Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attacking Colonized city ?s

Default Attacking Colonized city ?s

Hey, got a question about attacking city that are already colonized.
    What determine the amount of troops the city suzerain will sent to defend it? and will the highest atk hero accompany the troops?

The suppression settings set how many troops the Suzerain will have fighting, with the highest attack hero.

the suzerain can select his colony by hovering over his city and then scrolling down to that specific colony. From there, he can either impose a policy (draft, etc...), or change the suppression settings. These settings are a % from 0 to 100 and determine what portion of the troops in the suz's city will fight an uprise or anyone else who attacks the colony. I think it's only the troops in that one city so if the suz has his troops in other cities besides the one he colonized with, nothing will fight (about 99% sure). Also it's highest attacking hero in that city itself as well.
    HH: 1| HC: 1 0 0 0

cool thanks guys. Exactly what I need to know. + reps
    again, thanks.

Oh another ?'s, can the suzerain lose their hero if their troops failed to defend the colonized city?

Edit: Heroes can be lost on uprising, I was wrong on my earlier post, had based my assumptions off what I have seen but I had not read Japanpimp's post as TheHangedMan clearly pointed out to me and (credit to him for helping me realize this) my new statement is that you can lose a hero to one of your colonies if you lose the uprise battle.
    Last edited by killerwave7; 08-12-2010 at 02:38 PM.

worth pointing out that the defending troops uses the cities tech level and NOT the suzi level.
    eg.
    suzi has archery = 10 colonised city has archery = 3
    suzi troops will defend the colonised city BUT attack with archery 3 and NOT 10. this is same for uprises and reinforcing during suppression so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs View Post
    worth pointing out that the defending troops uses the cities tech level and NOT the suzi level.
    eg.
    suzi has archery = 10 colonised city has archery = 3
    suzi troops will defend the colonised city BUT attack with archery 3 and NOT 10. this is same for uprises and reinforcing during suppression so be careful.
    Yup, which is why you should scout your colonies (typically the more active ones) regularly to see if they have an academy and to see what their tech levels are so you can adjust your suppression settings accordingly.

Most colonies are a liability and most players don't seem to realize it. It would take forever to teach them all individually. Any small one is almost never going to provide you with enough resources and income to makeup for even one major lost battle over it.

If colony has low/no workshop/academy anytime you fight there you are in the stone age. Note on these forums players have posted their attacks where 100k troops took out over 1 MILLION troops at little loss because the attacker had full tech and the Suz had NO TECH for troops or heros in the fight.

If you set Supp to 0, your hero still fights and you CAN lose them. I have had two allies lose heros to this, and one ally win a hero Uprising vs a Suz who put Supp to 0 because they knew we'd reinforced heavily. He got a free level 100 hero and his best was probably level 30 at the time (bearing in mind with the 1.2 mill troops we'd packed in his city there were HHs at level 150). We taunted the former Suz voting them MVP for our alliance that day. Note, you can't lose your King/Queen, so I think if that is your main att hero in a Suz city you may be immune to this (though its possible a different one might be lost... not sure on that). HH's are harder to lose, again not sure on particulars but I have heard they can be punked if the opposing player gets their photo (not hard, 10 cents). Jury is still out on that one with me unless someone can provide some empirical testing to confirm or deny it.

Till then, when I know I am going to be hit by or going to hit a player with a top hero - I keep their picture around just for fun. To be able to message them after captruing say one of the top Att heros on the server with the old Command & Conquer line "Keep 'em Coming" would be the coup of the week at least. Or perhaps an allusion to the Iraq war "Hey, that was the Jack of Clubs, who else you got hiding in there?" would be a hoot to be able to send.

Quote Originally Posted by killerwave7 View Post
    Nope, never really heard of anyone losing heroes on defense, but on attack yes. I've checked lots of defense war reports on ageII and I have yet to see a hero lost on defense so hopefully that helps.
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=140729