Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate War City

Ill correct this guys thread..................if should be...........
    lvl 10 walls
    lvl 10 rally
    lvl 9 BT
    18-20 barracks (lvl 9 or 10 ofc.)
    6 lvl 10 cotts ((convert a lvl 10 npc for this city) we are going to assume you have a high attack hero and need extra pop for training to keep the rax loaded down)
    lvl 10 FH
    all other buildins dont matter (if i left one out pls let me know)
    at least 100k workers
    at least 2mil warriors
    at least 1 mil arch
    at least 1 mil scouts
    at least 250k pike
    at least 750k swords
    at least 500k cav
    at least 100k phract
    at least 50k trans
    at least 50k listae
    at least 25k rams
    some people dont use scripts on lvl 10 rax so no at least for pults but good to take some with you

also best to use a CD with your war city so depending on how many logs you like to use, max ats
    Last edited by BertandErine; 08-01-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by teatotal View Post
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

Well here is some advice:
    1)10 Barracks (Way to Low, the least a city should have is 15, which would be a full iron city with a market. Also, having these atlvl 10 is not very helpful unless your main unit is pults.)
    2)2 WareHouses(Optional)(If not wants insert cottages.) (Never, these are pointless in really any city and even worse in a war city.)
    3)Forge (This is only needed to build the city, once everything is up replace it with a barracks)
    4)Workshop (This is only needed to build the city, once everything is up replace it with a barracks)
    5)Academy (This is needed of course, but lvl 10 is not. I think level 6 works for a war city, but 9 never hurts. 10 is pointless as privateering is pointless.)
    6)Inn (50/50 on this, a war city needs as many barracks as possible, so just transferring heroes for other cities is normally better.)
    7)Feasting Hall (This is need)
    8)Market (This is like the Inn, it really isn't needed in a war city and can be covered by a nearby city, but if this city is far out or just to make it easy a market can be made.)
    9)Beacon Tower (Needed)
    10)Embassy (Some players say to skip this in a war city, but I still think allied help is very useful.)
    11)Rally Spot (Needed)
    12)Relief Station (Needed)
    13)Stable (This is only needed to build the city, once everything is up replace it with a barracks)
    14)9 Cottages (4 (lvl 9s) for a Lumber city, 10 (lvl 9s) for a Iron City, 4 (lvl 10s) for a food city. The food city should be a lvl 10 NPC so it is covered, but the others are kinda a waste to use an item on all of them.)

-----

Your troop count is kinda low, but can hold off multiple attacks and the ratios aren't bad. However you lack a scout bomb shield for your archers, I would bump the Warriors to over 600k at least.

Your walls also are not that bad, I prefer more ATs, but having a lot of traps can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowned Guard View Post
    14)9 Cottages (4 (lvl 9s) for a Lumber city,
    i feel 4 lvl 9 cotts is not enough pop to keep rax full......thats just the minimum for keeping resource prod. at 100%
    And yes, I'm a beautiful pink princessFeel free to quote me on that like I know you will.
    you should always believe me im a man and as a man i can not lie its actualy impossible ....

Quote Originally Posted by BertandErine View Post
    i feel 4 lvl 9 cotts is not enough pop to keep rax full......thats just the minimum for keeping resource prod. at 100%
    Depends on what your economy is based off. If you have all farms, 4 lv 10 cottages is enough. If you have Sawmills, 5 or 6 lv 10 cottages are enough. If you have an ironmine City, 8 or 9 cottages are enough. If you have a mix of sawmills/ironmines, then 7 cottages are enough. Just depends on what your city looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by BertandErine View Post
    That is true, what I do is use Lumber cities (18,050 pop) for high level troops and my iron cities (45,050 pop) for low level troops.

But if you are going to just use that War to produce, then BertandErine is right and 4 may not be enough.

Depends on what your economy is based off. If you have all farms, 4 lv 10 cottages is enough. If you have Sawmills, 5 or 6 lv 10 cottages are enough. If you have an ironmine City, 8 or 9 cottages are enough. If you have a mix of sawmills/ironmines, then 7 cottages are enough. Just depends on what your city looks like.
    For Sawmills 5 level 10s is overkill for just production.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowned Guard View Post
    That is true, what I do is use Lumber cities (18,050 pop) for high level troops and my iron cities (45,050 pop) for low level troops.
    i hadnt thought to do this b4..................i will implement this into my gaming on evony might let me add a few barracks till my hero gets higher

i had changed it to where it said By 500k prestige u should have this amoiunt of troops.

This isn't "The Ultimate War City" though. It's not even close.

my mother always said if don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness5577 View Post
    Why do you have to roll DM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    He's a big guy, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
    Wow, forgot how crazy DoubleM was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathorn136 View Post
    Well I've been so ridiculously bored lately, but I haven't knifed anybody up yet.

u dont need stable forge workshop etc in ur war city .. INN is a must in a war city coz ull be losing heroes while u spam the enemy if his FH isnt full or he online and keeps dismissing heroes he caps.. and ur war city might be like 400miles away frm ur other city so well u cant move heroes frm ur other cities just for spam waves..

Barrack count should depend on ur heroes attack the higher the attack hero the less the barracks and more cottages.. generally i make enough cottages so that i can queue maximum archers and it takes 3hours in 1 barrack for them to come out..

Farms im not a supporter of them really but upto u i wud rather go lumber or iron..

Troops
    500k archers atleast
    200k cavs
    50k phracts minimum

cavs and phracts u need that much to hit people with high number of defending archers... 500k archers to clear defenders layers if he got high layers and 5k range..

layers if u gonna attack and port then u dont need huge layers 200k of each wud do and 400k odd warriors..

but if u gonna stay there and defend also then u need more layers like 400k-600k swords min and compact defence..

Scouts u can build as many as u want...

Thats my 2 cents..