ATT: 305.23
    INT: 56
    LEAD: 247

Tom:

ATT: 305.1
    INT: 55
    LEAD: 100

Conclusions from these reports:

1. A 100 leadership hero will lead anything from 1 - 100K troops equally well as a 247 leadership hero, if the other stats are exactly the same. This means that 'excess' leadership does not have any effect.

2. A 100 leadership hero does not lead 150K troops as well as a 247 leadership hero. It's pretty safe to conclude that 1 leadership = leading 1000 troops with their full attack and intelligence stats.

note: this is only with warriors, results may be different with other units

What does this mean:

1. For attacking: Historic Heroes have a huge advantage when launching from Historic Cities (sounds logical) and probably when war ensigning (needs testing)
    2. For defending: The advantage that a defender had in Age I is somewhat negated in Age II, since the defender usually does not fully lead all his defending troops. So Historic Heroes have a big advantage defending also.
    3. Uprise/Suppression battles: Historic Heroes have a huge advantage here, since most of these battles have way over 100K troops on each side.

Other findings while testing

-POL does not play a role in combat.
    -Energy does not play a role in combat.
    -Loyalty does not play a role in combat.
    -Mount speed is unlikely to play a role in combat.
    -Excalibur: a 354+89 attack hero easily beats an exact same 354 hero
    But, a 443 attack hero easily beats an exact same 354+89 hero.
    Something strange going on with excalibur in battle?
    Last edited by Woldere; 08-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    Michel de Ruyter:

ATT: 305.23
    INT: 56
    LEAD: 247
    How does he have 247 leadership. I think it was suppose to be 147.

So against a level 10, for example, my level 100 vanilla hero is identical to my level 150 (247 lead) hero (with the obvious difference in attack being present).

I was wondering why my troop losses on level 10's were very similar between the two at/after 100 leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbaud View Post
    How does he have 247 leadership. I think it was suppose to be 147.
    HHs can have a base leadership way above their current level which is why this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ElNiNoSt0rM View Post
    HHs can have a base leadership way above their current level which is why this is possible.
    Ohh, I thought leadership was the same as the level of the hero.

This also means that you don't need a hero with 100+ Leadership base to launch from a LVL16 to a LVL18. If you don't count launching from Atlantis, Leadership base above 100 is only needed in PvP environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    This also means that you don't need a hero with 100+ Leadership base to launch from a LVL16 to a LVL18. If you don't count launching from Atlantis, Leadership base above 100 is only needed in PvP environment.
    This is very important.

So if I'm launching 150k archer waves from my 12 at a 14, the extra leadership on my HHs won't be a factor? This will be a big deal if it means I don't have to send them from the 12.

Quote Originally Posted by ElNiNoSt0rM View Post
    This is very important.

So if I'm launching 150k archer waves from my 12 at a 14, the extra leadership on my HHs won't be a factor? This will be a big deal if it means I don't have to send them from the 12.
    Well you probably mean an ensigned 125K wave = 156,250. You will need heroes with 157 leadership or higher. Anything above 157 leadership will have no added benefit.

What I meant by 100+ leadership base: a LVL150 HH with 100 leadership base will have 250 leadership and can launch an ensigned wave from a LVL16 to Atlantis effectively.
    Last edited by Woldere; 08-17-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Oh, 100 leadership BASE.

I get what you're saying now.

I noticed this on lvl 10's with my lvl 70 reg hero's taking 38k losses while I was expecting closer to 8k losses.

Very good testing to prove it Woldere

Did you find anything on intel? ie whats a good threshold to have.

I am thinking of switching some gear to get 85 intel on HH's in expense of some attack.