Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: September 25: Camp Time and Holiday Mode Changes

Default Lost but not found

I recently buught a happness package. opened it got the items. Had some game coins left so last night around 02:00 I used the coins to buy a sm medal chest so I could get some needed rose medals. To my shock and dismay I got booted when I opened the box. When I got signed back in I had no medals or the game coin I spent for the chest. Please fix the game bugs. not things that are not that important atm.

IGN: Rattler

actually, the holiday mode bug was important,,,

that is a very good change ' much appreciated...now the pain in da azz super special 1 worker 1 transport attack is pretty much scre*ed lolzzzz

I think that choosing between the aforementioned material (racism, profanity, nazism) and spongebob squarepants is a highly exaggerated extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post

Here are the most recent game updates:

September 25

World
    • Changed: Maximum camp time for troops is now 24 hours.
    • Changed: Players may now enter Holiday Mode while under attack, however incoming attacks will still hit.

If this works, this will be wonderful and a long overdue change. I'll see if we have anyone in our alliance that can test.

I can see it's importance in that everyone has a real life and if under attack and unable to stay with the game..(to go to work, school, etc.) this allows you to step out of the game and take care of business. Unfortunately, in reality it will be abused buy those who wish to avoid being attacked. Thanks Evony for preserving your revenue stream yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by SirW o G View Post
    I can see it's importance in that everyone has a real life and if under attack and unable to stay with the game..(to go to work, school, etc.) this allows you to step out of the game and take care of business. Unfortunately, in reality it will be abused buy those who wish to avoid being attacked. Thanks Evony for preserving your revenue stream yet again.
    The abuse of the holiday mode system was not being done by who you insist. Petty 1-city accounts would fire up 400+ hour 1 transporter and 1 ballista attacks, for the sole purpose of trying to make sure that the person could not use the function. There were no other attacks made, so the lengthy attacking was not being made to "hide" other attacks. What was being done was purely an abuse / exploit of the game to try to harrass / grief other players.

As someone has said, Truce already allowed you to activate during inbound attacks. All that has been done is to make Holiday match the behavior of Truce.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    Petty 1-city accounts would fire up 400+ hour 1 transporter and 1 ballista attacks, for the sole purpose of trying to make sure that the person could not use the function. There were no other attacks made, so the lengthy attacking was not being made to "hide" other attacks. What was being done was purely an abuse / exploit of the game to try to harrass / grief other players.

This part of your response nothing to do with Holiday mode....so why write it in response to mine which had nothing to do with the camp time issue?

As to holiday vs. truce...only real difference is no upkeep on holiday. Much more attractive alternative than truce. It will be abused and anyone who doesn't think so has not played long.

Quote Originally Posted by OpusPrime View Post
    I recently buught a happness package. opened it got the items. Had some game coins left so last night around 02:00 I used the coins to buy a sm medal chest so I could get some needed rose medals. To my shock and dismay I got booted when I opened the box. When I got signed back in I had no medals or the game coin I spent for the chest. Please fix the game bugs. not things that are not that important atm.

IGN: Rattler
    I'm sorry for your loss, hun, I really and truly am. But this holiday mode thing was a lot more widespread than what has happened to you. Therefore it concerned a much greater segment of the evony community and was more in need of being changed. Yeah, your problem sux and should be addressed, but this thread just ain't the place to put it.

As a victim of the 104+ hour attacks, I am jumping for joy on this one. THANK YOU EVONY PEEPS!!

Oh, and @ SirW o G, learn to send all your attacks in a slam-bam-thank you ma'am sorta fashion and holiday mode won't save em. Besides, anybody who has "played long" as you put it knows that holiday mode sux in other ways that truce doesn't. At least in truce you can sell your rez for food, farm valleys, continue research, troop builds, and buildings. Holiday just freezes you for a minimum of two days' time. If you force your enemy into holiday mode, you can easily consider yourself to have won. They will not be rebuilding troops like they could in truce. They will not be growing like everyone else. They will have lost whatever stuff was queued up that they had to cancel...and best of all, when they decide to come out of holiday, they will be in exactly the state they were in when they left. Meanwhile, you have had time to build more troops and better heroes. IMO, these new holiday mode enemies might be annoying, but they're not as bad as truce or porting.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I hope with all my heart you are not stupid enough to believe the nonsense your spewing with your fingertips via keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I tell people they do well when they do well. It's not my fault people are stupid.

I guess I want to play on your server. On mine it takes well over an hour minimum to cap a city. Wham bam thank you ma'am only works until you get to 15 loyalty or under. Unless of course your just a farmer and take some resources and go. We generally like to cap our opponents city before claiming victory

This part of your response nothing to do with Holiday mode....so why write it in response to mine which had nothing to do with the camp time issue?
    Clearly you have a lack of understanding about the entire reasoning behind these changes.

You said, specifically, that:

"Camp time" would not have any way to be "abused buy [sic] those who wish to avoid being attacked." Thus, the only thing related to this thread that you could possibly be talking about was the change of holiday mode.

It's too early in my day to do dancing around with semantics or other one-upsmanship techniques.

This change has been asked for by MANY people who have suffered the abuse caused by extremely petty people for as long as Holiday has existed. Your quote, listed below, was an initial fear, but that has not materialized. Instead, petty people who got beat or have some other grudge have been the abusers. Not going to argue this. I've seen who the abusers are, and this is a VERY welcome change, with the caveat that the change needs to work as advertised...

As to holiday vs. truce...only real difference is no upkeep on holiday. Much more attractive alternative than truce. It will be abused and anyone who doesn't think so has not played long.