Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This new security thing is great, BUT......

Default This new security thing is great, BUT......

Please could you add 'join' or more importantly, 'Quit' Alliance?

(Age1 new security feature as patched in this morning)

We've had two guys who have allegedly been hacked in the last month, and in both cases, they were taken out of our alliance, their heroes were sent to another account (and yes, we do know who has them and will be killing him later today if it isn't resolved ) and then our players were re-applied to us.

The ability to quit an alliance is a far more important security issue than dismissing armies I.M.O....I doubt many people with a decent hero would hesitate to lose their entire army than lose their hero.

Thanks

Great idea! I like the new feature, and I want to see it applied to more things too. I am not sure if it is counted in the dismissing troops, but I also want to see it added to wall defences too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    Please could you add ... 'Quit' Alliance?
    I support this. It'll give a bit more security for people who unfortunately had their accounts compromised.

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Oh This is a Great Idea , you could put even more effect and adding that kicking players from alliances requires the same thing, in case a presbyter + is hacked, would be a good addition as well.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

ill add a bit more to this great idea...............what about having a PW for dissmissing troops too?
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by teatotal View Post
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    Oh This is a Great Idea , you could put even more effect and adding that kicking players from alliances requires the same thing, in case a presbyter + is hacked, would be a good addition as well.
    Yup, that too. And how about resigning and relinquishing the Host position, yeah?

What about when someone declares on another alliance? Would that be useful or annoying? I imagine it could help concerning these people that spam war declarations all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    What about when someone declares on another alliance? Would that be useful or annoying? I imagine it could help concerning these people that spam war declarations all day.
    this would only annoy me, but im a player that either plays alone or finds and alliance that does only pure war, or even starts my own for pure war.........so my opinion on this shouldnt count but i figured id voice it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by teatotal View Post
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

Great idea! I like the new feature, and I want to see it applied to more things too. I am not sure if it is counted in the dismissing troops, but I also want to see it added to wall defences too.
    It does....

To be honest, I'm not bothered about the walls......it could become a major P.I.T.A to have to enter the security code whenever you try and do anything.

Dismissing a hero, great...covered......
    Abandoning cities, also necessary, very much so...
    Tax rate, hmm, not so bothered, although I guess if someone set yours at 100 it could set your city up to be taken easier.
    Restarting account....top priority for sure.....

The biggest single most important thing in game (after your whole account) has to be your uber-hero.......as it is, they cant be dismissed which is fine, but there needs to be a way of them nor being sent to a foe (presumably the 'hacker' ) and the best way I can see of achieving this is to stop that account being taken out of the alliance without the security code......not foolproof, but at least it generates a report that the alliance can see.

In our two cases, the 'hacker' deleted the reports in the account before sending an application to rejoin.

Alledgedly.

It wouldn't stop them though, would it?..they are doing that declaration spamming deliberately

It would stop someone 'hacking' a VH or Host's account and being able to declare on everyone for sure, but has this ever happened?

I'd suggest that a VH or Host getting a bit tipsy and silly and declaring is more likely to happen.

To me at least, the biggest issue about security is to protect your assets.....account, hero, cities, in that order......tax rates, armies and walls are all much less important IMO

EDIT.....And shop spending!!!
    Only just thought of it as I re-read that, but let's say you have a load of coins......they should absolutely be protected by this security code, or some muppet will buy a prinzessin a load of junior medal boxes or something equally useless
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 07-30-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Sorry 'bout that. Had to merge your posts.

Equally useless? Go with Ritual of Pacts --- they're more useless than Junior Batts!