Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Test server

Default Test server

After seeing the outcry yesterday both good and bad. I think the Evony team should set up a test server. This would give a place to see potential changes,cheats,exploits, strategies AND upcoming game changes before they go live. Set all the troop build to 5 seconds and every account is given 10k cents and building builds are set to 5 seconds. And all items cost 1 cent. All accounts get wiped out every other day. ITS A TEST SErRVER!

Some people may call this crazy or stupid. But really, what I fear after yesterday is this. The new atk button on na21 and na22 are considered "testing". Has anyone spent money in those servers? What happens AFTER testing? What if you choose do axe the atk button. The people on those servers will be livid!

I have played another mmo that does have a test server and it is awesome! To be able to test theories and fine some of the things out about the game under these settings I think would help.

There ARE some updates and patches that SHOULD be released with no warning. But not all. And although it would add some advantage to SOME players cause like they will get to test stuff. So will anyone who wants too.

You can then see LIVE what effect new HC abilities can and will do. New units.

Or have the server reset every week and everyone gets instant building for first 24 hours.

Sorry if my thoughts jump around. Lil distracted. But hopefully the points come across.
    Kaiya
    Academy1 Host
    NA13 Only "Shuriken"
    http://bbs.evony.com/group.php?groupid=1596

I like this idea, its been needed for a while.
    I used to with a few alliance mates just stretch test everything when na1 first came out.
    But eventually we stopped because very little was happening after we reported the things we found.
    So then you think is it supposed to be this way, then other people do it, then it becomes a part of the game its just how people play it.
    Then they remove it and the server goes into melt down i know several people who have litterly abandoned there cities let there last get colonized by there alliance mates, with the amount thats changed.
    Food, HC's, etc.

With a test server, maybe like the beta server, but smaller, and for a select few people who are known to have experience with evony. (not sure how you would pick people, i know i applied to test bugs etc, but want excepted ~insert sadface~) lol.
    But in the long run it would save a lot of hassle, and then if a problem does come up on the main server, its just something evony's testers (us) over looked, then they have some fall back (hehe sneaky).

Along with this i would also suggest a few more updates to the game section of the forums (or more updates on evonys homepage saying what's new or changed, that maintenance.) Most games do this at the time they update it, it don't have to be in advance (through that would be better) but just letting people know will put more respectability into evony.
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Default Beta Age I and II

We all know about, Evony Beta. Were they tested things that they wanted to put into Age II when it was released.
    There are a lot of good ideas in this topic of discussion. How about opening Beta again, for testing some of these ideas? Like Trade markets etc. Then you can see if people exploit them. This way all of our ideas may be put into Age II Na1-23. Same goes for Age I. A lot of updates you put into Age II don't go into age I. So open a age I beta as well for the same reason. Testing ideas. This is also an idea so Evony...Give me feedback!

But, no free things. BUT, you can't pay real money.
    Last edited by Warisart; 08-17-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Evony is giving up on Age I slowly, I cant see them adding features anytime for age I.....And I am willing to test out exploiting the market in a "beta" test or whatever, Im good at exploiting stuff.

Yeah, a monthly beta server which is only open for 14 days a month will be just perfect. That'll give them enough time to alter it and 14 days for us to speed-test the server.

Quit Evony (and Forums) 8/18/2010
    Periodically returns, but spends most of time on reddit.

i'm new waiting for Na23 so don;t know about beta

Quote Originally Posted by crappyservers View Post
    Evony is giving up on Age I slowly, I cant see them adding features anytime for age I.....And I am willing to test out exploiting the market in a "beta" test or whatever, Im good at exploiting stuff.
    Exactly, so this is a good opportunity for Age I to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Warisart View Post
    Exactly, so this is a good opportunity for Age I to come back!
    Umm, No they quite literally (dictionary wants literally to litterbug....) are giving up on it, I dont see any reason why all of a sudden there going to put such effort into it, unless they finally realized the obvious conclusion event that Age...nvm >_>

Quote Originally Posted by crappyservers View Post
    Umm, No they quite literally (dictionary wants literally to litterbug....) are giving up on it, I dont see any reason why all of a sudden there going to put such effort into it, unless they finally realized the obvious conclusion event that Age...nvm >_>
    Lol, okay, forget about age I for now then. Your feedback on age II?

This seems like a good idea. The only problem I see is that they probably would not do it for Age I since they are trying to get people to move to Age II.