Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: HC draft removal change - your thoughts

Thank you for reconsidering this change.
    Moreta
    na13 Massacre, Presbyter

add attack button to first servers!!!!

draft from -10s only!

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Eln, and if your alliance is not the one to capture Atlantis I bet $100 you will come screaming along with the rest of them about drafting being unfair.
    Why? Because Atlantis will be drafting millions of warriors per day and the owner WILL NOT be using them to farm.
    The owner of Atlantis will just be hording troops into it. Drafting and drafting and drafting and drafting. Sounds like fun? Right?
    You want to be the poor soul that has to go up against 500 million warriors and lord knows how many other troops all horded into Atlantis by some player? No, you don't. Nobody does. At that point all of you will come screaming back to the forums demanding that Evony change the drafting so the Atlantis owner can't draft millions per day.
    Why? So you can actually have a chance at wearing the owner down and taking it from them.
    That is exactly why they should fix the fugitive camp bug before something like that happens. You will not have to worry about 500 million warriors + the 2 billion workers in Atlantis if the bug was fix. The owner would only be able to keep what he could feed. The rest die off. If the player could farm enough food to keep the troops, you will not hear a complaint out of me and you should not hear any from other players.

When you make this arguement about unlimited drafting it counters your one, about how the current fugitive camp system is not flawed. Why? Well under the situation you layed out JP, a player who could stockpile 3 billion troops in Atlantis or any other HC, could let food drop to 0 with no consequence of losing troops due to fugitive camp not working the way it should. That in and of itself creates a mass army, the very thing Evony was trying to stop when it took away the drafting of npcs from HC.

Since you yourself view the problems in the fugitive camp as not being a bug, we do not want to read your post when you come to complain about the owner of Atlantis or any other player who owns a HC in your radius, abusing the intended purpose of the camp. Its a 2 way street, you cant have both lanes JP.

Edit: I think OSpawnO quote at the bottom is more true now then every.
    Last edited by BarrenMan; 08-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.

IMHO, restricting voting to only those whose voices are "approved" for participation is hardly an effective way to obtain a representative sample of player opinion. This is particularly true where some of those excluded (a) may have lost the ability to vote due to understandable outrage over yesterday's events or (b) never had the ability because they have rarely, if ever, ventured to the boards before said outrage in spite of being affected considerably by any potential change.

Historical Heroes :39 Historical Cities :3 3 1 *

well japanpimp from what i can see once atlantis is taken the servers will all be pretty much dead,and its all well and good saying no drafting i say if youve got no food 24hrs later all your troops die and drafting from players means if they are in a valley 100 miles away i still get them,evony should have imposed troop and barrack limits in beta,then you still have the problem of best team working alliances win and is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakk1967 View Post
    Yes, players can port their cities out of range of my lvl 12s, but they can't port their lvl 12s out of range of my lvl 14, and 14s can't be ported out of the range of 16s
    since when can 16s draft from 14s? please explain

Historial Cities 1 3 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman123 View Post
    I thought higher level HC's could draft from lower lvl HC's just like a typical hierarchy
    HH: 1| HC: 1 0 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by BarrenMan View Post
    That is exactly why they should fix the fugitive camp bug before something like that happens. You will not have to worry about 500 million warriors + the 2 billion workers in Atlantis if the bug was fix. The owner would only be able to keep what he could feed. The rest die off. If the player could farm enough food to keep the troops, you will not hear a complaint out of me and you should not hear any from other players.

When you make this arguement about unlimited drafting it counters your one, about how the current fugitive camp system is not flawed. Why? Well under the situation you layed out JP, a player who could stockpile 3 billion troops in Atlantis or any other HC, could let food drop to 0 with no consequence of losing troops due to fugitive camp not working the way it should. That in and of itself creates a mass army, the very thing Evony was trying to stop when it took away the drafting of npcs from HC.

Since you yourself view the problems in the fugitive camp as not being a bug, we do not want to read your post when you come to complain about the owner of Atlantis or any other player who owns a HC in your radius, abusing the intended purpose of the camp. Its a 2 way street, you cant have both lanes JP.

Edit: I think OSpawnO quote at the bottom is more true now then every.
    Hold on a second. Evony clearly said that not having Fugitive Camp was game design, not a bug. So let's stop calling it a bug, ok?
    In fact, Evony removed the Fugitive Camp button in Age II.
    Ok, second, Age II requires lots of troops to capture a high level Historical.
    Third, players in Age II don't want to do the constant farming that Age I required. If troops die from no food then we go right back to the farming, right back to Age I play style.
    Also, in Age II there are far less NPC's to farm from. So if troops died from no food in Age II then farming would be much more difficult since NPC's cannot be created.
    The bottom line is that we need large armies in Age II. But not insanely large. And we also don't want to have to farm constantly. So the question is, how can we limit army sizes in Age II since troops do not die from no food which is a key point of Age II? Perhaps we can set a number limit on the troops. So players can only have "x" number of troops per city. That way real skill will come into play. A players who uses their troop limit to make nothing but warriors will lose a many battles. But a player who uses their troop limit to make appropriate troop types for good layering can have the advantage.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman123 View Post
    i can draft from 14s with my 16

I would like to thank AA for her assistance for the last few hours of last night (though I did all the work ).

The feature to draft from NPCs has been re-added while a compromise is found and a solution is discussed internally. You may still voice your opinions and concerns in a moderated thread proposing several ideas, which can be found here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=144912

To post and vote in this thread you must follow the instructions given in this thread: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=113170

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.