Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City loyalty STUCK at 1... explained.

Default City loyalty STUCK at 1... explained.

The source of this glitch has been recently figured out.

If a city has 99 grievance, it will stop at 1 loyalty. If a city is at 1 loyalty, it will be unable to gain any more grievance. So, if you grieve a city to 99 (or less if there's a tax rate in the target city), the city will halt at 1 loyalty, and become "stuck."

The solution is easy. Some people stop the loyalty grind when you pass the 15 loyalty threshold, and attack once every 6 minutes. DO NOT do this!!! Keep attacking with spam waves. You won't take loyalty down faster than 1 every 6 minutes, but you can still add to grievance. You need to get the grievance to 100 BEFORE the loyalty gets to 1. Just attack and get 100 grievance as soon as possible, even if the loyalty is still in double digits. With 100 grievance you can take the city once the loyalty drops from 1 to 0.

Let's say you grind grievance up to 100, by the time loyalty has dwindled to 10. You can then wait 60 minutes (give or take a few minutes depending on when the 6 minute "tick" is in relation to your last attack). Then just send one attack and you will take the city that has grieved itself to 0 loyalty.

I hope that helps.

If the loyalty does get stuck, then watch the population. When it lowers enough, the city will "riot" the last point of loyalty away. Then you can capture it.
    Last edited by Rota; 12-25-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Makes sense. I never send the 6min-spaced waves until 10 loyalty - and spam with cav as much as I can until then. The only time it stuck for me is if I didn't hit enough between 15 - 12 loyalty.
    retired to farming

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Rota, stop making so many rep worthy posts!!!

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

So in short to cap annoying cities you wait for them to come online then beat the bajeeszus out them... sounds like fun to me :P
    Big Thanks to Don Ezio for the awesome Sig
    Its The Immortal In Me

Where does induate with rumors come into this? is it worth anything or can it actually be used before 15 loyalty to do something useful?

I love you, Rota. I wanna rep you but can't...
    "I am not a man of blood; God is my witness that, in all of my wars, I have never been the aggressor and that my enemies have been the author of their own calamity." -Timur

"There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others." -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbs View Post
    So in short to cap annoying cities you wait for them to come online then beat the bajeeszus out them... sounds like fun to me :P
    You mean "wait for them to go offline."
    If they are online, then they can comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Then plunder them within an inch of their live so they can comfort once!
    THEN KILL

Unless they got a speech text
    Big Thanks to Don Ezio for the awesome Sig
    Its The Immortal In Me

that explains why it never happens to me and usualy happens to the members of my alliance, thanks rota
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

cool..but how do you tell what the grievance is?? and I have had more stuck cities than most people have pores in their butts......