Thread: Connection problems while trying to load Evony.

Default Connection problems while trying to load Evony.

Ever since I have started playing this game I have had countless problems trying to load Evony. When I click on the server I wish to log into, it will start to load then after about a minute, it'll say "Network Connection error". On some days it'll load after the first couple trys, but on days like today it will never load. I use Internet Explorer, I tried Mozilla Firefox but the loading part literally goes from 0% to 4% to 8% to 14% to 9% then to 0%. It goes back in forth. I use satelite internet.

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

Sorry for the later reply, but have a look at this.

Try this:

Many people have been asking lately on how to make the game go/load faster. Now I know that there have been some issues with the servers beign over capacity, but this is just to help you speed up your browser in general, which will help the game go faster and reduce freezing etc.

The first method is to delete the temporary Internet files. Follow these steps:

1) Select Tools
    2) Click Delete Browsing History
    3) Click Delete Files nest to the box Temporary Internet files.
    4) Exit out of your browser

Method 2- Erasing of all saved internet data:

1) Select Tools
    2) Click delete browsing history

By deleting these files, it frees up space in your virtual memory, which is required
    3) Select Delete All (at the bottom)
    *4) *OPTIONAL* Check delete add-ons
    5) Click OK
    6) Exit out of Browser

By deleting add-ons you also free up even more space.

It also helps if you shut down/restart or just restart you computer. Thsi helps it reload the information it needs to function.
    Also, if you haev multiple programs runnign at once, try shuttign them down leaving only your browser open.

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

Please Note: This guide is for Windows PC's that run on Internet Explorer, although it may be applied to other web browsers.

Here is another method described by Dawnseeker:

Flash is a wonderful platform for a game like Evony, but one of the limitations of the software is that it can get confused when you have different versions of the client on your hard drive from what it is reading on the web.

This can cause problems which may prevent your game from loading or may cause loading to freeze.

Flash not only uses your browser's cache, but it also stores files on your hard drive. Clearing out these files on your hard drive along with your browser cache will ensure that you are always running the latest version of the game client.

You can easily clear your Flash temp files from Macromedia's Flash Player Manager.

Alternatively, you can do the process manually (you'll need to be able to view hidden files on your computer).

Clearing Evony Flash Files

Quote:
    Open this path:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\
    *NOTE: Username should be changed to whatever your username is when you log in. The easiest way to get there is to just open My Computer and click on users and then choose the file for your username.

Once you are there, select the folder called #SharedObjects (you will not be able to see this folder if you can't see hidden files).

Open the #SharedObjects folder and delete all the files and folders which come up.

Return to this path: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\

Go down to: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Once again, delete all the files and folders except do not delete the Settings folder. Deleting it won't cause any harm, but it will erase your saved Flash settings.
    Clear your cache.
    Restart your computer
    If you follow these steps this should force your computer to download the latest flash client and you should not run into connection problems caused by incompatible clients. Thanks!
    And another described by Brightfang:

Quote:
    1.THE GAME ASKS TO CREATE A NEW LORD BUT I HAVE A PRE-EXISTING ACCOUNT

Are you trying to play on a new server that you havent been on before?
    Check to be sure you are trying to log into a server youve played on before

Did you input the wrong log in Data/data of different account (lets hope not!!)
    using someone elses details or the details of another account in general on the same server is illegal and will result in banning

2.THE GAME WONT LOAD IN MY BROWSER WHAT DO I DO!!?

Clear your Browser Cache
    Try Refreshing the page
    Try another Browser
    Check to make sure you aren't blocking the game

3.IVE TRIED MULTIPLE BROWSERS AND NONE ARE WORKING!!

Check to make sure the Flash Player on your computer is working
    Check the security settings of your browsers they may be blocking the game
    Make sure you are actually giving the game the chance to load sometimes it is slow due to your connection

4.THE GAME WILL ONLY LOAD PART WAY AND THEN IT STOPS

Check your internet connection this could be due to you losing your connection in the middle of the loading process
    View the steps in #2

IVE TRIED ALL OF THIS AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING
    If this is the case chances are the server you are trying to log into is having problems or you have no Internet connection

Last, you can try this, but as a last resort, as it can cause system instability:
    Press and hold Ctrl/alt/del. Windows Task Manager will open up.

Next, select the processes tab.

Select the browser that you use from the list, and right click.

Place your mouse over the Set priority button. Priority should still be on normal.

Realtime is the highest priority, but it is also most likely to cause instability on your platform.

Like I said, use this ONLY as a VERY last resort.

Hope this helps.

I think what your probelm is is that something is outdated on your computer, probably Flash. Download the newest version of it and it may help. (I think Adobe makes it, so go to the Adobe website. I think. I may be wrong.)

If you are using Internet Explorer, that also may be your problem. iE is known to be very slow while running Evony.

Hoep something works out for ya.

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.