Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attack gone wrong.

Default Attack gone wrong

Posting for Yoel.

If someone can explain what went wrong in this battle, it would be apprecated.

Screenshot:

Original battle report: http://battle128.evony.com/default.h...c9779b9e35.xml

EvonyURL: http://ww.evonyurl.com/09h9pp

Last edited by Quantum Leap; 01-02-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Someone or evony need to explain this. The defender did not even have a hero.

yeah dosnt make any sense the ballistas and Pults shoud have been more than enought to destroy that defence.
    Retired Dacian

yea the player it happen to is DragonK in server 128. Lately many of the Top Player that are also money players are getting very frustrated with so called glitch, constantly happening. Making the game not enjoyable as it use to be.

Haha, I know the attacker, defender and posters in this thread :P

Ive seen similar attacks though:

I havent finished my testing with AT's to see the various bonus's/penalties they have vs various units.

They seem to only be susceptible to archers (in cases without range setters, cavs can kill them efficiently as well). I expect they have large bonuses against melee units.

Mech units are never the best way to attack AT's though. AT's have HUGE range with the bonus they get from walls, and with the mech units small movement, the AT's have several rounds where they can attack the mech units without being attacked back.

*With my preliminary testing, I would have expected the attack to win, with about 10k pults, the scouts and tports surviving.*

My advice: Use Archers to break AT's if there are range setters, otherwise use cavs (if there are no layers).

Do you know if he had a war horn active? It'll help me determine the damage mods.
    http://capishcapish.webs.com/ForumSigs/Naems-2.gif
    Sig thanks to Ravenwings!
    Retired

Default Yepper

Naem you know Dk has his horn and Corselet on 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwings View Post
    Posting for Yoel.

If someone can explain what went wrong in this battle, it would be apprecated.

Screenshot:

Original battle report: http://battle128.evony.com/default.h...c9779b9e35.xml

EvonyURL: http://ww.evonyurl.com/09h9pp

Just a guess, since with tna (Traps n Abatis) up ranged units attack defending ranged units.

But it's a long shot on that one and it's strange to see since even warrs will kill ATs when tna are up and gates closed.

YES I can hear everyone now pointing out the obvious there are no defending ranged units. Possibly your attackers were targeting the walls?? And this gave the AT's time to one to two round kill most the layers.

I've wondered about this because i sent mechs with xports before timed with SBombs. defender closed gates and if i remember only the pults and xports survived. If I saved the report I'll find it later, can't find it now.

I do know that mechs seem to be far more effective when fighting layers before reaching defending ranged units.

Because I think the only things that set 5k range on mechs are DT's. In that battle tna means range starts at 5.2k for foot troops, but mechs roll past the tna and don't fire till in AT range. That give the AT's one round on each layer to kill most of them.

So that's the reason mechs do better with layers is they have to stop when attacking giving defending archers more rounds to get in range.

I'm sure the guys who do all the testing can get something figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan00 View Post
    Just a guess, since with tna (Traps n Abatis) up ranged units attack defending ranged units.

But it's a long shot on that one and it's strange to see since even warrs will kill ATs when tna are up and gates closed.

YES I can hear everyone now pointing out the obvious there are no defending ranged units. Possibly your attackers were targeting the walls?? And this gave the AT's time to one to two round kill most the layers.

I've wondered about this because i sent mechs with xports before timed with SBombs. defender closed gates and if i remember only the pults and xports survived. If I saved the report I'll find it later, can't find it now.

I do know that mechs seem to be far more effective when fighting layers before reaching defending ranged units.

Because I think the only things that set 5k range on mechs are DT's. In that battle tna means range starts at 5.2k for foot troops, but mechs roll past the tna and don't fire till in AT range. That give the AT's one round on each layer to kill most of them.

So that's the reason mechs do better with layers is they have to stop when attacking giving defending archers more rounds to get in range.

I'm sure the guys who do all the testing can get something figured out.
    Nope like I said Pults and Ballistas could have handled that defence no problem especially since there was no heroe defending.
    Retired Dacian

Seems like an awful lot of troops to be taken down by 15k ATs.

Granted he had 5ks up, but still..

I'll be checking in every now and then don't you worry ;)

Wow that makes no sense at all pults should hav token out the tower esally and it lasted 39rounds should have been alot less thats a major bug

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    It means someone peed on your hero. You should give it a bath.
    <19:4>From [Lagon] : well I reckon you could do with a good ramming and then a total plundering
    <21:50>[Sooner]: i thought the flashing of the boobs would help my cause