Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonization & Atlantis

Default Colonization & Atlantis

Colonization & Atlantis.

Yeah, time for your favorite forum poster to shed some thoughts on Colonization, Atlantis and Drafting. This is coming to you live, from Japan, in a hot muggy basement room at my inlaws house while I await my first child to be born 3 weeks from now.

Two alliances have conquered Atlantis in the last week. Alliance FEAR and Alliance Vengence. What does this mean? Is it end game? Are we now done?
    No. This is just the beginning.

First, playing while colonized. Hm, if I am not mistaken the owner of Atlantis has colonized the entire server. That means that every player on the server is now effected. Atlantis can draft and set policies on any player no matter where they are. What this means is that if you are not the owner of Atlantis or in the same alliance as the owner of Atlantis then you are a colony. Yes, a colony. Which means you are colonized. Which means all players on the server need to start playing as if they are colonized in order to protect their troops and heros. As well as learn how to build up in the process. So once someone captures Atlantis guess what? Playing while colonized is the only way to play if you are not the Atl owner or in the Atl alliance. So learn how to play from a colonized position.

About Atlantis. Once Atlantis is captured on a server it is the beginning of the Age II game, not the end. It is the beginning of a whole new style of play. Suddenly it becomes much more PvP as players who are now under the shadow of Atlantis try to overthrow the owner. This is when the real fun starts.
    If anyone quits the game just because they or their alliance was not first to capture Atlantis then that would be very sad to see. Somebody needs to be first. That's life. But now King of the Hill can begin and we can try to topple the person on top of the moutain. I don't know if you guys played king of the hill when you were kids but I did. And it was fun.

Another point about Atlantis is this: Why on earth would the alliance that owns Atlantis want to be friendly with everyone or have sister alliances? If I owned Atlantis I would keep a small strong group of players in the alliance to defend it. Everyone else would be fair game for drafting. If the entire server joined my alliance what fun would that be? We would have no enemies.

Also, expect for human nature to begin to take hold after Atlantis is capped. Betrayal, abandonment, greed, jealousy, etc... "Bobby gets to be king of the hill, why can't I?!?!?" Expect more rebellions from sister alliances and even those within the alliance.

A final thought is this.... Having an owner of Atlantis is normal for a developed, mature Age II server. This is how the game is supposed to be. And players join the server, build up and try to dethrone the king of the hill.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

congratz on the baby

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post

Another point about Atlantis is this: Why on earth would the alliance that owns Atlantis want to be friendly with everyone or have sister alliances?

If the entire server joined my alliance what fun would that be? We would have no enemies.
    First, congrats on the baby. Someone in my alliance just gave birth to a baby girl. Now, this statement....actually agree with this idea (among the few).

NA18, Zero alliance. Here you will find the best example of this concept. But it's not about prestige, no not at all. It's about the knowledge that fellow members can offer. I am surprised at how many regular members were previous hosts for top alliances on other servers. In this case, knowledge is power.

Also, I was under the impression that atlantis still has a limited number of drafts. If one got 10% troop production from everyone that would probably break the server. Hope I am not assuming wrongly. So, again it's just choice of words with an actual understanding of how things work.

Thanks Shinigami.
    Yeah, maybe poor choice of words. But Atlantis does have a limited number of policies it can do per day.
    During the initial learning stages of this game, the learning curves and the initial conquers of Atlantis I expect them to stick together. But I think the alliances will start to break apart as players get more comfortable with Age II. They will want to break away from the "mother ship" and start their own gangs.
    Last edited by japanpimp; 08-28-2010 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

. But I think the alliances will start to break apart as players get more comfortable with Age II. They will want to break away from the "mother ship" and start their own gangs.
    any evidence to support your theory?

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by *jdm* View Post
    any evidence to support your theory?
    JP.... evidence..?

Those are two words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence, ever.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Two alliances have conquered Atlantis in the last week. Alliance FEAR and Alliance Vengence. What does this mean? Is it end game? Are we now done?
    No. This is just the beginning.
    I think you may not understand what endgame means.....endgame is a term used in many MMO's and it has nothing to do with the game being done.

If I owned Atlantis.
    lol, the things I see on forum x.x
    Ram - Catapult + Ram/Cataphract x Calvary -((-Archer) Cataphract) + Warrior^2 x Pikemen^3 - Worker(Swordmen)/Transporter + Ballista((-Scout)(Cataphract - Calvary^2)Archer) - Cataphract^7 = Horsebow.
    [omkitshuy]: anyone worth recruiting is a person worth farming
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...32#post1391632

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    JP.... evidence..?

Those are two words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence, ever.

they shouldn't even be used in the same post

Quote Originally Posted by [PyV] View Post
    lol, the things I see on forum x.x
    He is perfectly entitled to use the word "if" because the rest of his sentence is about what he would do in the event of him owning Atlantis. You shouldn't really "lol" at someone simply because they used an English word to show that what they are about to say is hypothetical. It would be different if he said "when" - but he didn't.

Besides japanpimp has already received his fair share of hating already...

Some of it was deserved but not all of it.
    ^Sigpic courtesy of Thorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Wholey
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.