Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troop Production Rate

Text Troop Production Rate

This is just a simple spreadsheet I made to help with troop production estimations. This will probably be most useful only to those who plan on capping NPHCs; giving them an estimated time of the earliest date they can attack. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone already made one of these. Anyhow..

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3K...thkey=CNTYiLQK

First part [Blue section]
    Input Section
    City-you can type in the name of your own cities here
    Barracks-enter in the number of barracks you have in that town [Note: Should be the number of barracks that can make the certain troop, i.e. if you only have 1 level 10 barrack and are interested in the production rate of catapults, enter only 1]
    Total Units-enter in the total number of units you will be making
    Hours/Minutes/Seconds-enter these values
    Total Hours-do not touch, I should have put this in the output section, but I didn't, oh well
    Output Section-do not modify these cells
    Time per barrack [in hours]-this is basically like how it is in game.
    24 Hour production Rate-this value is the rate of production of the total units you entered per 24 hours [the name can be confusing once you start messing with random numbers]
    Total 24 Hour production-The main purpose, how many of the certain type of troop you can make in that city

There is a grand total value at the bottom meant for all your cities

Notes: If you do not have 10 cities, just enter any number for barracks and time but keep total unit number at 0
    You can also find out an estimated troop production rate by just entering 1 troop and the time it takes to make a single unit.

Second Part [Lonely Gray Space]
    Just something I decided to throw in. Here you can find out estimated troop build times with any attack hero.
    Attack-your hero's attack
    Military science-current level in that city
    Build time-time it takes to build that unit in seconds
    Time in m/s-time converted to minutes and seconds. Note: This is NOT accurate, my version of excel will not let me round down on certain functions so some values are rounded up 1 second.

Credits to The Real McCoy for the formula and theevonywiki for default troop build times.

whats the main point of this? Barrack tell us how long it takes and how long it take for each seperate que....?

I guess suspending me for a day changed me...NOT

Ardee, you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shii View Post
    whats the main point of this? Barrack tell us how long it takes and how long it take for each seperate que....?
    its has a very good use.

it might be because its late but how do you get say the number of archers in out put? all I get are vague numbers in output without knowing what it applies to.

Looks confusing.

I like it

Possible upgrades would be to include metal casting, material costs, and achievement cost reductions, and maybe highlight a different color so it is easier read

+rep though

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    it might be because its late but how do you get say the number of archers in out put? all I get are vague numbers in output without knowing what it applies to.

Looks confusing.
    You only input 1 type of unit. Say you have a hero with 151 attack, so you can input a total of 5478 [archer] units which will take 149 hrs 7m and 24s [or 1 archer unit which will take 1m and 38s]. Your total 24 hour archer production will equate to 14106.122

If this still doesn't answer your question please say.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroAgg06 View Post
    I like it

Possible upgrades would be to include metal casting, material costs, and achievement cost reductions, and maybe highlight a different color so it is easier read

+rep though
    Thanks, metal casting actually gives the same effect as military science and since both of mine are at 10 I didn't think to add it. But that definitely should be added for people newly starting on servers. Material costs was in your aerocalc and I didn't want to take from you; anyone who uses this I have no doubt would also use yours, it might be a little redundant. But since you're suggesting it I think I'll include it, after all, massive production of troops with a high attack hero yields high and sometimes unexpected resource loss; since this is a planner that would be important to factor in.

Mine is also just base costs. It won't include achievement cost reductions. And mine is also based on deaths instead of building

Oh I see, then I'll definitely look into including it for a future version.

9. Default

on NA18 in ZERO land (messer) we call this concept TAPS. Total Archer Production.

The point is maximization of daily production, when you look at city developments with res fields to cottages you'll understand what it means to maximize raxs, and therefore maximize TAPs....or rather steadily improve it. This method/ concept helps people go from 30k daily TAPs to 100k TAPs.

This idea is okay, but (the spreadsheet) I think you're going about it the wrong way. Making it a little too complicated and not necessarily giving you a "forecast" of troop production. We have a few more 16s and the 18 to cap before I explain this in detail....but it's not a secret nor is it hard to figure out.

I'll concede that the spreadsheet might be more complicated than necessary but it is still simple enough to use.

The forecast ultimately depends on your troop queue process. As long as you have troops queued non-stop it should be accurate. My own process is to set all resource production to 0, get maximum idle population, then queue with best attack hero. Depending on the number of cottages and total population this can last from less than half a day to more than a day [assuming limited resources hold no restriction].