Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 2 Server Merges

Default HC merger question

This thought crossed my mind while replying in another thread. I figured the question deserved it's own thread.

I don't think there has been any Age 2 mergers. I'm not sure how they would do it. Sure, they can randomly drop all the cities, like an Age 1 merger. But, what about historic cities? If three players each own "Paris" on three servers that are merging, then who gets the HC location on the merged server?

1) Should Evony just take all HC's away from everyone? That seems unfair, especially with all the effort and resources it takes to conquer higher level HC's (especially Atlantis ).
    This plan would most likely come with "compensation packages" for players losing a HC. Just like an Age 1 merge when a player has a lord on 2 of the merging servers. The player gets to choose which lord they keep and get compensation cents for the lord they lose.

2) Should Evony give each HC to a random person among the owners of that city on the merging servers? That seems even more unfair, especially to the players that don't get the city they earned. (Like plan 1, this would probably include compensation packages for the lords that lose out)

3) Should Evony create more HC's, so all the current owners still keep the same number of HC's? The HC's would be much closer together than they are now, or the map would have to be made MUCH bigger.

4) Some other idea I have not thought of...

Age 2 servers will eventually have to merge as players go inactive for various reasons. The active populations will dwindle just like every Age 1 server, it's an inevitability of any multi-server MMO game.

So here's the question...
    How should Evony deal with HC's in an Age 2 merger?

I think the lesser of the evils is to take all HC's away from players in a merge, so every HC must be re-conquered. I don't like the idea, but I like the other solutions I came up with even less.

What are your thoughts?

edit: Does Evony already have an official position on how to deal with HC's in a merge, and I'm just unaware of it?
    If so, could someone please point me to the post describing the policy? If the question has already been officially answered, then this discussion is pointless... and I'm a fool for making this thread in the first place.
    Last edited by Rota; 09-03-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

I like the idea of merging 4 servers and making the map 4 times bigger. This way all earned cities are still earned. It would truly be a superserver.

Then make a few new HCs.

So the size would be 1600 by 1600
    NA1 0,0 to 800,800
    NA2 800,0 to 1600,800
    NA3 0,800 to 800, 1600
    NA4 800,800 to 1600,1600

Just an example.

Then have 8 new HC20s and 1 HC22
    HC20 will be spread like HC14s are in states but throughout the Superserver area.
    HC22 will be at 800,800

This also brings up the Hist Hero issue. There will be 4 of each HH. I see no reason why that couldn't happen.

Also there will be 100 new HHs added that are from a newer age 1800-1950 time period, and these will be able to go to lvl 200 and have base leadership as high as 200.

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

Heh I've Posted on this subject several times before, and your right about the one of the Key Issues, they other is Historic Heroes and doubles of them.

One Suggestion that seems to work with Historic Cities, is Simply to increase the HC Levels on Super Servers Were The 12s were you have only 14 or even 16s, then it goes up with the highest centre HC being Lv20 or 22.

This would mean players with HC simple get a special teliport to move into one of the Fixed Location HCs, now if the SS was only +2 that means players with Atlantis would come onto a super server with a state capital already, if +4 then they have 1/8 of a state.

Of Course That would mean that HC12 or HC14s Pretty much become regular cities, which can be teliported around with the bonus of there increased rally point.

The Other Option of course would be to make all Historics Turn normal with all benifits except control over regions.

However of course those with say HCs 12 or 14 that become normal cities would had a advantage, you have to create a new Historic Script or something that only dropped from HC16+ that would allow you to upgrade normal cities to Historic 12 or 14 class if the option was that all HC on the server were +4.

That's only one option i'm sure there are plenty more people can think off

Spawn- AgeII Na13 - Massacre Founder
    Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

It wouldn't be possible to merge an Age2 server.
    If it were, then they would simply have to merge players who don't own Historic Cities. Players who do would stay, no much else do to I'd think. Anything else would ruin the entire HC system IMO.
    Thanks WN1 Hit for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by AllDayXL View Post
    I like the idea of merging 4 servers and making the map 4 times bigger. This way all earned cities are still earned. It would truly be a superserver.

Then make a few new HCs.

So the size would be 1600 by 1600
    NA1 0,0 to 800,800
    NA2 800,0 to 1600,800
    NA3 0,800 to 800, 1600
    NA4 800,800 to 1600,1600

Just an example.

Then have 8 new HC20s and 1 HC22
    HC20 will be spread like HC14s are in states but throughout the Superserver area.
    HC22 will be at 800,800

This also brings up the Hist Hero issue. There will be 4 of each HH. I see no reason why that couldn't happen.

Also there will be 100 new HHs added that are from a newer age 1800-1950 time period, and these will be able to go to lvl 200 and have base leadership as high as 200.
    This idea is great but the distance of a server would be crazy, what I would suggest if this was done, is that Historic Cities could upgrade Relief Stations Above Lv10

However Above Lv10 They would give a new Bonus

For Instance Lv12 Would Increase All Troop Movement by Times 2, Then Lv14 Times 3, Lv16 Times 4, Lv18 Times 5.

That Would make historic cities good for travelling over the long distance.

Every one of your enemies has a weakness, you only have to find it, Unless you find your self facing me, were it shall be your weakness that leads to your demise - Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    This idea is great but the distance of a server would be crazy, what I would suggest if this was done, is that Historic Cities could upgrade Relief Stations Above Lv10

However Above Lv10 They would give a new Bonus

For Instance Lv12 Would Increase All Troop Movement by Times 2, Then Lv14 Times 3, Lv16 Times 4, Lv18 Times 5.

That Would make historic cities good for travelling over the long distance.
    Speed increases would be nice, maybe all travel times are increased by 4x if traveling over 20 miles. (so farming isnt changed much)

Speed increases would be nice, maybe all travel times are increased by 4x if traveling over 20 miles. (so farming isnt changed much)
    Well they could put a default increase in travel speed when you travel over 20 miles x2 and when you travel over 100miles x4 but twice the food used.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    Well they could put a default increase in travel speed when you travel over 20 miles x2 and when you travel over 100miles x4 but twice the food used.
    If it was the case they would need to do two things i think.

1-Make sure the timer is set right in the attack window so it displays the correct arrival time.
    2-If the army marches 1 min of a 10 hour march and is recalled, the food that wasnt used should be returned.

If it was the case they would need to do two things i think.

1-Make sure the timer is set right in the attack window so it displays the correct arrival time.
    2-If the army marches 1 min of a 10 hour march and is recalled, the food that wasnt used should be returned.
    That's how food should be with marching armies, its like there transporting it, and its slowly eaten away over time, if you recall you get it back.

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

Since Evony still has loads of bugs with age2, and the problems with Hcs and HHs I doubt we will see merges anytime soon.
    HHs could be renamed similar to alliances so you have Beowulf-NA1 and Beowulf-NA2. But the issue would be messy indeed as the HHs in the Inn are already confusing and buggy even now.

The HCs are a nightmare. I like the option to choose HCs again with a special script, although that means you lose ALL your hard work building it up, which can be EXTREMELY annoying if you have a lot of HCs and have to rebuild the lot from scratch.
    Also it would mean who ever logs in first can pick the choice spots. This can unbalance a game very quickly.

Imagine a powerful alliance with a large quantity of HCs all owning every HC near Atlantis, all 16s and all 14s. Overall the new server would have a VERY short life as it would make fighting that alliance almost impossible as they could take the core HCs on the new server within a few weeks.

The best way would be to consider a new type of city, and convert the 12s to this new type of city that can be ported once. The same rule can be applied to the bigger HCs already captured, they reduce the drafting distance (Atlantis cannot draft the ENTIRE server, and 16s cannot draft the ENTIRE state) so that the new 16s have some meaning.

The names of the city get renamed to match the server they came from. The NEW 12s would be named for the merged server.
    it would mean you could have clusters of HCs.

Evony is unlikely to make the map bigger, although it would help with the drafting issues of HCs. They only did this once over the life of evony I think.
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.