Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prestige Farming - the Advanced Way (LONG POST)

Default Prestige Farming - the Advanced Way (LONG POST)

Hey guys
    Just before we start - I hold NO responsibility for the idea upon which this technique was built on. I found the idea on the forums a while back. As far as I can tell Capella was the founder of his idea, and his first thread about it can be found at http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=97670. I merely took this technique and played with the setup and troop mix in order to find the most effective prestige farming technique available.

Okay, now that's out the way, let's dive in! This technique is by far the fastest way to gain prestige. If you have even just one amazing hero and a good army this can get around 1.3 million prestige per hour. The only limitation is your army size! This method is by no means difficult, but requires time, effort, good diplomacy skills, and a MAJOR amount of setting up. Is it worth it? You decide...

The results of my first prestige run. I gained around 5.2 million prestige in five hours.

The premise of this idea is that all prestige you gain for anything is divided by the total level of all of your Town Halls in all of your cities. If you have three cities, with Town Halls level 3, 9 and 10, any prestige you get has a divisor of 22. If you have ten cities, all with Lv10 Town Halls, you have a divisor of 100. That means that with one Town Hall, and a level 1 at that, you get the maximum amount of prestige for anything.

Now, there are five ways to gain prestige. Each is effective in their own way.
    1) Building and research. These are effective yet limited, and very time consuming.
    2) Troop production. This are mainly the most effective way of gaining prestige, as this are effectively limitless. If you have just one city and a Lv2 Town Hall, making one archer nets you 3.5 prestige
    3) Fortification production. These are only limited to the walls in your cities. If you have just one city and a Lv2 Town Hall, making one Archer Tower gets approximately 13.63 prestige.
    4) Comforting. A lot of smaller, newer players will tell you that Prayer is fast prestige - it isn't. Simply. The gold is much more valuable.
    5) Combat against NPCs and Valleys. Valleys are not quite as effective, but NPCs are where the premise of this idea lies.

Now, one thing that needs to be said here is that the prestige you get from combat depends on the level of the NPC you're attacking. Attacking a Lv10 gives more prestige-per-loss than a Lv9. Plus, the more losses you have, the more prestige you get. Now, battle report showoff time:

One of my larger prestige-gaining attacks of my first prestige run. The hero I used here had 253 attack, and this was my second attack of this run.

The prestige gain on that attack calculates to around 11.6 prestige per archer lost (not including the layers). At its most effective this method can produce around 13.5 prestige per archer lost. The troop setup I used here is, as far as I can tell, the most efficient for the resources you lose.

City placement is a big part of this method. Because your town will only have a Level 1 Town Hall, this means you will not have an academy, or the speed bonus from Compass. This means it will take 5 minutes one-way to attack an NPC one mile away, 7 minutes to attack an NPC 1.4 miles away, and 10 minutes one-way to attack an NPC 2 miles away. Because NPCs take an hour to fully regenerate their troops and defences, you can hit them once every 60 minutes. If you manage to find a city with four Lv10 NPCs one mile away, and one Lv10 NPC two miles away, that is the perfect setup, as to hit all five of these would take a total of 60 minutes if you only use one hero.

So, let's build this new city! It is a very strange city to build: you need to keep the Town Hall at Level 1, you will need a Level 10 Rally Spot, it is also recommended to have a Level 10 Feasting Hall (i kept mine at Lv9 for my first run, hoping to win a mickey script along the way). I also put a Level 9 Beacon Tower, a Level 1 Marketplace (just incase I needed to buy food in an emergency) and a single Level 1 Barrack. Yes, there's one thing missing from most cities - having a Level 1 Town Hall means you have no academy, and therefore, no combat technologies. This does NOT mean you will lose every attack. You will incur more losses than usual, but this is not a problem. And contrary to most people's thoughts, you cannot get around this by conquering a Level 1 NPC city, which does have an academy. Because you cannot upgrade the academy, you only have the Agriculture, Lumbering and Military Science technologies, which do not help.

My city arrangement for my first prestige run.

Now, the only thing left to cover is the hero and the army! When I did my first prestige run my hero started at Level 126, with 253 Attack. The army you need has to take into account the following:
    1) You will be losing, on average, 16000 Archers, 4350 Warriors, 4350 Pikement, 4350 Swordsmen and 4000 Scouts, after medic camp, if you have a Penicillin on.
    2) Each attack you send will gain an average of around 240k prestige with my setup, so figure out how much prestige you hope to gain, then figure out how many attacks you want to send. Say, I want to gain 5 million prestige - I would need to send 21 attacks for this.
    So, to figure out the army you need, multiply the number of attacks you want to send minus one, by the troop numbers in point 1, and then add 78k Archers, 5k Warriors, Pike and Sword, and 7k Scouts. So, for 21 attacks, I would need the following:
    (20*16000)+78000 = 398,000 Archers
    (20*4350)+5000 = 92,000 Warriors
    (20*4350)+5000 = 92,000 Pikemen
    (20*4350)+5000 = 92,000 Swordsmen
    (20*4000)+7000 = 87,000 Scouts

So, you have the city, you have the army, you have the heroes... Now what? First of all you need to load your staging city with hours worth of food and gold. I totally trust the players who were holding my cities for me while I did my run, so I did not move my lumber/stone/iron out, this would have wasted time. What you then need to do is move ALL of your troops to your staging city, with as much food as they can carry. Next thing to do is to get rid of your other cities - you do NOT need to abandon them! I got friends of mine to get themselves kicked out of their alliance and then conquer my cities. Yes, you do need to tear down whatever you have in your walls, and yes, that does suck. This method isn't without its risks.

Before you give away any cities, you need to remember two important factors: Heroes and Valleys. Whenever a city is conquered all valleys tied to it become free. So it is recommended that a friend one-scout-captures your valleys from you. If you have a Level 10 Feasting Hall in your staging city you can move your ten best heroes here; the others can either be dismissed, or used in one-scout-attacks against a friend's wall so they capture them.

Once you have given out your cities, you're ready to start! It is recommended you have a friend who can scout the Lv10 NPCs for you before you start, as I have lost a whole attack hitting a Lv49 hero who must have had a high attack stat. A Level 30 or so hero should be fine.

Something to note before you send any attacks out: Stick on a warhorn, a corselet, and a Penicillin. All of these seem to increase your prestige-per-loss and make the method overall much more effective. For every attack in my run I sent the following:
    78,000 Archers
    5,000 Pikemen
    5,000 Swordsmen
    5,000 Warriors
    7,000 Scouts
    And my best attack hero. You do not need an amazing hero for this, my first attack with this method was with a 253-attack hero. This seems to be a good range for average prestige - lower losses with a 300-attack hero give a lot less prestige per loss, and higher losses with a 200-attack hero actually gave me similar prestige, meaning less prestige per loss.

Now, as I said before this method does have multiple drawbacks.
    1) You lose a LOT of troops doing this. Not enough to be able to necessarily defend your cities from anybody who takes a fancy to them while you try to rebuild.
    2) You have to tear down the fortifications in your walls to give your cities away. You are in a VERY vulnerable state while rebuilding.
    3) Oh boy do you get a lot of publicity. My first run took me from Rank 1031 to Rank 4 in less than five hours. My name and coordinates were ALL OVER world chat for the best part of three days, and less than an hour after I finished I had 80 mails and countless pages of whispers. You ever want to be an Evony celebrity? This is how!

Well, I hope you learn a lot from this guide. Any questions just reply to this - please do not quote this entire post if you have to quote anything at all.
    Last edited by AEtherchild; 02-28-2010 at 01:43 PM.

im attempting this with a level 7 rally spot and 180hero attack lol wish me luck imma sending lots of waves though hehe, nice hit though

By the amazing Luda

If you're doing that with no techs I doubt it'd work to be honest. Even with all combat technologies at Level 10, I don't think a 180-attack hero could win even from a war-ensigned Lv7 Rally Spot. Good luck though, if you do try it let me know how it goes.

Props on this post man. Very well written and explained. + rep for sure.

good stuff man

Default woooow

thats nuts! well done for that post, cheers

I dont think i'll do it, as i was getting 50k per day doin the warrior technique, thats enough for me! but its interesting how you get round the TH, one city thing!

If prest is what your shooting for, seems this is the best way. I remember not too long ago everyone was dropping in and out of their alliance to drop their prest. Now everyone wants to max it out. Does this qualify as the evony completion of life circle?

My friend did this with 5million archers and gained about 8 mil prestige out of it.
    I still have a town of his and some heroes sitting in my account.

He shot from rank 40 to rank 1, with 3mil extra prestige above the #2 guy.
    Aliases: Ancient, Parkison, Sarcastro
    Aliances: Karnage, WAR, PRIDE
    Servers: w1, s39, s48 (SS10), s65, ageii beta
    Quote Originally Posted by pier117
    If you dance around naked a mod will come by and respond.
    Please use Grammar and Punctuation!

Rep me if I helped.

He only got 8mil prestige out of 5mil archers? With enough pike/sword/war/scout he should have gained closer to 60mil out of it.

He stopped prestige farming half way through.. He wanted to still have defenses for all his towns... and just at least be #1 for a while.
    Aliases: Ancient, Parkison, Sarcastro
    Aliances: Karnage, WAR, PRIDE
    Servers: w1, s39, s48 (SS10), s65, ageii beta
    Quote Originally Posted by pier117
    If you dance around naked a mod will come by and respond.
    Please use Grammar and Punctuation!

Rep me if I helped.