Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Merger History

Quote Originally Posted by Mackay131 View Post
    Good work with the spreadsheet, I was thinking about this today about a server merge family tree.

It will be interesting to have some feedback from SS60, it is a 3rd generation merge with a pile of space junk (inactives) from 19 servers.
    You bring up a valid point... inactives from 19 servers is way to much... Evony needs get rid of inactives... oh wait that will be almost everyone in my retired alliance on N1

Thanks for taking the time to put that together SweetP-
    really puts a perspective on things.
    ./\_/\
    ( o_o )This is Stoned Kitteh. He Wishes that kitty and bunny would stop fighting.
    (")_(")Copy & Paste Stoned Kitteh into your signature to help end the war between kitty and bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
    inactives from 19 servers is way to much
    Wait till four servers with 19 servers each of inactives are merged
    Last edited by Mackay131; 12-07-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add text

Best wishes to those who were in ICECOLD, MERC, HONOR on 131, SOLACE on 144, thePack2 on 158

i want to see who will merge with 138 )......i hope they merge 141 and 139 with us....EPIC Wars will happen there

Staff Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGodess View Post
    More than a month ago, Evony Gods told one of my alliance mates that ss28 would be merged in mid-November.
    No one from Evony told anyone that. Not only would that employee be immediately terminated for breaking confidentiality but at that time we had not yet decided which servers were going to be merged.

Either your alliance-mate lied or someone lied to him. This is always the case when someone claims to have heard something or know something that is not posted publicly by an official source.
    Nathan Seltzer
    Evony Community Manager

Dawntracker
    Evony staff will never ask for your password.

There was a buzz that 131 was going to be merged several months back.

Every alliance suddenly went blue on each other and everyone started storing up for the move.

It still has not happened.

Best wishes to those who were in ICECOLD, MERC, HONOR on 131, SOLACE on 144, thePack2 on 158

Anybody else stuck in a 2 hour reset ?

The inactives with coin need to be separated to their own state, or a special server, or somehow saved so if they come back active they can again play.

until inactives are taken care of every merge will just bring more and more inactives forward. if they're saved on the inactive server as soon as they log in they have the choice to reactivate the acct back to what ever generation server they would have graduated to normally with a free random or adv port to put them on the map. this would solve the issue of not deleting the accounts with coins while clearing them off the map of active players.

servers could be grouped together much better this way cause the true numbers of real active players would be better represnted. instead of moving 15000 accts from each of the 4 old servers we group together 2000 active accts from each of the servers and have a real game. the others are put on the inactives server. would take much less maintenance to care for them here cause the work load would be much smaller on the inactive server vs keeping them on a busy working server among real players. as major sweeps are done more accts can be moved to the inactives server again clearing the map but probably allowing the servers to stay longer wthout mergers cause the trash is taken care of

I cant name how many peeps have moved on to new servers cause the older generation are dying under inactives. you're prolonging the issue cause old players group up, leave server A, and go to server B.

and until evony starts either saying more about how/why they're merging or not merging there will be rumors galore cause everyone is FED UP! i'm considering leaving my old server for the exact same reasons

Default Rumors and Mergers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    No one from Evony told anyone that. Not only would that employee be immediately terminated for breaking confidentiality but at that time we had not yet decided which servers were going to be merged.

Either your alliance-mate lied or someone lied to him. This is always the case when someone claims to have heard something or know something that is not posted publicly by an official source.
    Well Dawnseeker, if you have that much clout, then please show them the list that Sweetp took the time to put together. I've sent it through the channels and got this ridiculous non answer from "Leon" when I showed this post from Sweetp and a request for a merger:

Leon ? December 10 2010, 01:40 AM

Dear Player,

Thank you for your letter. We value your suggestion and we're working continuously to make the game mechanism much more balanced for all players and we're actively reading into your words and making note of suggestions offered to make this game more playable. Some changes may have some effects on certain players but all those changes are subjected to better enhance the majority's game experience.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Evony team

There was also a message about clearing inactives, however my post was showed these stas from 12-10-10

"Server N3 has 7917 accounts on the server. 4309 are rolled. Furthermore of the 7917 accounts 6918 are 1 city and dead." Take out the alt accounts we may have 200 active players. The reason tossed about is that we are "too active and spend too much money for a merger"

We are prepared to change that, and while some people -noobs- may dig deep..the majority won't be spending another dime.

Please advise.

Baenre
    Host Blackspt
    Server N3

I posted the spreadsheet that SweetP put up here on the feedback.evony.com website almost 10 days ago. Not a single response from those CSRs related to it.