Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honor dropping in detail

Default honor drop per (units killed - units healed)

The following plot summarizes which regions of (their honor / your honor) are good and bad for dropping honor. The red curve shows the relative honor drop per unit killed when taking into account how many units you can heal. The 20% heal range (yellow) from 0.1 to 0.5 is a good place to drop honor. The best you can do is in the green area from 0.5 to 0.571 with the best being just higher than 0.5. The 40% heal and the region just left of the 40% heal (cyan), as well as the 50% heal are all very bad for dropping honor. The very worst way to drop honor is to attack someone who has zero honor or to have a friend with 0 honor attack you.

A simple rule to follow:

Look to drop honor where (their honor / your honor) is less than about 0.65 but not zero.

Last edited by dxter; 12-15-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Good work as always dxter. Might I suggest editting your first post to contain all relevant information?

Feel free to edit and then use my outlined formula if you wish.

Really useful post. +rep for you

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I hope with all my heart you are not stupid enough to believe the nonsense your spewing with your fingertips via keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I tell people they do well when they do well. It's not my fault people are stupid.

Very nice. Thx for the answer to my question..
    Now i got another one lol

What would the effect of penicillin be? since it scales with heal rate.

5. Default

I have never tested this to see how true it is. What is the difference in killing off troops to dump honor to get a better heal rate, and just not healing as many back........it seems to me that it will eventually equal out over a couple weeks of either way. Dont get me wrong there are time when you should always drop your honor for a specific attack........like if you are planning on a big mech wave attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefifty View Post
    What would the effect of penicillin be? since it scales with heal rate.
    Good question. I'm pretty sure that the boundaries for max honor drop percentage don't change, but I or someone else needs to verify this. However the honor drop per unit killed does change with penicillin. Below is a new plot for penicillin. It tends to magnify the differences in the different heal rate groups. It also expands the break even ranges in the 39% range. With penicillin, in the 39% range, the break even point with 26% heal increases to th/yh = 0.61, and the break even point with the 13% heal increases to th/yh = 0.71. So with penicillin you might use the generalization:

With penicillin look to drop honor where (their honor / your honor) is less than about 0.71 but not zero.

Last edited by dxter; 12-15-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: rewording

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineR34VSpec View Post
    I have never tested this to see how true it is. What is the difference in killing off troops to dump honor to get a better heal rate, and just not healing as many back........it seems to me that it will eventually equal out over a couple weeks of either way. Dont get me wrong there are time when you should always drop your honor for a specific attack........like if you are planning on a big mech wave attack.
    I've wondered about this too. I'd like to apply some numbers to the question at some point. One important variable though is that you can get rid of honor under more controlled situations where you can optimize the (honor drop / per troop resource) or troop build time. This might make it worth while. If you were selective with who you attack as your honor increases that could make a big difference in troops savings also. At some point you might want to go and shed the honor under more controlled circumstances and start all over. Of course, most people waste most of their troops on poor attacks anyway But again some numbers need to be looked at. If the numbers say it is worth while then you should probably be continually dropping honor back in your home state using your favorite method while your war city battles on with surgical attacks Good comment!
    Last edited by dxter; 08-27-2010 at 12:38 PM.

How does this work in reverse?

If I am not honour dropping but honour gaining by killing someone?

will the percentage of maxium honour gained have the same relationship, or be reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfShield View Post
    How does this work in reverse?

If I am not honour dropping but honour gaining by killing someone?

will the percentage of maxium honour gained have the same relationship, or be reversed?
    Reversed, because your honor gain will be the same as their honor loss. But since you want to gain as little honor as possible you would still want to follow the same strategy (in terms of th/yh) as you would for dropping honor. Note that the only way to gain honor by attacking is to kill all of their troops in 100 rounds or less and to kill more of their troops honor-wise than they kill of yours. This is not the case for the majority of attacks and you end up either loosing honor or gaining zero honor. A funny thing happens here also if YOU have zero honor. They will get 25% max honor drop so you will get 25% max honor gain (plus 50% heal). So, in this situation having zero honor would be much better than having, say, 1 honor (where you would get 100% honor gain if they had a bit of honor).
    Last edited by dxter; 08-29-2010 at 08:09 AM.