Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Unadvertised Halloween Package

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxody View Post
    a. Halloween Pumpkin Package worth $18 which does not need a key to open it but contains a Halloween Skeleton

There is no option for a $18 pkg if I go to buy game coins. Just the $30 option. Evony has outdone themselves on weaselware this time.

and they still can't spell corselet consistently...pathetic.
    Oh god, you need to work on your reading comprehension before you try to spell check others...

a. Halloween Pumpkin Package worth $18 which does not need a key to open it but contains a Halloween Skeleton Key.

WORTH. It's WORTH $18... as in... the items in the chest AMOUNT to $18. Which is the bonus to the 300 cents you purchased. You also get a key to another chest that amounts up to $30 depending on the chest it unlocks.

OMG people.
    retired to farming

Cool stuff got loads of Vesta's and and now got 5 candy for this holiday thing. Also saves me money now as I see no point buying a package as no gain in getting one.
    SS49 Retired
    S149 Retired
    S164 Back in the game after a nice long break.

I still think 500 vesta-equivalents for $180 is a better bargain than 500 vestas for $7,500.

I think of the banner phrase as just old signage that hasn't been taken down, yet. Let's there's a sign for a free DVD player with christmas lights and bows on it. But, it's past new years. The promotion was obviously for christmas. Are you going to complain because the deal has been changed and you no longer get a free DVD player, but get 90 blue-ray DVD players instead?

I see your side of the argument, and you have valid points. I just think it's a battle that's not worth fighting. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, this new deal is MUCH better for everyone except a player that is going to spend more than $150 in the next week. And I doubt there are very many of people in that situation.

I support your argument against the signage fail. I support your complaint about Evony's poor communications. I will back you up all the way with that. I just don't think there's a very valid complaint about the actual deal and the temporary change from vestas to candy. I'm willing to bet there will be a similar cornucopia for thanksgiving, and milk/cookies for Xmas. But, vesta will probably return after the holidays. In the meantime, this new system is actually a better deal for the vast majority of players.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
    Don't hate the deal, hate the Evony communications department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

omg quit freaking whining jerks. i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.

Once halloween is over they will either bring smexy back (vestas) or do some other fancy shmancy package to keep us gamblers happy. The packages never last forever, actually the happy chests was the longest running one i ever saw. its holidays we'll get candy, milk and cookies and be friggen happy about it. they do this so people who need to go spend time with their family over haloween dont have to worry about upkeep so much.

MAYBE you all should have been smart little players and saved vestas. if you cant maintain your upkeep without them, you shouldnt have such a large army in the first place vestas are for 24 hour relief, not a permanent thing. Back in the day, there were no milk, cookies, candy or vestas. So be happy with what you've got.

O rly?

i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    So the old deal got vestas for 2 people, but the new one sends them to EVERYONE ELSE! As long as 6 different players spend $30, then the entire alliance gets 5 days of 50% upkeep. With the old vesta system, half of the alliance would need to spend $150 each. In a 100 member alliance that's $180 vs $7,500 for 500 days worth of halved upkeep. This new deal sounds like a much bigger bargain!
    Also this made me smile on re-reading this topic:

'Sounds like a much bigger bargain'

just doesn't have the same ring to it as ROTA as:

'Is a bigger bargain'.

Your maths seems good lol, but your comparing 2 separate things. The candy has to be used within a certain time frame, 5 days. So if you get more than 5 is a waste in my eyes, as you will never get to use them. If i holiday over halloween, with these applied, and i snap out of holiday after halloween these disappear making my week long holiday over this fine festive season negate any positive effects of this 'candy'

Vesta you apply any time, and holiday freezes the time on them, making them a highly useful item. Everyone has been in the position of having a few days where food is tight, thus busy day at work/family means wack on a vesta, and when you come back your not forced into farm you got a bit of comfort zone

In my eyes you cant really compare candy (Severely limited use) against vesta (Highly malleable usage)
    Last edited by TCWNME; 10-22-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magaw View Post
    I am not a fan of coffee - as i try and keep away from any addictive substances

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    That must be hard given your stated location on the forums.

So,if I read this right, the purchaser is the only one that gets the newly named Vesta's? You can't gift one to a friend anymore?

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by zapperella View Post
    So,if I read this right, the purchaser is the only one that gets the newly named Vesta's? You can't gift one to a friend anymore?
    No, the entire alliance gets it, which is why it's seen as more valuable.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Meh. First off.....

Apply the 5 days worth of reduced upkeep and enter Holiday mode. Because you have activated 5 days of it when you exit holiday mode they should still continue as Holiday mode freezes everything and I think if you really read the fine print it is more along the lines of

" After the time frame we will remove any UNUSED items " Least that is how it was with Milk and Cookies And New Years Spirits.... I DID go into Holiday mode during the milk and cookies promotion AFTER I activated 5 of the buffs and when I exited I still had All those days free upkeep.... I Did not know about the New Years Spirit on till I Logged in on the 3rd as I was Relaxing for my B*day but I more than suspect that if you activate them prior to entering Holiday mode they will still be active when you exit for the remaining time

Second

As a Show of Good faith To ALL spenders Why doesn't evony simply do this All the time? As well as give everyone who spends $30 a Vesta Or Many Vesta's if multiples of $30 are spent? I mean I can see Evony making atleast 20 times what they are making now by people buying to ensure they have 0 troop upkeep and no one could complain cause non spenders would have a perma 50% reduction on troop upkeep

Ya it would make food less needed but would also change the game from afrmin to Attacking.... Since most won't have to spend between 5-19 hours a day farmin they could concentrate on Attacking

That being said many would complain that those who have no troop upkeep would have massive armies....... but then again they complain that those who spend all day online farmin so they have a massive army and can attack them and cap them..... So those who complain about others being bigger OR better or BOTH will always complain so just ignore them..... After All it's not like they are increasing revunue stream

Lastly..........

I see many have stated that evony is doing something really nice by this

Simply put...... No one is going to be online to farm and such for the holidays. Least Xmas and New years it was 0 troop upkeep for a day per item equiped... These make it so you still have to farm Not Value at All. I Def won't be spending and All Hallows Eve To An Aussie is nothing.... It's only an American Holiday although it does have significant religious Reasons behind it

So before everyone berates and defends evonys choice with this promotion ponder this

Is it as Good as Xmas or New Years Promotions?
    Would you spend? ( ONLY A QUESTION FOR THE SPENDERS )
    Would you Still have to log in to farm?
    Do you Like this Promotion? ( Once again SPENDERS ONLY )
    Would you prefer the Vesta over this Candy? ( SPENDERS ONLY )
    Would you prefer both so you get something and Alliance mates get something? ( Spenders only )
    Since your not a spender will you thank every single spender out there for supplying you with 5 days 50% upkeep reduction if in the past you Put down and ragged on spenders for spending and having an Advantage? ( NON SPENDERS )
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonhero View Post
    Like the fact that there is a "process" for luck. I bet his real process is that he hired a midget to dress up like a leprechaun and dance on his computer, wearing a necklace of rabbit feet and the number seven.
    Historical Cities: 2 2 1 0

Quote Originally Posted by Magaw View Post

If you came into a shop to buy a television, and in the front window it says:

With EVERY television you buy you get a free DVD player.

When you walk into the shop, and ask for that same package that the said company is advertising, and they refuse it to me for ANY reason, they are legally liable and legally at fault, false advertising is the main factor really.
    I used to work in retail. You have to honor the advertisement. Evony should have change that banner.
    retired to farming