Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charge the Foe! Intercept.

Arrow Charge the Foe! Intercept.

idea is to let your army leave your city and fight the troops adavancing on your city before they get there.
    For Example: Bob sends 100k scouts too attack my city and i dont want them to hit my city so i send out 20k worriors to attack the Scouts he sent. My worriors charge to intercept his attacking scouts kill the scouts and the few that remain return to my city.
    Example 2: bob sends the same 100k scouts to attack my city. i send in 20k worriors to intercept they loose killing 20k scouts, the remaining 80k scouts continue on there way attacking my city so i send another wave to intercept them of 20k becasue they have not reached my city yet. and they finish the job.
    You want something to really put alot into the game add this and you add a whole new lvl to the game.

while this is a very cool idea, i dont thinkg i would like to see it implimented.............. good thought though
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by teatotal View Post
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

This is creative (as I've also thought of this myself lol) but this would ruin the strategy of the game (hence I didn't mention it earlier).

Quit Evony (and Forums) 8/18/2010
    Periodically returns, but spends most of time on reddit.

if each marching army was assigned coordinates that updated based on their speed, when 2 non-allied armies met there would be a battle

If there is an incoming march, why would you ever want to intercept it?
    Sending an intercept force, would be limited to 125,k troops. If you let the march hit your city, then they must face your full army in one battle. By staying home, you get the benefit of wall defenses. You get the benefit of range setters (traps, abatis). Have your alliance mates just reinforce your city, and give their troops these same advantages, rather than intercepting the incoming march in the middle of nowhere.

An intercept sounds like a clever idea, but a smart player would never use it.

edit: I suppose their could be some advantage if the intercepting force used it's "attack" and the intercepted used the "defense" stat. If the attacking march is suddenly considered the defending side of the battle, then that may drastically change the power of the march. For example, defending archers are less than half as powerful as attacking archers. Ballista are three times more powerful when attacking.
    Last edited by Rota; 07-31-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Sending an intercept force, would be limited to 125,k troops. If you let the march hit your city, then they must face your full army in one battle. By staying home, you get the benefit of wall defenses. You get the benefit of range setters (traps, abatis). Have your alliance mates just reinforce your city, and give their troops these same advantages, rather than intercepting the incoming march in the middle of nowhere.

exactly. Also, this would allow you to partially or completely destroy strategic attacks (ie suicides designed to take out layers) meaning a botter/"20-hour-a-day-player" would be INVINCIBLE.

Quit Evony (and Forums) 8/18/2010
    Periodically returns, but spends most of time on reddit.

edit: I suppose their could be some advantage if the intercepting force used it's "attack" and the intercepted used the "defense" stat. If the attacking march is suddenly considered the defending side of the battle, then that may drastically change the power of the march. For example, defending archers are less than half as powerful as attacking archers. Ballista are three times more powerful when attacking.
    and what if it was a scout bomb sent...u had 20k warr, 20k pike, 20k sword and 20k arch in your city...the scouts would hit the arch...taking away a good chunk of your power...so i as a not so smart player would gladly send warr or sword out to defend

Lets say you have a 95karch/1kwork/1kwarrior/1kpike/1ksword wave coming at you, if sent a couple warriors at this incoming attack to clear his rainbow you would be better off than letting the full attack hit your full army at your city.............so and exp player would use this to his advantage, ofc and exp player would try to kill the entire army in a intercept, but you could pikc at his attack to benifit you more.
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

Quote Originally Posted by jayalan77 View Post
    and what if it was a scout bomb sent...u had 20k warr, 20k pike, 20k sword and 20k arch in your city...the scouts would hit the arch...taking away a good chunk of your power...so i as a not so smart player would gladly send warr or sword out to defend
    Scout bombs are a whole other issue.

The scout bomb tactic has destroyed any strategy decisions that used to be in the game. Every war is the same now. Scout bombs to clear, followed by the real attack, then cav waves for the loyalty grind. Scout bombs need to be totally nerfed. Scouts should be used for scouting.

If the intercept option is put in, then you probably won't have time to react to a scout bomb anyway. Pro players will port in close and a scout bomb will have a march time of just a few seconds. Intercepting scouts would help, but it shouldn't have to. Scout bombs should not be as effective as they are, they should not be a legitimate tactic. If Evony is going to do something about scout bombs, then I'd rather have them nerfed. A nerfing of scout bombs would be a solution 24 hours a day, but this intercept solution to scout bombs is only a solution when your online and the enemy is far enough away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Scout bombs are a whole other issue.

The scout bomb tactic has destroyed any strategy decisions that used to be in the game. Every war is the same now. Scout bombs to clear, followed by the real attack, then cav waves for the loyalty grind. Scout bombs need to be totally nerfed. Scouts should be used for scouting.

If the intercept option is put in, then you probably won't have time to react to a scout bomb anyway. Pro players will port in close and a scout bomb will have a march time of just a few seconds. Intercepting scouts would help, but it shouldn't have to. Scout bombs should not be as effective as they are, they should not be a legitimate tactic. If Evony is going to do something about scout bombs, then I'd rather have them nerfed. A nerfing of scout bombs would be a solution 24 hours a day, but this intercept solution to scout bombs is only a solution when your online and the enemy is far enough away.
    i disagree totaly about nerfing the scout bombs........scout bombs are basically only useful during the mid game when most everyone has 100k archers or less in each city............................you mean to tell me that you scoutbomb people with 500k+ archers with scouts to lower their #s, thats very inefficient, at 20k archers killed per 100k scout thats 2.5 mil scouts wasted (not including healing) it is very easy to defend against scout bombs even when offline, i rarely see scout bombs put into attacks other than to lower honor with a small benefit of killing a few archers.................pls explain further how scout bombs ruin any stratagy to this game, maybe i missed your point?