Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical Hero Change

Default Historical Hero Change

One could argue that there are a limited number of Historical Cities AND NPC's in Age II. Thus a limited number of Historical Heros is the same deal. Right?
    Well, not really how I see it.
    Sure, Historical cities and NPC's are limited in number. But everyone knows where they are without paying game coins to get the cords. Also, everyone has a equal opportunity to capture a Historical City or retake one from a player. But not so with Historical Heros. They can be "hidden" or "stored" and other players will never have a chance to retake them. Also, there are far less Historical Heros than there are Historical Cities and NPC's.
    Since heros are one of the most, if not THE most important key to being a strong player in Age II, then I think it is really unfair to have a limited number of HH's. Every player should be able to capture HH's as part of a Quest. Just like capturing a Queen. I would say it is fair to give a HH to a player who captures a L12 Historical City. Just like a Queen/King was given when a L10 was captured as part of the quest. Then set it so there is a cap of 10 Historical Heros per player... so 1 can be in each city.

Capture 1 Historical City get 1 Historical Hero.
    Capture 2 Historical Cities get 2 Historical Heros
    Capture 3 Historical Cities get 3 Historical Heros
    etc....
    Max 10
    Last edited by japanpimp; 08-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Could not possibly agree more for several reasons, including that all the strong players take them, leaving none for the noobs.

For maybe 20 cents people could create their own historical heros. They would be given 20 skill points on top of a 70 base of each attribute. They would name it and it would be placed somewhere around the player's cities. To find it, they could pay 10 cents more - however, the important thing here is that ONLY the player who made the hero can claim it. Good, huh?

+1 rep for you, I've been dying to say this lately
    Last edited by Lord Toad; 08-14-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Grammar Error

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Toad View Post
    Could not possibly agree more for several reasons, including that all the strong players take them, leaving none for the noobs.

For maybe 20 cents people could create their own historical heros. They would be given 20 skill points on top of a 70 base of each attribute. They would name it and it would be placed somewhere around the player's cities. To find it, they could pay 10 cents more - however, the important thing here is that ONLY the player who made the hero can claim it. Good, huh?

+1 rep for you, I've been dying to say this lately
    Yeah, I like that idea too.... it still generates money yet gives each player an opportunity to get one.

My Evony Videos

It also generates satisfaction for the player that made it. "YES!!! I finally got a Historical Hero!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself!"
    Last edited by Lord Toad; 08-14-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Wanted to add content

posted something just like this in a similar thread a few days ago

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=144847

Not all historic cities are created equal. I don't think a HH needs to be handed out with something that should be a goal in its own right.

I would not be opposed to a quest allowing players who have captured HH's to exchange, say, 5 of them for a comparable hero that they can design from scratch, with the HH's so exchanged returned to barb cities at the next maintenance. This would be pretty desirable for those holding HH's if done properly and could expand the potential for different players to obtain HH's consistenly over the life of the server. At the same time, it would preserve the challenge and enjoyment of hunting down/capping HH's. But, yeah, I expect something like this would be complicated to put into the game.

Historical Heroes :39 Historical Cities :3 3 1 *

There was a thread a good while back that i think the person that was the dev who wrote the king queen was talking about a quest after it and i think it is well over do to implament a quest for 12s atleast and i hope it is some kinda hero to unbalnace the HH because if you dont have atleast one HH you are doomed in this game and alot of the times i feel they acutly unbalance things quite a bit

I've spent quite a bit of money getting my historic hero's...you not only pay the 10 cents to find out where they are, but you need to buy a tele to get to them and then another tele to get your city back home. Even so, I don't think getting a HH should be easy. Leave the system as it is and make people work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kistari View Post
    I've spent quite a bit of money getting my historic hero's...you not only pay the 10 cents to find out where they are, but you need to buy a tele to get to them and then another tele to get your city back home. Even so, I don't think getting a HH should be easy. Leave the system as it is and make people work for them.
    I agree that players should have to work for them. But if we leave the current system as is then there is no hope for 99% of the players on the server to get their hands on a historical hero. Why? Because of their limited number. EVERY player should be able to get their hands on one IF they work hard enough or pay enough.
    The problem is, it doesn't work like that.
    Hey, I have two historical heros. I am one of the lucky ones. I captured them from my Suzerain. But what about everyone else?
    Last edited by japanpimp; 08-15-2010 at 05:29 AM.

My Evony Videos