Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 200

Thread: Age II: Limitless Troops

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Currently in Age II players can pack troops into a regular city or Historical City with zero food and the troops won't die. They can just keep packing and packing and drafting and drafting and eventually the city may have 500 million troops in it. This will make taking cities impossible and create armies of insane numbers.

    Perhaps we should have a limit on the number of troops a city can hold. The limit can be the total number from Atlantis. I don't know the total Atlantis number but lets say it is 30 million.

    So players can have up to 30 million troops in their cities. Troop type is not limited. So you can have 30 million warriors if you want. Or you can have 15 million archers and 15 million warriors. You can divide the troops any way you want. But there will be a hard number limit per city.
    Maybe 30 million is a bit much. Maybe 5 million per city is a good number. But the point is, we need a limit in Age II.
    Ok, time to address some of your points here...

    No, we shouldn't have a limit at all especially when you can't conquer other players (I'm talking about servers NA1-19) and can only colonize them. I also doubt that the player is going to horde all these warriors in a lvl 16 like that but that is an assumption and shouldn't be counted on that much. The point is, your intention is somewhat in the right place but your method is terrible. How about going along the lines of what Dawnseeker proposed in his poll, reducing the % you could draft from other HC's (non player controlled) and leaving level 10's and below the way they were. We could also propose the other alternative of refuge in the game like Ravenwings said. There are much better ideas than yours out there that would garner a lot more support since you have already advocated this specific idea of yours in multiple other threads, and I think we should focus on expanding upon those ideas.
    HH: 1| HC: 1 0 0 0

  2. #12

    Default

    Is there any way you can give negative rep on this forum? I'm trying to figure that out because I'm frankly getting tired of japanpimp's tiring circular arguments.

    In my opinion, all that needs to be done is bring back refuge. I didn't play Age I but I have read up enough on it to know that the refuge camp is more than enough to control the size of peoples' armies. That will stop the actualization of that 500 million warrior army that japanpimp is so afraid of because you will need to lose about 100 million warriors an hour just to feed the army.
    Last edited by Warbuck; 08-13-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Grammar

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    4,994

    Default

    you have to be a duke

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warbuck View Post
    Is there any way you can give negative rep on this forum? I'm trying to figure that out because I'm frankly getting tired of japanpimp's tiring circular arguments.
    You must have the ranking of duke on the forum.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warbuck View Post
    Is there any way you can give negative rep on this forum? I'm trying to figure that out because I'm frankly getting tired of japanpimp's tiring circular arguments.

    In my opinion, all that needs to be done is bring back refuge. I didn't play Age I but I have read up enough on it to know that the refuge camp is more than enough to control the size of peoples' armies. That will stop the actualization of that 500 million warrior army that japanpimp is so afraid of because you will need to lose about 100 million warriors an hour just to feed the army.

    That leads to botting and players needing to farm for 18hours a day just to stay on top.
    you dont farm for 24/hr chances are 50% of your cities will drop to 0 you will get on with no troops left.
    This also requires farming fields, which evony is against.

    AgeII's main hook is "No farming" that would no be the case if there was refuge and hc's like atlantis would be next to impossible
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post

    That leads to botting and players needing to farm for 18hours a day just to stay on top.
    you dont farm for 24/hr chances are 50% of your cities will drop to 0 you will get on with no troops left.
    This also requires farming fields, which evony is against.

    AgeII's main hook is "No farming" that would no be the case if there was refuge and hc's like atlantis would be next to impossible
    I don't mind the farming, to be honest. We farm as it is, so it isn't really "no farming". But your point about botting is a good one. However, you will always have people trying to cheat their way up to the top, and the evony staff will continue finding them and removing them.

    Also, I think that an entire alliance could still take Atlantis with refuge camp in place due to the Heroic Companion on facebook and the vesta blessing a lot of people get. It would make it impossible for a single person to cap Atlantis by him/herself. However, I believe that is the point. Atlantis should require a team effort.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In Tha Forumz
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Japan, you have a point. But, you need food for more troops. People don't go to 0 food anyway. If you have no food your city can't develop and nor can your troop count.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post

    That leads to botting and players needing to farm for 18hours a day just to stay on top.
    you dont farm for 24/hr chances are 50% of your cities will drop to 0 you will get on with no troops left.
    This also requires farming fields, which evony is against.

    AgeII's main hook is "No farming" that would no be the case if there was refuge and hc's like atlantis would be next to impossible
    your point about botting is a good one, but it's not as if ppl are not exploiting the zero refuge atm, ether way it's cheating.


    Quote Originally Posted by Warisart View Post
    Japan, you have a point. But, you need food for more troops. People don't go to 0 food anyway. If you have no food your city can't develop and nor can your troop count.
    Your wrong about this, there are tons of ppl exploiting the zero refuge, it's not hard to do.
    Last edited by Swesal; 08-13-2010 at 07:43 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Agreed age2 is more team orientated and makes for a better game
    In theory it is possible to go a few days with out farming if you get ahead early
    And the FB + vestas and reduced upkeep encourage more part time players which is good
    on the downside not enough HH to go around on NA13 we have almost all the good ones

    Would be nice to see more
    A balance is required especially on NA1-19 with the HC`s to keep the appeal i for one was set on them from day1 figuring out how i could get one
    some issues with colonizing needs addressing
    along with commission Quests these are great features just need fine tuning now to keep the game alive
    All in all age2 rocks as far as the strategy side as so many ways to play
    The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....


    But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In Tha Forumz
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swesal View Post
    your point about botting is a good one, but it's not as if ppl are not exploiting the zero refuge atm, ether way it's cheating.




    Your wrong about this, there are tons of ppl exploiting the zero refuge, it's not hard to do, and some ppl are will to exploit it b/c evony has pretty much gave them the ok to exploit it.
    Who said i'm breaking the rules? I never have been at 0 food

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •