Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical Hero Change

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    I agree that players should have to work for them. But if we leave the current system as is then there is no hope for 99% of the players on the server to get their hands on a historical hero. Why? Because of their limited number. EVERY player should be able to get their hands on one IF they work hard enough or pay enough.
    The problem is, it doesn't work like that.
    Hey, I have two historical heros. I am one of the lucky ones. I captured them from my Suzerain. But what about everyone else?
    Every player has a chance to get one, its 100% fair, this is the life of the game, if everything was handed to each player then there would be no fun and the game would not be competitive, why not just give every player a state city, its not fair that another player can take one...

Historic Heroes are a big part of the game, and one of the thing that makes you a target, they are to be battled over quite simple as that.

Now I don't see a reason why the couldn't do a extension of the Queen/King Quest after you get a lv12 Historical to get Knight or Paladin or something which has a base leadership of 50-100, as that is the only main difference with Historic Heroes the leadership factor.

Of course as long as you have a king or queen at Lv100 your not really set back that much.

But there is no point putting a limit to historic heroes, its just not balanced or fair if you do this, as simple as that, they are something to be earned, if you put a limit on them get ready to see top end players rioting on forums... again.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    Every player has a chance to get one, its 100% fair, this is the life of the game, if everything was handed to each player then there would be no fun and the game would not be competitive, why not just give every player a state city, its not fair that another player can take one...

Historic Heroes are a big part of the game, and one of the thing that makes you a target, they are to be battled over quite simple as that.

Now I don't see a reason why the couldn't do a extension of the Queen/King Quest after you get a lv12 Historical to get Knight or Paladin or something which has a base leadership of 50-100, as that is the only main difference with Historic Heroes the leadership factor.

Of course as long as you have a king or queen at Lv100 your not really set back that much.

But there is no point putting a limit to historic heroes, its just not balanced or fair if you do this, as simple as that, they are something to be earned, if you put a limit on them get ready to see top end players rioting on forums... again.
    The problem here is that players can hide and protect their historical heros and make them uncapturable. We cannot hide Hostorical cities. Thus, everyone can get a shot at cracking one or taking one from another player. Not so with the historical heros. They can be hidden or sit as captive status and nobody will be able to capture it.
    Also, if a player does not want their historical heros to get captured they can simply move the heros to another city if they get attacked or send the heros to reinforce another player with gates closed.
    There are far too many ways to protect the heros and make them uncapturable no matter how hard a player fights to get them.
    So again, we need a way so that ALL players can get heros with 150 leadership.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

I've got a even better idea, once you colonize a player you have a additional Policy Called Recall, this simply Recalls all Heroes and reduces there energy to 0, this way they will be back in the town and can not simply leave or hide.

Works prefect this way players can't simply hide there heroes if they get colonized.

Also to make it even more full proof, once you capture a hero if you do not persuade them within 48hours they escape.

This makes the game a lot more competitive and everyone has a fair chance, also players can no longer play tricks trying to hide heroes if colonised, if they have another town they can try to move it into the other town but that's it.

On the colony screen were it shows heroes it would be like looking at a players feasting hall showing what the hero is doing, Defending, Marching to Returning.

Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

I've got a even better idea, once you colonize a player you have a additional Policy Called Recall, this simply Recalls all Heroes and reduces there energy to 0, this way they will be back in the town and can not simply leave or hide.

Works prefect this way players can't simply hide there heroes if they get colonized.

Also to make it even more full proof, once you capture a hero if you do not persuade them within 48hours they escape.

This makes the game a lot more competitive and everyone has a fair chance, also players can no longer play tricks trying to hide heroes if colonised, if they have another town they can try to move it into the other town but that's it.

On the colony screen were it shows heroes it would be like looking at a players feasting hall showing what the hero is doing, Defending, Marching to Returning.
    I like the idea of a time limit to persuade captured heros.
    But keep in mind, we are not talking just about colonized players who hide heros. We are also talking about non-colonized players who can do it....

My Evony Videos

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    But keep in mind, we are not talking just about colonized players who hide heros. We are also talking about non-colonized players who can do it....
    How is that any different, you simply colonize them? If you havn't colonized them then how are they hiding the heroes from you colonize all there cities then you can use the new recall feature and there you go sow discord them easy as.

Quote Originally Posted by wenty View Post
    Not all historic cities are created equal. I don't think a HH needs to be handed out with something that should be a goal in its own right.
    when you capture any NPC you can capture the hero defending it (assuming a vacant FH spot)

so why not be able to capture the defending King in an HC?

Here is what would happen Comrade. After all animals are made equal on the farm, the pigs will capture the HHs because some animals are created more equal than others.

It is just a bad idea. Evony largely favors first comers, and the best players starting the soonest will dominate the HHs.

Your ideas to level the playing field are neutered by the fact that the players are not equal.

How is that any different, you simply colonize them? If you havn't colonized them then how are they hiding the heroes from you colonize all there cities then you can use the new recall feature and there you go sow discord them easy as.
    What you are saying is this:
    "I have a Hisotrical Hero with 150 leasership and 800 attack. I captured this hero by attacking a level 8 NPC and paying 10 game cents. Now, if you want him, come get him. First, you need to successfully attack ALL 10 of my fully defended cities and 800k archers. Because if you colonize just ONE of my cities I will simply move the hero to a uncolonized city. Then you need to successfully supress me. And guess what? It will be 100 times MORE difficult for you to capture the hero than it was for me. Also, I will use my super hero to defend against your attacks making it near impossible for you to colonize me and take it from me. I will watch watch all of your 2 million archers splat on my walls as my level 150 historical hero with 800 attack defends my city. Hahaha..."

Seriously Spawn, do you think it is even remotely possible for a player to colonize all 10 cities of an ALREADY very strong player who may OWN HISTORICALS and do the recall trick in order to capture their Historical heros?
    The only thing your idea does is make is easier for the already strong players to capture even MORE heros from their colonies.

My Evony Videos

It makes sense for evony to implement more historic heroes.

They should keep things the same but add more of them. Meaning you still have to spend cents, just like everyone else did.

The way it is right now with a limited number of HH, new players are being "punished" for being late to the game. New players are vital to the servers, as are the HH.

As for the idea that the number is limited for them to be fought over, that's only supported by guys who didn't have to fight for the heroes, they got them from the NPC's. Why does it matter to them if new players can get them from NPC's too, the very same way most of them got their heroes too?

That way, more people will spend money on evony which is good, right?

Now if u still want one hero thats's been taken, you can still go at it and try to take them away.

Once again, some players have advantage by simply joining the server in it's early stage. No skill involved in that.

They have the advantage they built up over time time, army size, fortifications, researches completed, all that.

But evony shouldn't over extend that advantage though. Allow for more historic heroes and more money will be spent.

New players to servers are already facing a tough time. No need to make it any tougher.

I'm sitting here with my 850k prestige, my small army and most researches still in progress. Let me spend coin for a good cause.

the main problem is that 2 weeks after servers starts, all HHs are taken already

+ owners, can hide them

= no chance for new player to at least catch the old players.. since HHs r very needed on age 2, specially for the 100+ leadership

---

This makes, good player will only join servers when they start, while the old ones, only are losing players.. wich makes server less fun