Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prestige decline due to inactivity

Default Prestige decline due to inactivity

I believe if a player is inactive there prestige should drop over time.....

As you already know, according to evony depending on how long some 1 is inactive and what prestige will calculate how long till they get deleted...

How about while there inactive and not delete there prestige slowly falls a certain amount depending on how long they are inactive for, and once it hits 0 the account is deleted???

Also paying customers will never be deleted so how about they don't lose prestige according to how long they are inactive, or the rate if falls in alot lower?

You know, I kinda like this option. The main thing I like about it, is that it keeps people wanting to play more often so they don't lose their prestige. Then again, it would have to be a slow decline like one week = 1K prestige. And paying customer's would still stay at 0 forever, but it would be annoying to rebuild if you ever came back and didn't want to restart.

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

I also like this idea

Another suggestion There could be a limit paying customers could but to "lock" their prestige

Hummm I'm really unsure about this one, i had two thoughts when i read the suggestion title, both which AA covered exactly hehe.

My main concern is it makes people less likely to return to the game. On S3 I stopped playing for a month if i came back at half the prestige i would be sadface

But then again if i knew my prestige would have declined i may have not stopped playing for a month hehe.

*Evil suggestion posters making me think about things.*
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post
    On S3 I stopped playing for a month if i came back at half the prestige i would be sadface

Some people say prestige is only a number

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    Because it is a number.

On a actual post, I dont trust prestige at all. A high prestige could be a pres farmer, a medium to high could be a hardcore player or bad farmer, hard to tell. Just scout everyone, never base it on there prestige, but on there reputation or if you know, his army size. Prestige is too exploitable conclusion sentence

Funny thing, the company I work for is prestige lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    It is only a number but it makes your alliance and yourself look better.

What else i like about this idea is that if u see a players prestige fall u know they are inactive, if there prestige isn't growing a player may have reach max number of troops he/she wants and are selling and buying recourses and farming lvl 5s with no prestige gain

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    You know, I kinda like this option. The main thing I like about it, is that it keeps people wanting to play more often so they don't lose their prestige. Then again, it would have to be a slow decline like one week = 1K prestige. And paying customer's would still stay at 0 forever, but it would be annoying to rebuild if you ever came back and didn't want to restart.
    Then they would pay more lol

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    Then again, it would have to be a slow decline like one week = 1K prestige. And paying customer's would still stay at 0 forever, but it would be annoying to rebuild if you ever came back and didn't want to restart.
    One week equals 1k pres? Ummm that would take a lot of weeks to get to 0, 250000k pres lets say, divided by 7 equals 35 weeks and 5 or something days (In my head so probably off by far.) I get What you mean, but 1k pres a week for inactivity not including holiday mode is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by brownchocolate View Post
    Then they would pay more lol
    True. If they paid before they would likely pay again to get back in, no point of restarting unless your down to a really crappy ton, but then they could restart anyway and pay or move to another server and pay. Either way if they come back it's likely imo they will pay.

I like this idea overall, but for inactivity say a week should differ from your pres maybe? Say 1 million pres player quits in a 10k pres deficit a week would be too long, so minus it from a very small portion of your prestige each time to make some sort of impact until you get to 0. The % can be argued upon as I'm unsure of what percentage. So say 1 million pres player of for a week, say 5% is off or something.

+ rep for the idea.
    Last edited by Reasoner; 08-20-2010 at 08:39 PM.