Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Age II: Limitless Troops

0 food aint breaking the rules.
    I day let your cities drop to 0 food, then see how long it takes to get your rax all qued, your buildings going, and level your heroes.

0 Foods not exploited it comes with sacrifices.
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post
    0 food aint breaking the rules.
    I day let your cities drop to 0 food, then see how long it takes to get your rax all qued, your buildings going, and level your heroes.

0 Foods not exploited it comes with sacrifices.
    There in plain english well said
    The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...

it's very easy to exploit no refuge, you can visit all your ally's when you come on, or just sell some wood/iron/stone, and buy food, send out your fleet of ballistae, and war's to hit 4, 5's, and 8's, build troops with all the food your gain from the hour or so of farming in all of your city's, and don't worry about feeding your troops till the next day when you visit all your ally's again... thats exploiting zero refuge, and it's simple. But there are many other ways you can exploit the zero refuge that do infact break the rules, but i'm not gonna give anyone any idea's, b/c I don't support that type of gameplay. But you don't need to be a rocket scientist to think of them it's such an easy game mechanic to exploit it's not even funny.

Saying it can't be exploiting is kinda funny, b/c I thought of 5 different ways you can exploit it well I was writing this post alone.
    Last edited by Swesal; 08-13-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swesal View Post
    it's very easy to exploit no refuge, you can visit all your ally's when you come on, or just sell wood/iron/stone, and buy food, send out your fleet of ballistae, and war's to hit 4, 5's, and 8's, build troops with all the food your gain from the hour or so of farming in all of your city's, and don't worry about feeding your troops till the next day when you visit all your ally's again... thats exploiting zero refuge, and it's simple. But there are many other ways you can exploit the zero refuge that do infact break the rules, but i'm not gonna give anyone any idea's, b/c I don't support that type of gameplay.

Saying it can't be exploiting is kinda funny, b/c I can thought of 5 different ways you can exploit it well I was writing this post alone.
    Well if your think your correct in the statement then report it.
    Reinforcing an ally to hold troops (dont really work).
    Stacking all troops in 1 city (it drains from other cities then leaves you with nothing in any city)

Visiting allys yes works but when your pulling around 8mill and hour, so still pretty stagnant, then you need to remember thats being drained from all other cities also.
    All it would take is an attack on all your cities, your alliance can only reinforce with so many troops (mostly usually archers) keep cav on standbye, and anyone can be taken out.

The way you said takes time to do, 0 food still comes with sacrifice, just not the sacrifice when you lose troops.
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

I have not tried this. But in our server na13 iron and wood EASILY sell for double the cost of buying food. So each city only produces wood/iron. have a marketplace in the city. Sell iron/wood not needed for building troops for gold. Use gold to buy just over teh amount of food you need for yoru que in that city. WHen food arrives. Hit teh que fast and viola. More troops. Each city is self sustainable indefinitly. And once you have alarge amount of troops built up. Just save up teh gold to buy food. Set a buy price lower then "normal" to get LOTS of food. Then march on target. If my ADHD brain can figure this out. So can everyone else. OH and just to test it. I set all my production to zero and sold all my food stores. Half of my cities food banks where not gettinhg touched. I had a HUGE amount in teh red. And i then logged out for 20 minutes to see what would happen. Half my cities not touched. Luck maybe. idk. But that is what happened. I of course then set production up to max and bought food and relocated my rtoops to thier cities so they can be fed propely. Since i do not care what teh Devs say. I feel it is a CHEAP EXPLOIT and will not use it.
    Kaiya
    Academy1 Host
    NA13 Only "Shuriken"
    http://bbs.evony.com/group.php?groupid=1596

Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post

That leads to botting and players needing to farm for 18hours a day just to stay on top.
    you dont farm for 24/hr chances are 50% of your cities will drop to 0 you will get on with no troops left.
    This also requires farming fields, which evony is against.

AgeII's main hook is "No farming" that would no be the case if there was refuge and hc's like atlantis would be next to impossible
    100% Agree. If Age II had troops refuge/Fugitive camp (troops "die off" if no food) Then players will start farming again and even MORE intense than Age I because NPC's cannot be created, thus there are fewer NPC's in Age II.
    We don't want troops to refuge in Age II because if we did that then we go right back to Age I style game play. Besides, we need lots of troops to capture high level historicals.
    The point is, we need to be able to make big enough armies to capture historicals, but not insanely big.

Edit: Also, keep in mind, selling resources in the market place in exchange for food will not always be viable. Down the road when more and more Age II players start selling resources for food as their troops build up... the market for selling resources will die. And the market for food will explode. Just wait for another 6-8 months...
    Last edited by japanpimp; 08-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

I LIVE IN MY BASEMENT CAUSE MY PARENTS LIVE WITH ME

japan i have personally only seen 1 guy on my whole server yelled at for 2 big of an army an he was banend for his exploit ...... big armys with every unit is when this game starts to get good i dnt know if u have seen but there are so many reports of guy clearing fodder then cav smacking ppl with up to 1.5 mil arch in one wave this is very doable an eveyrone i know with 16s ...... personally use them warriors for farming thier biggest threat in age 2 if reverse layer suppresion fights u choose ur poison

I just thought of something that expands on my previous post...
    Perhaps the Market Place will be the biggest troop limiter in Age II...
    6 months down the road as players have massive armies, they will begin to sell off wood and iron in order to buy food, the prices for wood and iron will drop like a rock. When that happens players will not be able to buy food because there will basically be no food for sale or it will be SUPER expensive.
    Then players will begin to build more food resources fields...

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    I just thought of something that expands on my previous post...
    Perhaps the Market Place will be the biggest troop limiter in Age II...
    6 months down the road as players have massive armies, they will begin to sell off wood and iron in order to buy food, the prices for wood and iron will drop like a rock. When that happens players will not be able to buy food because there will basically be no food for sale or it will be SUPER expensive.
    Then players will begin to build more food resources fields...
    That is easy. Cap a level 10 and get 10 level 10 lakes and a good pol hero and you are making 2mil+ food an hr. Hitting NPCs does the rest for you.

The only way you are going to limit an army size reasonably is to give an associated cost to owning that army. And it is realistic too. Real armies need to be fed. Why do evony armies go starving without leaving or dying?

Hard cap is dumb... soft cap like refuge is the way to go.
    Last edited by Piraal; 08-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.