Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate War City

I think this guy was making a city easy for him to steal under the guise of a 'war city'

Quit Evony (and Forums) 8/18/2010
    Periodically returns, but spends most of time on reddit.

Kinda nooby tbh..

Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowned Guard View Post
    6)Inn (50/50 on this, a war city needs as many barracks as possible, so just transferring heroes for other cities is normally better.)
    inn is a must in a war city. you need random heroes for spaming and mostly importantly, filling up your enemys feasting hall before big hero hits.
    http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7504/sigte.jpg

<16:2>[ikzer]: does this dress make me look fat
    <16:2>[PC]: yes
    <16:2>[PC]: VERY
    <9:58>[SMD]: PC, you're evil

Everything is wrong..Marketplace? Enough said.

Wow...that is the worst war city ever. Even my headquarters is better.
    Na50 --- Shatterstar

Removed by users request
    Last edited by Magaw; 10-25-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magaw View Post
    How is this in guides section?

I see a lot of people including pikemen into there defences, some in CD also.

Anyone got a single decent use for pikemen?, because i cant seem to find one.

There range is greater than swords, but with the easily achievable 50 intel bonos it makes no sense to ever build/maintain a pikeman in my eyes

Warehouses? Don't plan on being looted when u go to war. Also your rainbow heavy with a 5k range defence means that 1-2 archer spears hit you while your sleeping and your rainbow is gone. Not enough transporters in my eyes - you definitely need the loot to balance what you lose in war and to make sure your continually growing
    Pikemen are important because of layers.

Removed by users request
    Last edited by Magaw; 10-25-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Removed by users request

Quote Originally Posted by Magaw View Post
    You say layers, but for a compact defence or 5k defence are pikemen really needed for a moderate/advanced player?

With 5k range defence having 1k warriors 1k workers 1k sword 1k cav 1k pract (200k archers) defending against the normal archer rainbow attack does leaving out the 1k pike make any difference?, not what i have seen

With CD people would include pikemen for layers so that when some one is being hit seriously, the attackers would alternate between trimming there highest value stack, cycling from swords to say pike to say warriors depending on he troop counts.

Now for my angle. Having 42 swords in a compact defence vs having 49 pikemen for the same food upkeep. Now i mentioned this before after reading about intel.

Anyone of my cities running CD has the highest defender with an intel over 50 thus granting the health increase to swords, making them the efficient choice of defence in my eyes. With an existing layer of 700k swords in my war city, is it necessary to include pikemen?, not for me it personally it doesnt
    I meant layering for attacks mainly, not so much for defense. Depending on the amount of Pikemen in your city, they can add a few more Archer waves. Pikemen are also one of the best options for scout bomb protecting. If you have about the same amount of Archers as Pikemen, the scout bombs will hit the Pikemen, not the Archers.

Default hey

well troop wise i think

5 million warriors
    300k swords
    300k pike
    2 million scouts
    2 million archers
    700k cav
    380k phracts
    220k trans

yes i didnt make any mechs since without i already had 70 mill upkeep.lol

The name is Bond, Aj Bond
    Thx Kalent and Arathorn for the 2 awesome sigs..I shall alternate in between the 2