Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /[CHAT] Host Announcement

Default /[CHAT] Host Announcement

I think evony should bring in a new chat feature on alliance chat for hosts where they can say an announcement. E.G. a makey uppy piece from the mod alliance

<1:01>[Dawnseeker]: yeah i know
    <1:01>[Ghost101]: we'll get em tomorrow

{Announcement}<1:02>[Boleslav]: ok everyone Logrus's loyalty is at 5 keep sending loyalty waves until it hits 0
    <1:03>[Dawnseeker]:i was thinking of getting a haircut
    <1:03>[Ghost101]: ok will do bole (i saw your post because it stands out better)

You like me, I like rep, You know what to do,
    HIT THEM SCALES
    Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Eww, coffee is icky.
    I once drank a cup of WD40, that didn't end so well...

I like it !!

I think that is pretty much the same as a simplified, even shorter version of a group message, and the length of a group message is already short. It might be useful for such short announcements to implement a feature like that, but when my alliance is doing stuff like bringing down some loyalty with several people, we don't talk about other stuff on chat, so I'm not a big fan of this idea...

i like the idea it would help hosts out a lot +rep for the idea
    SS1 FreeMen 10 mill prestige and growing

5. Default

Well with the way the title was, I thought it meant something that i had heard lots of ideas for...
    Heres what I was thinking:
    A Host/Vh only chat channel so they can talk to other hosts about, oh i dont know....
    Anyways, great idea too, hadnt though of it that way before.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

i like that idea i think it would work rlly well

I think it's not a bad idea, sometimes I've found in the past when the chat digresses or you have something important to impart to your alliance you can't make yourself heard!!

The group message system is great for when you have detailed information but total waste if it's only a matter of a word or 2 or really only affects those on line at that particular moment. +rep

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast2 View Post
    I think that is pretty much the same as a simplified, even shorter version of a group message, and the length of a group message is already short. It might be useful for such short announcements to implement a feature like that, but when my alliance is doing stuff like bringing down some loyalty with several people, we don't talk about other stuff on chat, so I'm not a big fan of this idea...
    Speaking of group message, its a little less umm whats the word........ notification.

That red message would only show to the people who are online at the time the host sends the "Announcement" whereas a group message sends to absolutely everyone in the alliance.

L-M-1-2-3

PS: grrr morgan you copied me.. lol

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Good idea, maybe the host's messages should just appear in green or red or whatever permanently. That way there wouldn't be much work put into it. But maybe a color other than red, because of war declarations. But I like it, +rep
    Ram - Catapult + Ram/Cataphract x Calvary -((-Archer) Cataphract) + Warrior^2 x Pikemen^3 - Worker(Swordmen)/Transporter + Ballista((-Scout)(Cataphract - Calvary^2)Archer) - Cataphract^7 = Horsebow.
    [omkitshuy]: anyone worth recruiting is a person worth farming
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...32#post1391632

Quote Originally Posted by [PyV] View Post
    Good idea, maybe the host's messages should just appear in green or red or whatever permanently. That way there wouldn't be much work put into it. But maybe a color other than red, because of war declarations. But I like it, +rep
    yeah i hadnt thought of that maybe black/green

thnx to all who thought this was a good idea,
    but the beast2, *tuts*
    You like me, I like rep, You know what to do,
    HIT THEM SCALES
    Eww, coffee is icky.
    I once drank a cup of WD40, that didn't end so well...