Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building Outposts

My House. On Earth. In The Universe. See you when you get here. Bye.

Default Building Outposts

Ok, so I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but my idea is to have another use for flats then just City Building. This idea could be to able to have a second option, Build Outpost. An outpost would be a small city/fort that would could be built far from your cities. You would be able to build only barracks, cottages, market and a feasting hall for your hero's. It would have maybe 10 building plots in the out post. No Town Hall, or Walls. You can have, say a max of 5 of these or 10 perhaps. You would be able to station troops in the outpost, and also train troops in the outpost. An option to send a portion of your idle population with you troops would make it possible to train them there. Over-all an outpost would be like a miny-city that could be built far from your cities to attack players in other states and players that are just really far from you. Also they could be used to reinforce alliance members that are really far from you. The population of the outposts would pay taxes, which would give gold, but no resource fields may be built in the out post. I'm sure many people probably have ideas to add to this as this is just what I thought of and wanted to post before I forgot about it.

[EDIT]: I am open to criticism on this suggestion. I was posting the baseline of the idea and know there is much that can be done to improve it.

Thanks for Reading
    DK
    Last edited by DeadKnightS2; 08-10-2010 at 02:05 PM.
    S148- DeadKnight, SCORPION
    Pres- 614k right now but growing to fast for me to keep track of. Not that it matters anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    Needs more cowbell
    <17:40>[MaximusI]: ELITES is recruiting, I could tell you we're going to rule Evony but that would be a lie chances are we get our cans kicked but well have fun doing it

sound like a good idea, too bad evony is focused on Age II now and doesnt do anythiung for age one at all
    "You're kinda' cute!"
    "What?! I'm not kind of- shut up!" Bulma to Vegeta

Quote Originally Posted by Humility View Post
    One thing that works against everything. Flamethrower.

The idea has been seen before. Outposts, Forts, Siege Camps... the names change but the description is the same. Personally, I think it's a good idea, at least in principle.

I'd like to permit encampments to fortify in any terrain, for the soldiers to partially feed themselves in certain types of ground, and for the fortifications to be able to be used to beseige cities. It would be complicated, but it would be fun - and more than slightly accurate.

Yeah i agree, it would be really awesome to be able to have little camps set up away from you cities that you could use as miny cities for war. It has been done in RL why not in evony?
    Pres- 614k right now but growing to fast for me to keep track of. Not that it matters anyways.
    Needs more cowbell
    <17:40>[MaximusI]: ELITES is recruiting, I could tell you we're going to rule Evony but that would be a lie chances are we get our cans kicked but well have fun doing it

whats to prevent players from putting outposts around their cities to preventing teleporting in next to them?

Presumably, not a thing. Of course, there's upkeep costs to consider.

See, I don't think setting these up as semi-cities will fly. Seige camps or staging areas, though... it shouldn't be unbalancing, as the troops are vulnerable to attack in a valley. Even fortified, far from a city they'd be easily hit.

And, if allies could reinforce your camps, we could be talking about field engagements between truly massive armies. Given the chance of hero capture, this would be both risky and potentially highly profitable.

This modification would go hand in hand with the ability to not only reinforce an allie's city, but send attacks orders from that city as well. Brings a whole new level to combat strategy...

I do not think you should be able to build troops there. But I think a huge tactical idea with this is that you do not need to worry bout sending armies really long distances because you could build one or two between cities or allies and send troops in smaller stages so if you need to split your forces or recall or reinforce a different ally, you can change with out a full recall.
    Kaiya
    Academy1 Host
    NA13 Only "Shuriken"
    http://bbs.evony.com/group.php?groupid=1596

I like all the ideas you guys are putting in. Being able to reinforce them (allies reinforcing your outposts), would make it truly awesome in ways that you could set up truly massive wars. It would be complicated, and something more for the vet's to use, but really fun, and potentially profitable depending how evony could set it up. It would add to the way battle's and reinforcing and alot of other things could work, allowing more tightly knit alliances and friends. Also, someone building them around his city to prevent porting in, oh well. You can't do much about that, and why would he bother doing that if he can npc it and farm those instead, as well as have no porting in, then save his awesome little outpost's for everywhere else. I also agree that it should be able to be done on any terrain. Each terrain could have a battle advantage (i.e hills, plus 10% range for ranged units, etc etc.)
    Needs more cowbell

I've seen this posted somewhere already
    Ram - Catapult + Ram/Cataphract x Calvary -((-Archer) Cataphract) + Warrior^2 x Pikemen^3 - Worker(Swordmen)/Transporter + Ballista((-Scout)(Cataphract - Calvary^2)Archer) - Cataphract^7 = Horsebow.
    [omkitshuy]: anyone worth recruiting is a person worth farming
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...32#post1391632