Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical Hero Change

In your fridge.... Yes im the one that eats your sammiches.

agreed there, im in na6, and i have found that while HHs can be hidden, you can get the general idea of thier location.
    eg, barbarian city= free hero, flat= hidden by a player/ captured and not persuaded.
    city= owned by (insert name here).
    mind you i do agree on the self made hero consept XD
    think about it, you play the game, only makes sense that you have a hero to represent you on the field as intel, politician or warmonger.
    duty ends only in death
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    I would absolutely love it!
    I think its a fabulous idea!
    You won't believe just how many people still think I am a male
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadan View Post
    I like anything japanpimp dislikes
    I disagree with anything japanpimp agrees with

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    What you are saying is this:
    "I have a Hisotrical Hero with 150 leasership and 800 attack. I captured this hero by attacking a level 8 NPC and paying 10 game cents. Now, if you want him, come get him. First, you need to successfully attack ALL 10 of my fully defended cities and 800k archers. Because if you colonize just ONE of my cities I will simply move the hero to a uncolonized city. Then you need to successfully supress me. And guess what? It will be 100 times MORE difficult for you to capture the hero than it was for me. Also, I will use my super hero to defend against your attacks making it near impossible for you to colonize me and take it from me. I will watch watch all of your 2 million archers splat on my walls as my level 150 historical hero with 800 attack defends my city. Hahaha..."

Seriously Spawn, do you think it is even remotely possible for a player to colonize all 10 cities of an ALREADY very strong player who may OWN HISTORICALS and do the recall trick in order to capture their Historical heros?
    The only thing your idea does is make is easier for the already strong players to capture even MORE heros from their colonies.
    Well if the hero is already in control of another player of course it should be harder, the hero might already be level 100.

Now I've personally colonized a 10 player person and taken over 6 Historic Heroes from them, so its very possible to take em.

Honestly if everyone has the exact same thing the game gets boring, look sure they can add another 200, 300 Historic Heroes, just fyi the same people will get them.

Like I said if they want to do anything add a extension of the king/quest, you have you king and queen, so of course they need there champion!

After you complete the Queen/King Quest you get a new on which asks you to first reach the rank of Duke, Maybe Earl, but Duke it better.

Then you are asked to Capture a Lv12 Historic City, maybe kill like 5 million of a few different troop and bang you get a Champion 90/90/90, -- Loyalty and 56 Leadership at Lv1, thus at Level 100 stats could be 90/190/90 with 155 Leadership which is more then enough, anything better then that and its unbalanced, and any quest easier then that and its unbalanced, can't just give these things away.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    Well if the hero is already in control of another player of course it should be harder, the hero might already be level 100.

Now I've personally colonized a 10 player person and taken over 6 Historic Heroes from them, so its very possible to take em.

Honestly if everyone has the exact same thing the game gets boring, look sure they can add another 200, 300 Historic Heroes, just fyi the same people will get them.

Like I said if they want to do anything add a extension of the king/quest, you have you king and queen, so of course they need there champion!

After you complete the Queen/King Quest you get a new on which asks you to first reach the rank of Duke, Maybe Earl, but Duke it better.

Then you are asked to Capture a Lv12 Historic City, maybe kill like 5 million of a few different troop and bang you get a Champion 90/90/90, -- Loyalty and 56 Leadership at Lv1, thus at Level 100 stats could be 90/190/90 with 155 Leadership which is more then enough, anything better then that and its unbalanced, and any quest easier then that and its unbalanced, can't just give these things away.
    I agree that players need to be given a quest or something that will let them cap a special hero with 150 leadership just like the king/queen quest.
    Say the quest is to cap a L12. Once you cap the L12 you get the 150 hero. Or once you kill 3 million pike, sword and arch and cav you get the hero. But SOME way so each player can get a champion that has 150 leadership with -- loayalty.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    I agree that players need to be given a quest or something that will let them cap a special hero with 150 leadership just like the king/queen quest.
    Say the quest is to cap a L12. Once you cap the L12 you get the 150 hero. Or once you kill 3 million pike, sword and arch and cav you get the hero. But SOME way so each player can get a champion that has 150 leadership with -- loayalty.
    150 At Level 100, of course you get it at lv1 with 51

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

This won't work on old servers, but could be done on new ones: don't put historic heroes in the world at the start, but instead release them on a regular basis: every week say after the first few weeks. That means a player joining late have a good chance of getting them, or one who plays less often/spends less so takes more time to build up the capability to take them.

This could also be a way to introduce more heroes. If you've introduced 20 a week for 20 weeks, so used up the current 400 or so, don't stop there but keep introducing them (20 weeks is long enough to write some new biographies). It could even be based on the game rather than a timer, so e.g. there are always 10 heroes available, with a new one added randomly as one is captured.

Or: how about leaving a hero in a historic city when it's captured? Not a historic one but a Queen or King, but boosted in some way (higher level cap, higher leadership) as you've just captured a level 12 not 10. This could be a quest, or automatic, maybe limited so you only get one at level 12, one at level 14 etc.

At what point should you be able to take a top HH from a player who defends him well, i understand the hiding methods, and like spawns idea to recall them if you colonize that player, but there shouldnt be a gap that makes it easy. JP this isnt a utopian society, if it was id be bored already! lol

Part of the Lure for HH is that they are hard to get, if you make them easy its not a big deal at all. In age 1 Helm of Mars Atk heros were great to get, but at somepoint its more about the time you put into farming that made that hero. IN age 2 its the time you put into farming and risking gems to get better stars often times....I personnally know of 50 HHs that have changed hands in a month on our server....its just a matter of knowing how.

I agree on the quest part as well, for capturing a HC, there should be a quest similar to the queen/king quest.

I've thought about this somewhat and I have yet to any possible disadvantage to any party involved. With more historic heroes, more cents would be spent, that's good for evony. With more historic heroes, players could improve their game.

I don't have a problem with top 50 guys on the server owning many historic heroes. But there should be more of them.

Again, the advantage of guys that have been the longest on their respective servers is fine. But' let's not overextend that advantage.

How am I supposed to snatch a hero from a guy that has an army 10 times bigger than mine and on top of that, that army is led by hero at least twice as good as mine?

Hard work in evony allows you to complete many achievements, though the historic hero ones are out of reach?

Another issue is that I see a lot of reports about glitches with historic heroes, these glitches allow for some unfair advantages. With more historic heroes, there would be more encounters and it would be more likely to expose them and put a stop to unfair advantages.

I like the idea of releasing more over time.

I also had another idea I posted in another thread but ill give it a shot here. What if hero stats were randomized on every server?

As it stands now every forum uses knows the top 20 attack heroes. This means that they disappear in the first 72 hours or so of a new server.

Instead I propose that they keep the bios and portraits the same but shuffle the stats.

I think this would bring a lot more excitment on new server and would keep ppl hero hunting as one would never know when they would find their servers version of Henry VII (or whatever the top on is, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post

good idea !

Leave it, or extend the King/Queen quest. Something like finding a champion or whatever (Spawn suggested) or increase level cap of the King/queen
    Ram - Catapult + Ram/Cataphract x Calvary -((-Archer) Cataphract) + Warrior^2 x Pikemen^3 - Worker(Swordmen)/Transporter + Ballista((-Scout)(Cataphract - Calvary^2)Archer) - Cataphract^7 = Horsebow.
    [omkitshuy]: anyone worth recruiting is a person worth farming
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...32#post1391632