Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HC draft removal change - your thoughts

Default HC draft removal change - your thoughts

Anyone have anything to say about this change?

I don't exactly care for it. Looks like I'll have to start training all my heroes on 5's/10's with ballistae/archers.

I just think it further caters to the carebear mentality. I'm not liking where Age2 is going.

If you take an HC, you should be rewarded far beyond that of the average player. If you manage to take one (and hold it, as let's not forget they can be taken away from you), then this should have remained one of the perks. Alliances would have to work together to dethrone the HC owner (especially if he had help from his alliance).

Now HC owners will be much weaker without just cause. This is just how I see it. Taking that 14 which I was aiming to do now seems a lot less useful. Sure, it established a "stronghold" of sorts, but for what purpose? Drafting enemy players is okay, sure, but there are countless cheesy ways to avoid this and effective nullify an HC's radius.

Perhaps the amounts were a bit much from NPCs, but removing it entirely is not right in my opinion.

Enable the attack button retroactively and this change is fine by me.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ElNiNoSt0rM; 08-12-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Possibly the stupidist action Evony has taken in recent times. Lets see their reason was people where getting "never ending" armies. So what? As players increase in strength they will all own at least 1 HC and probably more so every 1 will be able to draft free warriors

Now that they have turned it off the lucky ppl that have capped numerous HCs and have big armies stack already have an advantage on the rest of us

Whats the point of taking a HC? Sure u can send bigger armies from the city but you cant port the city so it has limited useability and your city can be capped by someone else.

SO basically they have turned capping a HC from a necessity to a handicap ./slow clap for them

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

I 100% agree, players are being treated as if we were breaking evony rules, simply doing what evony allowed us to do, yet it was bunched together with the exploit fix (whatever that was) and made to make us feel (me anyway) that we were ch3aters by drafting. It takes months of hard work to build up to the point you cap a 12.
    Now half the benefit is GONE, just like that.
    So I guess only the handful of GIGANTIC players on a server can gain any real benefit now, with 16s and 18s, as even 14s are unlikely to give much from a draft as players can move out of their zones. Hard to leave an entire state, or the server. 12s become MUCH less interesting and fun.

I am furious, very hurt and very disappointed.

AS far as endles armies, they are WARRIORS, not archers we were drafting. block drafting from HCs to HCs so 14s cannot draft from 12s and so forth. That would limit the excessive armies, but 40k from a 10 is nothing. I lose that much to farm a 6 x4 times.
    Last edited by scythe; 08-12-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.

Historical Cities now are just a city you are unable to teleport...
    I`m sure they were advertised as a great feature...
    The 3 i have all enemies have teleported away so are now useless Static troop cities...
    As far as i see this is just another way to slow the game down
    Consider this evony the majority who complain about some players having large armies
    are the same players that have cities full of farms and cottages.
    Who accuse hard working paying players like myself of using BOTS because we train 125k+ archers per day

I don't like it.
    Last edited by TCWNME; 08-12-2010 at 07:58 AM.
    The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...

so a player who owns a 14 or 16, is no longer allowed to draft from a 12? or a 16 from a 14? even if its owned by a player?

im confused

If they really had an isse with the amount of drafting.........why did they not reduce the policy count?????????????????????????????? would'nt that be the sensible option?

I think the drafting you had from 14s and 16s. When you drafted of 12 or 14 npcs, was simply too good in terms of warriors.

But removing the ability to even draft level 10 npcs, and lower. Kinda turned the 12 and 14 npcs into citys that just cant move. Since no one in their right mind would make enough cottages to get full effect of the level 12 resource fields anyway

it says you cant draft from a HC as well.
    what if the HC is controled by a player, can the HC14 draft the HC12 owened by a player?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBadger View Post
    Historical Cities now are just a city you are unable to teleport...
    I`m sure they were advertised as a great feature...
    The 3 i have all enemies have teleported away so are now useless Static troop cities...
    As far as i see this is just another way to slow the game down
    Consider this evony the majority who complain about some players having large armies
    are the same players that have cities full of farms and cottages.
    Who accuse hard working paying players like myself of using BOTS because we train 125k+ archers per day

This really sucks EPIC fail

To the first part of your post: spot on...

They are now just cities with larger rally capability that cannot be teleported.

I mean, really, unless some former tyrant of the area suddenly quits/gets banned/etc and his cities are in your radius, there will be very little benefit to drafting from enemy players. Any actives within the area will port away or do countless other things to prevent the drafting long before you can get anything worthwhile out of them.

This DOES somewhat boost the significance of 16s/18, but it GREATLY reduces the usability of 12's. They are basically a posterity piece now.

Quote Originally Posted by simao View Post
    so a player who owns a 14 or 16, is no longer allowed to draft from a 12? or a 16 from a 14? even if its owned by a player?

im confused
    No, you can draft from them if they are player owned I imagine, but once again, that doesn't really do you any good.

I LIVE IN MY BASEMENT CAUSE MY PARENTS LIVE WITH ME

lol i thought i was gonna quit if zoz wasnt banned .... instead they patch this..... now eveyr 12 an 14 that was taken to feed ur army with free warriors ....... is gone cause of ppl who exploit simply cause we were better then u ... if some kind of compensation isnt offerd for ppl who have citys then are useless an dnt port ..... i think this game has hit a new all time low age 2 is THE BIGGEST DISSASTER ihave ever seen nver did i hate on this game even when attk button wasnt brought back ..... but evony.... what are u doing? seriously OUT