Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HC draft removal change - your thoughts

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

No-one would pay 200 usd to get enough M scripts to build lv.10 farms (to allow to get to 11 and 12 levels). It MIGHT be interesting for a 16 or 18, where you gain a massive boost but a 12? No way.
    So the ONLY benefit is the rp increase. The downsides are all the same, static and captureable.
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.

so whats the point anymore?

I should try and take a capital because I can draft from 8? random cities in a state my alliance pretty much controls?

if you're going to do this at least let us upgrade cottages above lvl 10 w a script so we can take advantage of the res fields.

more kowtowing to the lowest common denominator :\

The change Evony made to stop player owned Historical Cities from being able to draft troops from computer made barbarian cities was fair and balanced. Before the change players who had a HC could draft troops at a rate that would help them build up millions of troops in a short period of time. And guess what? That HC could have ZERO food and still draft every single day.
    Also, consider this, what if a player capped a HC and soon drafted a few million troops. Then that player turned around and colonized other players FROM the HC that had "limitless" troops. You think that uprising against a player owned HC that could draft millions of troops in a week would be a tad difficult? You think??
    Also, consider this, Evony changed the game mechanism that allowed players to garrison troops in another city that had zero food. After the change food is now required. Fair change, right? So is the change that prevents HC owners from drafting limitless troops. I mean, 1 year down the road a HC could have a few billion troops in it if Evony did not change things. You think that is right? You think that a impenetrable player owned HC is balanced? One that has hundreds of millions of troops in it?

The keyword here is BALANCED game play.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Evony suddenly became crap

So now lets look at the policies that a HC can use:

Tax Imposition: Any 1 at a lvl that they can capture a lvl12 should no longer need gold

Draft(player cities only): Any enemy with any sense will port away from a STATIC city

Disarmament: Any enemy with any sense will port away from a STATIC city

Pop. Redeployment: Anyone with any sense knows how to manage their population so very little use

Food Levy: Any player that farms as much as they should will have food coming out their ears.

So in conclusion the policy part of having a HC is now utterly useless!

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    The change Evony made to stop player owned Historical Cities from being able to draft troops from computer made barbarian cities was fair and balanced. Before the change players who had a HC could draft troops at a rate that would help them build up million of troops in a short period of time. And guess what? That HC could have ZERO food and still draft every single day.
    Also, consider this, what if a player capped a HC and soon drafted a few million troops. Then that player turned around and colonized other players FROM the HC that had "limitless" troops. You think that uprising against a player owned HC that could draft millions of troops in a week would be a tad difficult? You think??
    Also, consider this, Evony changed the game mechanism that allowed players to garrison troops in another city that had zero food. After the change food is now required. Fair change, right? So is the change that prevents HC owners from drafting limitless troops. I mean, 1 year down the road a HC could have a few billion troops in it if Evony did not change things. You think that is right? You think that a impenetrable player owned HC is balanced? One that has hundreds of millions of troops in it?

Saw this coming.

I'm only going to say: No.

Just no.

You're one of the few people that would like this change because it actually benefits the sissy mentality that you embrace so tightly.

EDIT: Also...down the road, people WILL have those kinds of troop numbers because the refuge camp is supposedly not functional and not intended to be functional. That will achieve something similar to what was being done here, yet you support one and don't support the other.

I wonder...why is that?

Default NeverEnding?

How can you call 160k warriors a day a day neverending armies?? I use that many a day farming if not more.
    The developers really need to rethink this solution to an imagined problem. Why do you insist on making this game less fun?!?

Default No More Bullies?

So Evony advertises Age 2 as having "no more bullies" and now, in order to use policies, we have to become bullies.

Troops serve two purposes - offense and DEFENSE. Its nice to be able to have troops to defend.

On the bright side, apparently you can still take food and gold from the NPC's. Havent tried the pop redeployment yet.

As long as I'm complaining, Evony seems to be ambivalent about army size, which was a major complaint in Age 1. But you need a huge army to take an Historical City in the first place. Shaking my head.

The change Evony made to stop player owned Historical Cities from being able to draft troops from computer made barbarian cities was fair and balanced. Before the change players who had a HC could draft troops at a rate that would help them build up millions of troops in a short period of time. And guess what? That HC could have ZERO food and still draft every single day.

Tell them how many HISTORICAL CITIES you own
    Before saying how things are fair evony will never give you coins for sucking up
    So for the sake of man kind think before you post
    The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
    no one cares what you think