Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evony Tools

Default Evony Tools

Ive seen some evony "tools" mentioned around the forums ive also seen some evony "no no's" mentioned on the net.

A suggestion i would suggest is that theres a area for programmers excel users who make/want to make tools for the benefit of the evony community to portray there intent, get ideas and possibly publish tools for evony.

Finding information on what tools are "Legal" in evony is incredibly difficult and finding any tool not within these forums can lead you into some dodgy dark alleys, and the great tools that i do find here are hidden so deeply within the archives.

I don't even know if evony supports "tools" being used so this suggestion would hinge on that.

Just think id like an alternative to those dark alleys when i see mention of combat calculators or timers.

I think the basic restriction on tools is that they cant associate directly with the evony client or server directly and all data must manually be entered. Please correct me if im wrong there.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

If by tools you mean things like the Evony toolbar, they are fansites not owned or run by Evony. All approved fan sites can be found here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=63482
    Anything that is not listed there is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    I think the basic restriction on tools is that they cant associate directly with the evony client or server directly and all data must manually be entered. Please correct me if im wrong there.
    They don't want you botting.
    You can use all of the tools on evolliance and other credible fan sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    If by tools you mean things like the Evony toolbar, they are fansites not owned or run by Evony. All approved fan sites can be found here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=63482
    Anything that is not listed there is against the rules.
    In fact that is a very incorrect statment. I have very precise responses from evony reps saying certain tools are fine to use. I also read a post which was abusing Dawnseekers helpful account safety ingame Mail were he elaborated to say the fansites are sites they have checked and arnt full of bad account hacking things ect, ect and that doesn't mean we cant visit other sites.

He did not ever say that we cant utilize anything not on these listed sites.

Then Foxy bunny indicated she used a "Combat Calculator" thats on her desktop

And here is a quote for you (Its a mail so i dont know how to quote it properly)

In other words, if it screams that you are under attack because the bird is flashing, that's fine. If it closes your gates for you....that's cheating. If your program says your troops are home and it is time to send more, fine. If it sends them for you or heals them, that is cheating.

"Basically, you can't have a program playing the game for you in any way. But one that works like a fancy alarm clock to remind you to play is absolutely fine."

That was a reply by a evony rep to my requesting weather using a stand alone program i had been linked was against the rules. The program is not in any of the sites you listed, and the program was really useless.

I additionally believe the rules that apply here are as follows

Scripting
    Using a third-party program as an interface between the player and the game is prohibited. Any other form of automatically generating information for a player or group of players to give them any type of military or economic advantage is banned as well.

This includes but is not limited to:
    Bots
    Macros
    Automated databases.

This does not rule out everything that is not in the sites you linked, could you please back up your claims?
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

Actually, this is something I need to run past admin again before I can give you solid information. What I can tell you is this:

Most "tools", with the exception of those on Evolliance, require you to download some small program or script. My battle calculator is an example of that. Here is where the problem comes in: If we don't control the downloadable program, we can't confirm the safety and content of that program. In other words, a programmer could submit a neat code to us and show us this great tool, and we approve it. Later, on his own website where he hosts it, he alters the program to include malware of some type. At that point, if we are pointing customers to that program, we are now responsible for harm to our players' computers. We're not ok with doing that, obviously.

I would LOVE for us to host some of these great tools here, and maybe in coming days we can do so. That's what I would need to speak to the admins about. In the meantime, while we can't let you link directly to any download, I have no problem with you discussing various tools you've found to be helpful. So long as they don't violate our rules, there is nothing wrong with using them.

Hey spikefin, this gave me an idea. I've started an Evolliance account for developers, such as yourself, to discuss Evony tools, calculators, etc. to enhance gameplay for Evony players. We might even consider hosting these tools on Evolliance, as long as they are within the terms of Evony itself.

Feel free to sign up and invite any developers that may be interested: http://www.evolliance.com/l/999/136564/
    Need a private forum for your alliance?
    We'll provide your alliance with a forum, alliance chatroom, officer's chatroom, message system, polls, tools, roles, & much more!
    http://www.evolliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Evolliance View Post
    Hey spikefin, this gave me an idea. I've started an Evolliance account for developers, such as yourself, to discuss Evony tools, calculators, etc. to enhance gameplay for Evony players. We might even consider hosting these tools on Evolliance, as long as they are within the terms of Evony itself.

Feel free to sign up and invite any developers that may be interested: http://www.evolliance.com/l/999/136564/
    Oh, what a lovely idea! Thanks for that!

Thanks Evolliance and foxybunny.

Will start development on my first tool today and see what formula's i can figure out/locate to include.

Thanks again.

I've clicked a link for an "evony approved toolbar" in these forums and had it blocked by my malware protector. beware and be safe.

The
    "evony approved" part was the claim of the poster. Evony had nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Vanbo; 08-12-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: disclaimer on bottom

Vanbo, you'd do well to report those tools/sites that are claiming to be "approved" by Evony, just to keep future users safe as well.