Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Age2] Life as a colony, the ups and downs and REVOLUTION

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

Default [Age2] Life as a colony, the ups and downs and REVOLUTION

The colonial options

Disclaimer: I am ultimately NOT responsible for your behaviour, if you happen to aggravate your colonist further through irresponsible consumption of ***** tonic, then you and only you end up kissing it.

So, you got colonized! congratulations on becoming someone's biatch

Well, don't fret, biatches put out but get presents, jewellery, get taken out .. the works...

WHAT! your suzerain doesn't think you deserve all that! wow, the nerve! you need to bite him. Lets discuss how

Annoyance Tactics:

1. Valley Stealing - Train a few scouts and hire a few cheap heroes from the inn. Go ahead and take out all the suzerain's valleys. Abandon them as you go so he will need to attack the troops of nature again to get them back. Do this daily.
    2. Mail Spam - He doesn't like mail? Wow.. uncommunicative grinch how about some mail spam? Maybe you could ask him if he likes 10 day old rotting potatoes.... be creative Just don't violate evony terms of use.
    3. Worker Attacks - make a worker. Get a crap hero. Locate a valley or a second city of his'/her's and send attack. Workers are slow. Transporters even slower. Send just one brave one on a mission to die and keep his light blinking. This is similar to a real life colony sending a single suicide bomber with smoke bombs instead of real bombs. Intention is to open their eyes and ears and make them itch (not to blind them - you need them to see to be able to attend to your plight). Esp useful if they ignored ur mail spam.
    4. Uprising - Uprise on the daily, twice a day, thrice if you can be bothered. Just to tell them u exist and don't like them
    5. Organised Rebellion - Get together with other colonies of the tyrant and rise together. He might get tired of the uprisings and choose to not suppress. You win.
    6. Intimidation - Get a stronger mate in your alliance to scout and/or colonize him Tell them its a NO DEAL unless they take their paws off u.
    7. Get them killed - A suzerain's army has to come and defend you. Even if that is a zero man army, i.e., they set suppression troop % to zero. Even then, their appointed champion comes fights (from the city that colonized you). While a colony of your "uncooperative" suzerain, pick a fight with someone bigger than them. And get them to attack you. All you need to do is close your gates and zero ur wall defences. The suzerain's army will get wiped out if they come to try n hold on to the colony. This is obviously assuming that the new suzerain would be any more reasonable than the last one! But if all you care for is retribution on the current one, yeah, there is this way. Use with caution. --Idea suggested by Melbear for inclusion--
    8. Change City Name - can also change your city name every day to confusing things. Such as "City Name" or "Lord5641654". When u got 40 colonies it can be difficult to tell them apart. [I]--Proposed by soniti54
    9. Colony Stealing - So,they took you as colony. And you asked nicely if there is a way of getting released right? After all, there is no way you can compete with them right now! And the suzerain responded by assigning a suppression army.. hmnn.... Time for some corrective action. Go ahead and find out their colonies. Try to take them. With a few troops each time, 100-1000 warriors etc. Something cheap and replaceable. It is likely that the suzerain isn't defending all his colonies. Especially the dead ones. swipe them from his/her control Chance of losing badly on this, but if you catch them napping, they wake up with no colonies but you.
    10. Take their NPCs - This would require for you to have a decent sized warrior force. Now, the reason they could colonize you was because he/she got the ability to farm NPCs and grew their force exponentially while you were still waiting. Not to worry, capture the level 4s/5s around them and port them away (or just re-abandon them, resetting their natural NPC status, suggested - hold them for a day before you abandon-experimental). At least until they get reliable level10 NPC farming sorted, they would be faced with a diminishing food supply. You will need to slam waves of 100k warriors into the NPCs to take them with cheapest losses. Do this if you are sure about how to take NPCs. --NPCs not reappearing after port and maintenance confirmed by Ninno, na1--

Colonization Specific advice:

1. Tribute ZEROING - Go ahead, set your production in the colonized city to ZERO. Supply resources to grow from another city. The suzerain will get no tributes from you whatsoever. So, apart from personal spite, I'd be hard pressed to imagine why they would continue to hold you down!
    2. Troop Hiding - Make troops, but send them to valleys or to your other cities. Or to allies in your alliance (reinforce). The suzerain would be unable to levy these.
    3. Scouting - Scout his valleys to get info about his techs. Useful to plan a real uprising with.
    4. Wall Building - Build up your wall. The suzerain can't even touch it. A fully/substantially built wall would help greatly in your uprizing effort when you bring in the troops (your's allies'...).
    5. STOCKPILE - Stockpile your resources. If you don't mind paying the tributes, then keep stockpiling your extra resources. Sell them at the market to make the resource fields keep ticking over This pile would help greatly in hosting a garrison when you decide to uprise, and also for building back up after you break free.
    6. Keep your gates SHUT - Suzerains can scout you. Keep gates shut if you have scouts. It will also help reduce the chance of him dropping loyalty on your heroes.
    7. Protect your heores - Keep their loyalties at 100. Better still, keep the best of them out of the city. Fill it with crap disposable heroes.

Actual effective ways of breaking a suzerain's hold [aka BRUTE FORCE]:

External help method:

1. Find someone willing to attack you - This might work if you port somewhere else and somebody more powerful willing to help you and accept you into their alliance and teach you how to play.
    2. Find out suppression settings - Have them attack you with something small. Keep your gates closed. This would reveal on your battle report what the suzerain had set as the suppression army and the hero to be faced. The person helping you will need this info.
    3. Sit tight and hold your nerve - Now, provided the person thinks he can help you by killing all those troops that will come to keep you from getting free, tear down your wall defences. Keep your gates closed and get attacked. If the attack succeeds, the guy that helped you should -
      1. recall his troops &
      2. either friendly your alliance or take you in
      - either of those would mean you don't end up being his colony instead of the first person.

Alliance help method:

1. Get reinforced - Have alliance member/s reinforce you. They will need to manually enter your coordinates in their rally spot and select the option to reinforce.
    2. Find out suppression force numbers - A few different ways of doing this -
      1. Get someone to hit you ~1/2 an hour before the suppression battle with something small (lets say 100 warriors). This would tell you what is coming after you.
      2. Get your alliance to scout the person, at least the city that he has you colonized from, but better still, all of them.
      This is still not a guarantee that he did not hide his troop strength somehow, but you do what you can.
    3. Sit tight, hold your nerve and WIN your freedom - Now, lets wait for the showdown and hope you win. The outcome will depend on how many troops you were able to put up and how many allied troops you could get, also, the better built your wall, the better it will fight for you

Later Stages, anti-colonization:

1. Lay a trap - Have a stronger alliance member make a cheap, badly constructed city close to ur suzerain. But with lots of good resource fields. Put in warehouses if u like :P
    2. Wait - Have ur friend wait to get attacked
    3. Let them get colonized - Your friend should lose their first fight, this should not be difficult as it will most likely come as a surprise!
    4. Reinforce - Just before the suppression battle, get your friend reinforced to the hilt. By anyone that can. Cream that Suzerain's troops.
    5. Uprise - Now that u've all beaten him once, its time to get your freedom uprise away and get reinforced as in the alliance help method above. Hopefully, you have weakened the suzerain enough to get a victory, or at least shaken their confidence enough.

For what exactly colonization is, please read this Chaoticjoy's Newbie colonization guide guide before you read this one, i.e., if you read above and find urself confused, go read that and get some basics right then come back and read this one.

Thnx a bunch for all the reps I'd like to thank individually anyone that leaves comments and name with theirs'. Keeps me motivated to post

PS: This is always under construction. Leave comments, suggestions, flowers, dungbombs (NOT), kisses, hugs, all accepted reps are great if you feel like them
    Last edited by practicalfool; 06-06-2010 at 08:00 AM.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

postnumber 2 : reserved

status update: Updated 19/05. Some ideas put forward by ppl incorporated. Now this is a community driven guide More suggestions/tips, help make it better

If anyone wonders why the guide is not geared as advice to suzerain's, well, first of all, suzerain's need to be responsible and take colonies after they know how to manage them. Secondly, most people can look at the post and work out reverse ways of dealing with some of it. Conratulations to those, you most likely deserve your colony, wishing you a successful age2 life.

PS: Woldere, u can't send one catapult, you can't even attack your colony there is a 24 hour lockdown on attacking again if you decide to release the colony and attack again :P
    I guess I need to add in the "how to be a decent lord" section.. haha
    Last edited by practicalfool; 05-23-2010 at 12:18 AM.

(c) Ravensigs production
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Haha, I like this guide.

Only 1 thing, If someone would start doing this to me, I would most certainly not leave him alone, but instead give him some special attention. (especially cause of #2 and #3, rest is pretty standard I guess)

Edit: and I'll send you 1 catapult back to keep ur light blinking.

I don't play AgeII but this post makes it seem really fun, lol. Evony should hire u because a lot of ppl dont like to be colonized but u after hearing your take on it i might make a age II account just to fight my colonizer, lol

ty I continue to play for friends like you that make enduring evony a pleasure give me a buzz if you do, the least I can do is supply you up.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Announcement:

1.) The suzerain just needs to post a few troops in each if this happens and the colony will never be able to get anything from it but lost scouts.
    2.) Blocklist.
    3.) You can ignore attacks so the reports wont flash.
    4.) There are quests that involve having to hold a certain amount of cities. Setting production to 0 hurts the colony more than the suzerain.
    5.) That works.
    6.) That will just serve to destroy all defences of the colony and make it harder to uprise in the end.
    7.) This gets annoying for a suzerain. However after so many failed uprisings the colonies do just give in.
    8.) This can work but most colonies do not have relevant informatics and beacon to get a good report.
    9.) They have tried this and it failed.
    10.) That's a good one. A suzerain can not levy your wall defences.
    11.) That is a good one.
    12.) As a suzerain it would deter me from scouting if I knew I would take even a few losses because I don't really care enough to be determined to get a report.
    13.) That is a good idea. I once went through 6 heroes to get one with a base of 69.

If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

hehe.. 1) is awesome, u kno wy?
    lol.. it ties up a rally spot it is hilariously annoying to have to reinforce all ur valleys :P Can't march anything else cuz.... ahahahaa
    3) is gr8, if they do that... lol.. just send a bucketload of them and sneak in a small rainbow that will kill something like cav :P
    9) hehehe.. its a personal experience where it messed up the suz's plans a bit in the end it initiated dialogue and we found common ground
    PS: I would just get rid of a pesky no-good colony and play oldskool if I was annoyed for my own bad behaviour.
    Lets keep helping these peeps get their game back A fighting chance, even if a guerrila's fighting chance

(c) Ravensigs production
    Announcement:

Very entertaining thread. I'm 2 weeks into the game and I haven't declare war on anyone or have been colonize. Just want to know do you have to defeat all of their troops first before you can colonize them?

Also, what is the benefits of colonizing other people, is it just to receive resources only or you get troops, gold and heroes too?

If you are colonized, can another person still attack you? And if so does that mean the suzerain have to protect or not? Thanks.

1. If the 'city' being colonized has gates open either at first attack &/or suppression attack - YES.

2. Resources are the fist benefit. You recurve a tribute. Apart from that you are able to keep a general overview on their city (aka troop numbers, res, heroes). Also, once a day, you can levy some troops from their army to add to your's (the most hated part of being a colony btw). Suzerain can also hurt the colony's heroes.

3. Suzerain has to protect the colony. Period. BUT, they can set the % of troops set to go defend/suppress to Zero and escape that.

I personally think that suzerains and colonies need to work out co-existence and cooperate sinc. They share the same area. It can lead to a really strong territory defence. But some ppl are mean to the little ones. Bullies without any shame. This thread is dedicated to their aid

(c) Ravensigs production
    Announcement:

If you have been colonized and you teleport to another area or state. Do you remain a colony of the suzerain who colonized you?