Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to inactive, low-pres accounts: Beginner worlds/servers.

Default Solution to inactive, low-pres accounts: Beginner worlds/servers.

Please don't comment that it is often suggested to delete the inactive players to make room on the map, read my suggestion before thinking it is another pointless thread.

I'm a vice-host on server fr1, and I get a lot of question from some members why those accounts can't be deleted, I tell them that Evony won't 'because they want to give those players the opportunity to continue playing their account if they want to try it again after some time'. They reply this: "They will never come back, so what's the point? And if they do, they'll probably make a new account. If it concerns a bigger player, he can be colonized so that is no problem, there is some use for that. If they come back, they'll probably have no troops left and want to reset because nobody likes to start a game while being under control of a suzerain."
    This morning (I'm from Belgium so I am about 7-8-9 hours ahead of America) I reminded something from Runescape, a very long time ago. I think I don't need to explain what Runescape is. Anyway, when you start on Runescape, you start with a tutorial on a separate world. If you complete that tutorial, you can enter the real world.
    Now, my suggestion is: why not make some kind of beginner world, where accounts are deleted after a week or so. The beginners can get to know the game, and if they don't like it they quit and they don't pollute the map with villages that are never to be used again. If they complete the tutorial (or reach some amount of prestige, they can be placed into the 'real' game.
    What do you guys think?

Its great idea-first 7 days u can live in baby server,then if ur town hall reached lvl5 u can be transfered to reall server,or ur prstg is 10k or anything else which proves that guy is playing.

But u can forget about this becouse evony will not change anything.They cant handle with double acc,acc spambots,dont wait for them to start listening to what community wants.

I know they only use very few ideas that are proposed here... But I can always try to be someone who created one of these few ideas

I don't see this solving the inactive problem at all and here is why. This Beginner/baby server would be populated by people all around the same level of skill and power. When they enter the "real" game and get pounced on by someone many many many times there power level and experience level it will cause many of them to quiting out of furstration just as they are now.

"People once believed, that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes the crow could bring that soul back to put the wrong things right"

I don't really think so...
    First of all: new players start in a new ageII server, there are big players there but no giants yet. They can of course change server, but I don't think a real beginner is aware of that.
    Second, Most beginners don't look at the statistics untill they finish the tutorial, so they aren't really aware of big players.
    Third: There will always be very big players, if it causes them to stop when they would be transferred to the 'real' game, they'd stop too if they start there from the beginning.
    And last: If you really want to, you can make them aware of the big players outside, and mention in the guide that they'll have to work on their defence to be ready when beginner protection expires.

I'd also like to add something to my suggestion: maybe the tutorial could be extended a bit, now it shows how to build buidings, recruit hero's and appoint a mayor, and how to increase your production. Oh, and of course it also shows how to use the wheel of fortune. I was thinking about adding a part about the barracks, adademy, walls and alliances, because a lot of noobs don't know anything about those researches and are wondered why they lose when their tech is all at level 3 while attacking a NPC lvl 5...

I Really think this is a strongly and good idea.. i belive we all now that these acct can be of a pain when they land into ur NPC field when they end of quiting in the next 2-3 they waste Space for farming and every player also hates..

i belive strongly that Evony needs 2 have somthing like this a baby sever sounds like a resonable idea.. and a fair one also to see if ppl i just seeing the game or really want to play on it.

7. Default

Well, I really hate those like 50 prestige accounts, come on they never got their package (PFL i think).... yet they just clog the map, are they ever going to come back if:
    a) Their playing time was like 2 minutes
    b) Their prestige hasnt gone up in MONTHS UPON MONTHS, however they paid evony a measly 5 bucks to be on here clogging the maps FORRRREEEEEVVER

Now all these accounts spamming up the map are more servers needed for evony, whereas someone can start an account on an older server... And Evony, lets emphasize this:
    DO-NOT-DELETE-NPCs..... people in our alliance are struggling to not refuge, take out NPCs and they are dead.

Baby Server Idea: Yeah, another requirement could be loggin on for 3 consecutive days... however if they go, say, 1 year inactive, no raising prestige AT ALL, they aint coming back evony... its reality.
    Reality Check:
    Those people came on for only the first quest, then left.... all the spam accounts on servers means Evony has to buy more servers, costing them in the long run a lot of money.now if they could reuse the servers and just merge them-less maintenance-cheaper maintenance-happy players. Isn't that what Evony's mission is?
    Last edited by LordMac123; 08-28-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

8. Default

Very cool idea, but it would cost too much money and too much man power to hold a seperate server for the people still in bp, you would have to have twice as many servers to maintain and fix problems in!
    I have yet to see a burn out that rivals the Skyline
    Heres a video of a bad burnout

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2qsj4Tzm0

OMFG! INGENIOUS!!! This needs to be done! It would put a fix to a TON of thinfake multis. The tons of multi accounts, the inactive fake noobs, the fake accounts to clutter the servers, the people 100 person alliances out of 100 different accounts and never go above like 3k prestige per account etc etc. It would add a level of recruiting and stuff for players that go there to train the noobs and recruit them to there server/alliance when they get out of BP. 3days inactive in this server and you get kicked, no L5 TH after, say two weeks, you get kicked, less than 5k troops after say, one week, you get kicked. It would lower all the fake spam accounts and stuff because the person has to put some work into every single one to stay alive. Also, if there is a family playing, then each person will be building and stuff. If the person just doesn't do anything to his alts they get deleted, or he does stuff with them and they stay. ~~Bump
    Awaiting sig from the only raven with wings...
    Error: DeadKnight's sig is to awesome for you to view right now..

@Skyline: it will definitely cost a lot of manpower, but if they can launch a new server several times a month I don't think that should be such a big problem
    @DeadKnight: wow, that is pretty excited thnx