Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Evocalc Replacement Tool

Default Evocalc Replacement Tool v2.0 - Combat from start to finish

Evocalc Replacement Tool

Spoiler Alter ***** IF YOU LIKE TO RANDOMLY SEND TROOPS AND DON?T WANT TO BE ABLE TO PRECISELY FIGURE OUT YOUR LAYERS, AND DO SO QUICKLY, DO NOT READ THIS GUIDE *****

This is meant to replace that horribly inaccurate tool that many people like to use, called ?Evocalc.? This tool will move units, select target, calculate kills, remove dead, go to the next round and keep going. This spreadsheet uses Microsoft Excel and can be used in Microsoft Starter (the free version.) If someone wants to take the time to put this in Google Spreadsheet like others have done on here, more power to you, but I could not get it to upload correctly and didn?t feel like redoing parts of this again. I have compiled this using my movement guides, Birtle?s combat equations, as well as some other tips and tricks picked up along the way from both experience and other people. This was not a short project in creating this, and I am sure that there is still probably an error or two in it, so please don?t use this the first day it is posted to send a couple million archers; Wait a couple days for it to be tested by a broader spectrum of people. I finished this yesterday, and sent it to three knowledgeable Age2 people for testing. I have not had any bugs reported back to me as of yet at the time of this posting. If you do find a bug, please let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP.

To start, I will explain how to use the tool. The first picture below is the input section, located at the top-left portion of the spreadsheet. The only numbers that are meant to be altered in this spreadsheet are highlighted in blue. In the first picture it shows where you put in Attacker and Defender ?Attack? value, ?Intellect? value, ?MT? (Military Tradition in %), ?IW? (Iron Working in %), and ?Medicine? (in %.) If you have a War Horn applied, add 20 the corresponding heroes attack.

There are a few assumptions that are made in this spreadsheet. If you do not meet these assumptions, you should not use this spreadsheet as a combat calculator unless you alter the coding to allow for them. This spreadsheet assumes the following:
    NO Compact Defenses (shorter than normal fields stemming from no wall defenses besides Archer Towers,)
    Level 10 walls (more range for defenders,) Level 10 Archery Compass and Horseback Riding for both attacker and defender
    Neither have Buxom Wenches buff from facebook (alters movement speed and unit life)
    No Corselet on (didn?t account for this because once you are hit in big combat, you are normally 1 shot either way)
    The kill calculator does not account for damage from wall defenses besides Archer Towers. When entering in initial troop totals, it is a good idea to remove approximately 5% of each unit type to account for this. You should also make sure your layers are large enough that they do not die to wall defenses before providing their layering.

The next picture shows the combat input. As previously stated, things meant to be altered are highlighted in BLUE. The starting unit count is highlighted in blue, as seen below. This were where you input how many troops you sent, remembering to account for wall defense damage (5% is probably a bit large, but adds towards conservatism.) Attacker units are placed on the left, and defenders units are placed on the right, as labeled on the top of the picture. Blank spaces work just as well as a 0 when inputting how many troops are attacking/defending.

Unit nomenclature is as follows:
    If the first letter is A it means it is an attacker
    If the first letter is a D it means it is a defenders unit
    As for the second letter
    O ? Worker
    W ? Warrior
    P ? Pikeman
    S ? Swordsman
    A ? Archer
    C ? Cavarly
    Ph ? Cataphract
    B ? Ballista
    R ? Battering Ram
    Cat ? Catapult
    T ? Archer Tower
    The next picture explains how to read the results of each round. The top of the picture shows the movement of each unit type. Attacker is on the left, starting at position 0, and the defender is on the right, starting at position 5200. I know this is backwards from what most of yall do, but this is how I got used to it before I knew that. The first number next to the unit type is their location on the field, and the next number is the furthest location they can reach (their max range.) Units that are not present in the initial round, as well as ones that all die off in previous rounds are highlighted in black to easier show the remaining unit?s movements. The middle of the picture shows what units attack what. Cells in the middle of the picture that are highlighted dark green, are units that deal damage in that round (if located on the left half of the round columns), or units that have died during that round (if located on the right half of the round columns.) If multiple units attack the same unit type in the same round, the total of all the attacks will be accounted for in the deaths column. On the bottom of the picture, it shows how many troops are remaining for each side, and of each type at the end of that round. The numbers will be used for the start of combat in the following round.

The next picture shows the final combat results. This is located directly below the assumptions on the spreadsheet (which are below hero/tech inputs and are highlighted in yellow.) The numbers represent how many units die by the end of combat (or after 20 rounds? 20 rounds will cover most scenarios). In this picture it is saying that the attacker lost 2k Pikes and Swords, as well as 92k Archers. This means the entire wave was killed, assuming it was a 100k wave, and 4k archers were removed to account for wall defenses. This wave killed 73,290 Swords, 42,807 Archers, and 108,444 Cavalry.

I have protected the spreadsheet but gave it no password. I did this to keep people from accidently changing code, but if you wish to look at the code, there are about 350 hidden rows located directly below what you can see in the spreadsheet (Rows 59-418.) It can be unlocked and altered all you want then. If you need more than 20 rounds, you will need to copy entire columns, and keep the same spacing all the way through. You can add as many rounds as Excel has room for. Please keep in mind by adding more rounds, the Kill total located in the previous picture will only be the kill total through round 20.

I hosted this file on google docs because it is ~500 kb when compressed and the limit on these forums is 97 kb for a compressed file. I?m sure if I was efficient at all with my coding it would have been close to that limit, but my skills in this are very limited.

If you like the guide, I always enjoy +REP, free beer, or an HH donation =O.... would also appreciate it if it isnt "tested" on attacking me =)
    Last edited by AeroAgg06; 09-23-2010 at 11:08 PM.

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Its Pretty much the best combat calculator available, great job.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

yeah, i took you up on some of the feedback... protected all but input area, froze the pain so the hero info and total kills are always able to be seen, and put full name in final kill box...

Hope this helps everyone a lot, and i hope people dont use this to attack me lol

very nice good sir

Nice buddy. I did break it once yesterday but didnt have time to recreate it, either way its very close to perfect, and much better then what was out there! GREAT JOB.

yeah, the one i sent to yall didnt have ranged hitting ATs right, but i fixed that this morning

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroAgg06 View Post
    yeah, the one i sent to yall didnt have ranged hitting ATs right, but i fixed that this morning
    Heh Yeah, something I noticed also, actually the AT Damage is only thing that I think is wrong, not that its to high or anything but the distance mainly, this is given from the reports on Historic Cities using Ballista to finish, it takes 29 rounds for the Ballista to get there at minimum, yet they never seem to take a shot from the Archer Towers, not sure if that means the tower range is just a lot shorter or not.

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

omgomgomg

and +rep the moment it allows me to give you again

EDIT:
    Testing this: http://evonyurl.com/5rb2h7
    Result I got (after inputting 349 as D INT): 114270 dead pikes (only 20 off), exact ammount dead cavs (with any int or att from 300 to 350).
    A-Hero att 380, int 83

This rocks, I will test it more but so far, this is bloody AWESOME!

ps. It may help: Whoever can't open this format and doesn't have a buddy to change the format, get openoffice - which is free - to do your job.
    Last edited by TakisPanou; 09-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Don't upset me; I am running out of places to hide the bodies
    Masterclass - ALL1
    Bolesig!
    Historical Cities :0 0 0 2 <-1337

Yes this is cool indeed. The good thing is that I just found it and it agrees with some waves I have marching now but sent before I found it lol.

I would almost recall everything to fine-tune it... almost :-))

rep to you !
    DeVerm

Default Amazing

I was actually working on automating the earlier spreadsheet you put out before, and was selfishly going to keep it for myself.

This is amazing work and a great gift to anyone willing to download and learn it.