Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HC 12 puzzle for the experts

Default HC 12 puzzle for the experts

Attached is a screen print of my 3rd hit on a level 12. It was a defeat but good enough to get a report. What puzzles me is I had 5 more successive hits after this with the same configuration with 5 lvl 100 heroes and I did not not get one report - all defeats. I was expecting a victory in one of those 5 hits. What did I do wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sharmane; 10-02-2010 at 09:34 AM.

No Offense but your Layers SUCKED. Archers and Just a warrior layer? Sometimes more = less damage as you just found out. Removing even 5k of those Archers and adding 2.5 k swords and 2.5k Pikes woulda Made a HUGE difference.

Layering Archers with Plain warriors serves little to no purpose..... And rarely does anything except spread trap damage if I am not mistaken......
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonhero View Post
    Like the fact that there is a "process" for luck. I bet his real process is that he hired a midget to dress up like a leprechaun and dance on his computer, wearing a necklace of rabbit feet and the number seven.
    Historical Cities: 2 2 1 0

Yes, yes. Thank you for that feedback. I though to send something that did not move faster than the archers. I had pikes and swords but thought to send the slower warriors. I was hoping to achieve archer trade fire, but obviously failed.
    My first 2 hits did have a mix of 50k pikes/ archers and swords,etc which obviously wiped the cavalry.

The ideal layering against HC can be found in my guide, so consults that. As it stands, warriors only does the same damage as naked archers.

You don't get war reports because it is based off the value of the units killed. Swords have a high value and it doesn't take killing many of them to get a report. You also did not clear the archers first, which means those archers were killing your units while you were clearing the archer. You simply did a lot less damage than you think.

Based on that report and what you've told me so far, I would not at all be surprised if there were 600k warriors left after the additional waves.

You might want to consult my guide and those of Woldere, Satan, and Spawn, so that you have a good idea how archer-exchange fire works.

Quote Originally Posted by sharmane View Post
    Attached is a screen print of my 3rd hit on a level 12. It was a defeat but good enough to get a report. What puzzles me is I had 5 more successive hits after this with the same configuration with 5 lvl 100 heroes and I did not not get one report - all defeats. I was expecting a victory in one of those 5 hits. What did I do wrong?

In this phase naked archers (no layers). After HC archers die need layers, as X~Calibur said.

Please, i need your hero attack/intel and if you used war horn. This report can save me to take another 12. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by X~Calibur View Post
    The ideal layering against HC can be found in my guide, so consults that. As it stands, warriors only does the same damage as naked archers.

You don't get war reports because it is based off the value of the units killed. Swords have a high value and it doesn't take killing many of them to get a report. You also did not clear the archers first, which means those archers were killing your units while you were clearing the archer. You simply did a lot less damage than you think.

Based on that report and what you've told me so far, I would not at all be surprised if there were 600k warriors left after the additional waves.

You might want to consult my guide and those of Woldere, Satan, and Spawn, so that you have a good idea how archer-exchange fire works.

Wouldn't he have failed trade fire with war layering in that combo? that could be the problem.

It's all about the layers, timing and heroes. If you fail one of the 3, all you you end up with a lighter food bill.
    Samael
    host of ROAR

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    Wouldn't he have failed trade fire with war layering in that combo? that could be the problem.
    His first question was why he didn't receive reports, so I answered that question. I also answered the tradefire question as part of the answer. In short, failing to achieve tradefire is a major problem.

9. Default

Always a good idea to consult forums and other alliance members before you hit a 12. I hate it so much when my fellow alliance members try 12s without talking through it.

Don't be worried about a matter of seconds on regen. You cleared calv so that shows a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by un3x View Post
    In this phase naked archers (no layers). After HC archers die need layers, as X~Calibur said.

Please, i need your hero attack/intel and if you used war horn. This report can save me to take another 12. Thx.

Heroes used all level 100 attack level 290-310. Intel not so good except for Queen. war horn used.