now they are in the process of trying to fix that.
    That is a huige ginormous assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by jobu55 View Post
    You tried Age 1 and got wiped out and instead of learning from your mistakes you ran to Age 2 and claimed it was the greatest game ever because you can't lose your cities. You advocate playing from a colonized position because you still have yet to properly learn how to play the game. It is why those of us who do have the experience of playing totally disagree with you.
    Another huge assumption. I went to Age II becuse I would not lose my cities and because I did not like palyers making NPC's all over the map blocking me out. I also did not like the scare tactics "join us or we will level your cities".

    Quote Originally Posted by jobu55 View Post
    You have never played Age 1 enough to truly know what made Evony popular in the first place. Now that the attack button is on your doorstep you're the only one screaming foul. My suggestion to you is go find another game that doesn't involve the risks that you are so against. War games are not for you.
    I am not the only one against the attack option. The only people screaming for it are the die hard Age I players. The second Evony forces all Age II players to play in a "conquer mode" is the same second Evony gets the same customers they always have. And you know what that does? Puts Evony revenue stream right back where it was just before it came out with Age II.
    Age II draws different types of players, like myself. A new market.

    Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    TCWNME, first off I am just gonna say this because it needs to be said and don't take it the wrong way because I am not attacking you.
    If I ran a company and ANY of my representatives, staff or internet moderators publically criticized our products or service, that would have to stop. The criticism would have to be kept behind the doors and not in the public light. Now, if others, say customers, did that, well, that is normal. But staff, company reps and those support and help the company (such as internet moderators) should not criticize.


    Because you are from Age I. And no, you cannot publicially voice your opinion based on what I wrote at the top of this post.
    There's a BIG difference between criticism and bashing the company. He is allowed to criticize. He is NOT however, allowed to bash. Mods are humans, not robots, which means they're perfectly entitled to having an opinion of their own, and state it, unless it bashes the company.

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  6. #36

    Default

    Everyone knows that if age2 stays with the colonize only mode the game is doomed to fail....yes almost everyone is looking forward to the attack button, I can't wait to end like 4 war's that my alliance has been in for the last 2 months, and would have no end if we kept the servers as they are(with no attack button).

    @ japanpimp I'll agree that losing a game sucks, but thats what competitive PvP games are about, theres winners, and losers, and age2 as of right now has no winners, or losers in it, b/c all there is is colonizing button, this makes for a boring PvP game. And everyone that has started the game that didn't come from age1 knows that evony is a PvP game when they started, and if they have a problem with the attack button then evony is not the game for them.

    As far as ppl losing a city they worked to build.......it's a game bro... if you don't like the game design theres plenty of other games out there, and you can even put them on the easiest setting and breeze though them nvr worrying about dieing or losing time and/or items getting back to where you left off.

    Nobody will blaim you, if you quit, after all you have been playing from a colonized position for most of your time on the game, and we all know that once the attack button comes your gonna be one of the biggest targets on your server b/c you have made such a bad name for yourself on these forums. Only reason you don't get attacked more often now with the colonize only button is b/c everyone knows you hide your army on other accounts with gates closed, but when attack button is "back" you won't be able to exploit this. This is why your fighting it so strongly, and we all know this.... you'll have to play the game the way it was intended to be played... and this scare you, b/c the whole time that you have been playing this game revolves around you having zero upkeep, and not worrying about the other accounts your troops are hiding on.

  7. #37

    Default

    current age2 servers are DEADLANDS. every single person has migrated to the new servers, leaving the old servers dead.

    we needa merge and we need a merge fast the game is dead on na7

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piraal View Post
    I'll agree that losing a game sucks, but thats what competitive PvP games are about, theres winners, and losers, and age2 as of right now has no winners, or losers in it, b/c all there is is colonizing button, this makes for a boring PvP game.
    That's how the world is today.

    "Don't worry Jimmy, you're not the loser! You're the 5th winner!!!! Here's your trophey!!!"

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Wrong again. In Age II I can close my gates when I am offline and let my city go into supression. No big deal. Then I have 8 hours to prepare, sleep, eat do whatever and not worry about my city being captured. Then come back 8 hours later and fight off the supression.
    In Age I a key strategy is to atack players when you KNOW they are offline. But in Age II you can be offline for 8 hours and not have ANY of your troops die nor your city captured. Far different than Age I.
    There are defense strategy's for not being conquered well offline in age1&2.... not sure why your trying to argue that there isn't, you ether have no clue how to defend yourself, which makes sense seeing you don't even try, and leave your gates closed...... You talk alot on these forums as if you "know" what your talking about, but the truth as you write out your arguments you show everyone how little you really do know about tactic that ppl have been using as far back as age1.

    I mean really, you just told everyone that your tactic for defending your city is to let it be conquered.... no doubt b/c all your troops are sitting on other accounts with there gates closed so you don't have to pay for upkeep. Heres the thing....most ppl don't exploit multiable accounts to have little to no upkeep like you do, so it goes w/o saying that defending yourself from a 100 or 125k wave, even if it's multiable waves is alot easier to beat then a suppression battle. Saying something like "In Age II I can close my gates when I am offline and let my city go into supression" b/c you are clueless how to defend your city is so amateur it's not even funny. Sad thing is some nub may read that and think it's a good idea.....

    All I'm saying is you shouldn't talk about age1/2 defence strategy when you clearly know little to nothing about defending your city's at all.
    Last edited by Piraal; 08-06-2010 at 01:51 AM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Seriously Japanpimp you say the exact same things over, it doesn't matter if someone argument is correct.

    You will always see every thing as blue.

    Even if it is red, you will keep saying that it is blue, it doesn't matter if there is facts to prove it is Red, everything is still Blue to you.

    Understand what I'm saying, at this point is seems like your posts are aimed to just troll other members, you say you don't like getting flamed or anything but after constant posts like this basically someone responses and you say.

    NO YOUR WRONG I'M RIGHT...

    Honestly is there even any point to any of us replying to any of your threads any more? Because it seems it doesn't matter who reply's you just give them the same crap, and now your giving crap to Moderators and telling Evony that they aren't keeping there mods in check... Now your seriously starting to take this to far.

    Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •