Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 305

Thread: How to be an Amazing Spy

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1

    Default Top 10 defensive tips against spies

    TOP 10 TIPS TO WARD AGAINST EVONY SPIES:

    1.) Never give account info to anyone you do not know personally!!!
    2.) Always keep a browser logged into Evony and Facebook.
    3.) Manage your Facebook Friends and Privacy Settings. Know all of your
    Facebook friends. All of them! If there are too many to know... shorten
    your Facebook friends to your liking. You will notice, most top players
    will only have 150 Facebook friends or less. There is a reason for that.
    4.) Keep your cords secret unless requested from Host or Vice Host.
    Requesting/sending resources and attacking will give away your position.
    5.) Do not ask if a player is online in AC. Big NO-NO. Pink or mail them.
    6.) Learn to "Lurk".
    7.) If a player never helps and remains active, boot them. I don't care if
    they have high prestige. This means nothing if they do not help. Give me
    someone with high honor over prestige any day.
    8.) Make harassment a zero tolerance policy. Respecting other players goes a
    long way rather friend or foe.
    9.) Keep an eye on the progression of players. Set goals to be met and
    change them accordingly to match the overall growth of the alliance. This
    will constantly challenge spies to meet your alliance's expectations. One
    example, "Set minimum requirements to join Baron or higher".
    10.)Last and certainly not least... keep an eye on War Reports. Even if a spy
    manages to catch you offline and attacks are imminent you can still
    reinforce the player for counterattack.

    Spies gather player cords in a variety of ways. They can gather player cords be it from War Reports, login activity times from the Members section, requesting/sending resources to or from players or reinforcing other players
    with troops.

    In most cases, consider a spy as a player's alt account. Getting rid of players that truly offer no growth for the alliance as a whole is beneficial and allows room for players that do. Who know's you may have inadvertently removed a spy.

    Practice these 10 tips against spying and I guarantee not only will you be able to deal with spies... but you'll form a strong, productive and formidable alliance in the process.

    Take care,
    BAEL

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXBAELXx View Post
    TOP 10 TIPS TO WARD AGAINST EVONY SPIES:

    1.) Never give account info to anyone you do not know personally!!!
    2.) Always keep a browser logged into Evony and Facebook.
    3.) Manage your Facebook Friends and Privacy Settings. Know all of your
    Facebook friends. All of them! If there are too many to know... shorten
    your Facebook friends to your liking. You will notice, most top players
    will only have 150 Facebook friends or less. There is a reason for that.
    4.) Keep your cords secret unless requested from Host or Vice Host.
    Requesting/sending resources and attacking will give away your position.
    5.) Do not ask if a player is online in AC. Big NO-NO. Pink or mail them.
    6.) Learn to "Lurk".
    7.) If a player never helps and remains active, boot them. I don't care if
    they have high prestige. This means nothing if they do not help. Give me
    someone with high honor over prestige any day.
    8.) Make harassment a zero tolerance policy. Respecting other players goes a
    long way rather friend or foe.
    9.) Keep an eye on the progression of players. Set goals to be met and
    change them accordingly to match the overall growth of the alliance. This
    will constantly challenge spies to meet your alliance's expectations. One
    example, "Set minimum requirements to join Baron or higher".
    10.)Last and certainly not least... keep an eye on War Reports. Even if a spy
    manages to catch you offline and attacks are imminent you can still
    reinforce the player for counterattack.

    Spies gather player cords in a variety of ways. They can gather player cords be it from War Reports, login activity times from the Members section, requesting/sending resources to or from players or reinforcing other players
    with troops.

    In most cases, consider a spy as a player's alt account. Getting rid of players that truly offer no growth for the alliance as a whole is beneficial and allows room for players that do. Who know's you may have inadvertently removed a spy.

    Practice these 10 tips against spying and I guarantee not only will you be able to deal with spies... but you'll form a strong, productive and formidable alliance in the process.

    Take care,
    BAEL
    or people can stop being lazy and just build up like theyre supposed too and reinforce like theyre supposed too then spying wouldnt be a prob, simple
    hey! youre the tvrd im just the fly thats attracted to you

  3. #293

    Default

    remove all their players?





  4. #294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overover View Post
    Spying is one of the most power tactics inside the rules of Evony. However, many spies either, 1. Get caught easily, or 2. Don't use it to their full potential.

    This guide is broken into two parts.

    Part 1, How to go under the radar

    Part 2, How to crush the alliance.


    Part 1


    A. Go Above the Radar

    Surprisingly, the best way to go under the radar is to make yourself known. Most spies don't even say hello in chat in fear of getting caught. That is really suspicious. Make yourself known, crack jokes, and say hello. Get people to like you.

    B. Get in the War Reports

    Someone who never attacks or is never attacked is a dead giveaway. You can attack your friends with a few 500 scout and cav every once in a while. (Make sure they are ok with it) it really makes you seem like your fighting. Don't get attacked because it might giveaway your troops count and you want that secret. Try to send a lot of your troops away to a valley and then be attacked so you look like your weak and need help.

    C. Give a Helping Hand

    Ask if anyone one wants some food or iron. It's a good way to get cords too. Reinforce people only if it won't help much. Offer to help attack someone, however don't attack for real, send a little attack that will show in the WR but won't show what you sent.

    D. Fake incoming Attacks

    Tell the alliance you're trying to crush that someone is sending a huge attack at you. It makes it seem like you are in the line of fire too. Maybe you can even get them to send you some troops.

    E. Fake Being Scouted
    Similar to step D. Tell them that some player in the other alliance scouted you. You may even get some lumber and iron to rebuild. Be careful because if they see your honor didn't change they will know your lying.



    Part 2



    A. Get Login Times

    Main reason spying started. If you watch the login times in the alliance "members" section you can see what times people are usually online. Very effective to launch attacks on high prestige players since alliance members can't reinforce.

    B. Get them to Reinforce You

    Get a person to send you resources or troops, anything that makes them weaker. If you are close to a player of the alliance you work for, tell the alliance you are trying to kill that he is farming your NPCS and therefore need food a lot. Get a good stockpile going because you are gonna need it for the final step.

    C. Get their troops before they go to bed or work

    Basically, combine steps A and B. Get their troop count low before they go offline so an attack is devastating. Many players will give you some archers and layers if you say you need it. You could be surprised how many layers someone is willing to give not even thinking about getting attacked with cavs.

    D. Leave some of your army in your "friend's" embassy.
    If they believe that you can't farm your NPCs you can ask a "friend" to keep some troops in their embassy. It lowers their food count and also gives them a false state of security. You can recall them at any time and leave him with a lack of that troop's type. Also helps you get a huge stockpile.
    E. Send your real friends your WR.

    Even if your alliance attacks someone with 1 scout you get a full report in WR. This is obvious however. Try sending some 500 scout and cav spam. It's like scouting but you get to save the scouts for scoutbombs. Be careful because you people can only get blind attacked for so long without finding out why.

    F. Place the blame on someone else.

    Should be in part 1 too. Chances are someone in the alliance fits the stereotypical description of a spy. If you lead a chase on him they might kick him out and think they are in the clear. ONLY DO THIS IF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SPYS. No need to start a chase if they aren't thinking about it.

    G. Try to get a rank in the Alliance

    If you are helpful and nice and funny you might make it to officer which gives you a ton of opportunities. It works best if you get current officers to quit the alliance or the whole game so a spot opens up.

    H. See who shares login info.

    We all know people do it. If player A and player B share info and one of the two is always online, an attack on them is not recommended until most of the alliance is gone.

    I. Lead the Final Attack
    When people really doubt you or when you are ready to go back to your real alliance you need a big finish. You should not have many major attacks over this time and you might have gotten a lot of resources. Use all of this to make troops for a final attack. Wait till the host is offline, have someone attack with one scout and send them the WR. If you got a high rank in the alliance, expel everyone you can before you get expelled. When the alliance has lost almost all members and the host is zeroed you are pretty much victorious. Now you can use those troops you made to attack the remaining members or to defend against them or if you were kicked out before the host was zeroed attack him too.


    Conclusion

    Spying is difficult but useful. It requires a certain amount of people skills and a certain charm to get it just right. I have used these tactics on many different servers with many different people and have only been caught once. I have been an officer in an alliance a couple of times and even a presbyter once. It takes practice but it gets very fun after a while. It is really like playing a whole different game. Try to remember that your lie is only good if you can keep it. Once they find out your lying you gotta think fast if you don?t wanna be on their target list.

    Any questions or comments are welcomed and wanted.

    Spying is good sometimes.... But it is the hardest thing to do as your telling people how to. Why do people not talk in AC??? Because talking in AC makes friends not because there scared. If you make friends its how to betray them. Its hard to take stuff from them and its hard to kill them.


    [Staff]<12:39>From [Thalin] : @}------ A Rose for you!
    Im tuched Thalin didn't know you liked me that much =')

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UL Baby
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    i get that spying is apart of the game but its a bit far to kick everyone from the alliance


    By the amazing Luda

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Creating Perfect Chaos
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Kicking everyone from an alliance isn't espionage, so you can't consider the person who did that a spy. It's sabotage, so you might as well call them a saboteur.


    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

  7. #297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overover View Post
    Eh i respect your opinions but disagree. I used to think that way too but Evony gets boring after awhile if you dont spice it up. If two allainces are fighting and arn't making any headway it just loses its fun. You think its dirty but I think its perfectly ok. It doesn't break any rules. How is it dirty?
    Thing about spying though is that it is ruining a fair portion of the social side of evony. Having to constantly watch your back for spies, means you can never really trust someone until you have known them a long time. Generally only safe if you know them from a previous server. It also causes people to quit, because being doggedly back-stabbed like that can pretty much ruin the whole game for you.
    But hey for all those selfish enough to not care about this game and encourage it to grow, go ahead and become a spy.

  8. #298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overover View Post
    B. Get them to Reinforce You

    Get a person to send you resources or troops, anything that makes them weaker. If you are close to a player of the alliance you work for, tell the alliance you are trying to kill that he is farming your NPCS and therefore need food a lot. Get a good stockpile going because you are gonna need it for the final step.
    Terms of use:
    "Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Regan Mercantile, LLC, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, items, resources, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in the Game;"

    Is that not a scam? Are you not scamming the alliance out of their resources?

  9. #299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meatbrawl View Post
    Terms of use:
    "Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Regan Mercantile, LLC, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, items, resources, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in the Game;"

    Is that not a scam? Are you not scamming the alliance out of their resources?
    This is a stretch to apply this to spying. The verbiage is there to account for the typical MMO scams where someone promises a game item in return for another. ie: I have x item and will sell it to you for y. The con is to take y without giving x.

    Spies ask for resources to get your coords. If you send resources to them without expecting gold, items, resources or any other item, then it's not a scam. If you do expect that back, and don't get it, then I could see it fitting into that definition. But, that person will most likely get booted and attacked. At the very least, they will be suspect. Neither of which is too ideal for being a spy.

  10. #300

    Default

    Is spying low? Yes. But, spying IS a part of the game and a good thing to have. Spying is a skill. If you can spy, defeating an opposing alliance is that much easier.


    Surrender? Surrender! Do you think this symbol on my head stands for France?~Captain America

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •