Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Farming Guide

Default Advanced Farming Guide

1. Positioning

From Day 1 of the server, you have to already start thinking about how to best position your cities. Also keeping in mind your positioning on Historic Cities and alliance strategies, try to set up your cities close to LVL4 and LVL5 NPCs. Do NOT cluster your cities, you will block your own NPC farming.

For LVL12 and LVL14 cities, it's good to have LVL7-8s close that you can spam with free warriors.

2. Farming missions

2.1 Ballistae + Transporters

Do not stop training these before you have 4000 Ballistae and 3200 Transporters per city.

2.2 Warriors

Get Historic Cities for free warriors.

2.3 Heroes/Feast Hall/Rally Spot

Make sure you have Rally Spot and Feast Hall at level 10. In each town, you should have:
    1 POL Mayor
    8 ATT/POL farming heroes.

The 10th Feast Hall slot is to move in your best attack hero for troop training.
    The 9th/10th Rally slot is open for scouting / transporting / attacking.

3. Time Management

NPC farming is not exactly the favorite part of the game for Evony players, so you will want to be as time-efficient in NPC farming as possible.

3.1 Preset troops

Have your ballistae missions in Settings 1, your warrior missions in Settings 2.

3.2 Sending missions

Always send out your farming missions from your rally spot, never from the map. When you're done in one town and going to switch to another town: click 'favorites'. In the next town, the same troop settings will still be there and you will not have to select your (preset) troops again.

3.3 Listing

Make a list of all the NPCs you farm, put them in Excel/NotePad/Word. 8 coordinates per city.

3.4 Mount speed

Very important, you need this for faster farming. As your hero levels go up, try to keep up with those levels with the according mount speed; LVL6 mount speed for LVL60-69 heroes, LVL7 mount speed for LVL70-79 heroes etcetera.

3.5 Distance & Travel time

You should continuously try to keep decreasing travel time for the longest travel time mission. Swap 1 hour NPC5 missions for 30 minute NPC2-3-4 missions. Keep bringing your travel times down. At Mount Speed 10, you should be able to have the longest farming mission at ~30minutes. This is a 1 hour round trip, enabling you to send out your missions once per hour.

4. Resource Farming

NPC1-5: Send 500 Ballistae + 400 Transporters. You do not need these numbers for NPC1-4 NPCs, but this is purely a time management issue. It's way easier to just send out the same missions. The ballista in Age II is possibly also the best unit in the game, so it's always good to have these. 500 ballistae also works for POL heroes you're leveling up. NPC5s can be farmed with a 500 ballistae, max techs and a ~0-10 attack hero. You don't have to set your POL heroes to attack gear this way.

NPC6-9 You should be spamming with warriors. If you do this, you don't need transporters. For 1 time hits, bring enough transporters to get the resources. Switch your heroes to full INT gear, this increases their life and decreases your losses.

NPC6: Send 85K-100K warriors. Generally not worth it.
    NPC7: Send 85K-100K warriors.
    NPC8: Send 85K-100K warriors. Have the most Iron/Lumber of all NPCs in the game. Best NPC to farm.
    NPC9: Send 125K-150K warriors. Historic City needed for these. 100K warriors with a very good hero can also be possible, but losses will be significant.

NPC10: Do not farm these. NPC10 farming is an Age I concept. Only hit (spam) these for Justice/Nation medals.

5. Gem Farming

Note: all drop rates are estimates. %% = Delicate gem. %% = Flawless gem

-Make sure you have 10% increased droprate (400/400 colonize achievement). There's a guide on this forum to rush through this achievement.

NPC1-4: 25% / 7% Don't spam these. They aren't very good for gem farming, but they should be in your farming lists for increased speed.

NPC5: 30% / 13% These can be double hit; you'll get a drop chance on both hits. 2nd hits can replace NPC2-3 missions.

NPC7-9 30% / 23% These can be triple hit initially; drop chance on all of these hits. After this, you start spamming them every 4 minutes; again drop chance on all these hits. Keep hitting them so they will not regenerate much. In between sending out your NPC1-5 missions, you can just keep spamming them and get a huge boost to your gem income. Switch heroes to INT gear.

NPC10: 25% / 30% Standard 96K+2K+2K archer opener (attack gear),2nd and 3rd hit with 100K warriors, then keep hitting it 4 minutes interval with 100K warriors.

6. Medal Farming

Added benefit of mass NPC farming, is that you will get your medals in no-time.

Cross: Not in NPCs
    Rose: Mostly found in valleys, people claim to have gotten rose medals from NPC1-2.
    Lion: Can be found in NPC3-4s mainly. Supposedly also drop in NPC1-2s.
    Honor: Best drop rate from NPC4. Decent drop in NPC3. Low drop rate from NPC1-2.
    Freedom/Wisdom/Courage: Drop from NPC5-9. These are extremely easy to get if you mass farm NPCs.
    Nation/Justice: Keep spamming NPC10s with 4 minute intervals. With enough warriors, you can get all Nation/Justice in 1 day to make prinzessin.

7. Updating

Don't hesitate to ask questions or add information, I will update the guide if I've missed certain info or when things are unclear.
    Last edited by Woldere; 09-01-2010 at 09:37 AM.

It's not FARMING really, but 10's are still really nice to take a level 70 vanilla hero to level 100 in relatively short order.

I know my one 12 can't pump out enough warriors for more than 7-8 xp runs per day. All my cities are queued for archers, but I guess using them isn't the way to go, but still...

Going for a 14 soon (very close to my HC which will be ideal for spearing) and then I'll focus on other 12's.

good guide woldere, and i've noticed a lot of other stuff drops from lvl5 npc

Quote Originally Posted by ElNiNoSt0rM View Post
    It's not FARMING really, but 10's are still really nice to take a level 70 vanilla hero to level 100 in relatively short order.

I know my one 12 can't pump out enough warriors for more than 7-8 xp runs per day. All my cities are queued for archers, but I guess using them isn't the way to go, but still...

Going for a 14 soon (very close to my HC which will be ideal for spearing) and then I'll focus on other 12's.
    Maybe, it's worth it to farm NPC10s to get your first attack hero to LVL150/LVL100. After that, farming NPC10s is a huge waste. Use those archers to capture HCs and get the free warriors. A LVL8 can be farmed with 14K-20K warrior losses, and you get 800K XP. Comparing NPC8 losses with NPC10 losses, training time vs XP, it's pretty close. Once you get the warriors for free, it's not even close of course.

Quote Originally Posted by *jdm* View Post
    good guide woldere, and i've noticed a lot of other stuff drops from lvl5 npc
    Yup: hero hunting, holy water, speakers and the occasional amulet, mic script, lost armor script .

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post

Yup: hero hunting, holy water, speakers and the occasional amulet, mic script, lost armor script .
    i also get medals

Maybe, it's worth it to farm NPC10s to get your first attack hero to LVL150/LVL100. After that, farming NPC10s is a huge waste. Use those archers to capture HCs and get the free warriors. A LVL8 can be farmed with 14K-20K warrior losses, and you get 800K XP. Comparing NPC8 losses with NPC10 losses, training time vs XP, it's pretty close. Once you get the warriors for free, it's not even close of course.

True.

This would especially be pretty nice if I had 3-4 12's, but I don't want to blow my archers on them (and I'm already building a 12 from the ground up...I hate building more than 1 city from the ground up as I'm never home enough to get it done quickly).

I try to keep my total archer losses for a day to ~50k, as I pump out about ~125k each day. I'm trying to get my heroes done quickly as I don't want to worry about them. I supplement this with warrior waves at 8's and I get most of my heroes from ~50 to 100 in a day or so. Trying to get 10 done.
    Last edited by ElNiNoSt0rM; 08-10-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *jdm* View Post
    i also get medals
    Excellent point =)

Let me quickly make a section on this.

Excellent point =)

Let me quickly make a section on this.
    do you get random medals or do you get the same type consistently?

Guide updated with medal section.

Approximate Freedom/Courage/Wisdom ratio can be found in the picture below (from my server. Other server may have different rates). The Honor medals drop quite frequently from NPC4-3s. Nations drop more than Justice (25% - 15% approx), I've used a lot of Nations for loyalty. Rose/Cross are not from medal farming.

on na 18 i get freedom.wisdom. courage medals from lvl 4-5 npcs